Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies -- it was delicious! Definitely not as filling as my old OMADs, but satisfying for sure. I have been enjoying the lighter satisfied feeling at the end of my meals so far, but I am sure I will really enjoy being FULL again on OMAD days!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I can't fit the amount of salad I have on any plate... I use a big stainless steel mixing bowl! :|

Same here!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to have to separate my salads as well especially since they will be bigger as I am not eating meat this month.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    We are the giant salad people!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    We are the giant salad people!

I agree :p
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Yesterday was a super busy unpacking day, so I didn't stick to my IF window since I was grabbing as I could. I burned a butt load of calories, though! Unpacking is pretty much done, so I don't foresee any further issues.

Just got back from a sweaty 5-mile walk and inhaled a protein bar and shake. Today's window will be 10:15 - 6:15, which I think I will actually prefer over my earlier windows.
    I'm loving being more active, and I'm happy no one has chased me off with pitchforks for not being a fulltime OMADer anymore!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Wow 5 miles that's awesome :) I better get my lazy butt off the couch and catch up with you :p
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Your meal looks so balanced @Brittdee88 and so yummie! :)
  • brittdee88
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks, Barb!

Decided to have my (semi) cooked meal at lunch for a change:
    oujhzcl5pcbh.jpg

A "norito" with black bean salad, Spanish-style rice and quinoa, and guacamole
    Dehydrated nacho cheez kale chips
    Rice crispy treat (not pictured)

This will likely be another grad school staple. Was super easy to roll all together and I just used up a bunch of leftovers!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Those meals look so good! I am not vegan or vegetarian and I would eat the crap out of all of that LOL I'm glad your move went well, it took me a solid 2 weeks to decide that I was ready to get back on my normal schedule, starting today! How are things going this week?
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yum!!!! So thankful to see your delicious foods only hour before I open my window!

Glad you're all moved in and that 5 mile walk sounds like it did you good :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yummie meal Britt love it!!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Britt hasn't posted this week, I hope all is well with her.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Looks very yummy. I need to learn to eat more like that. I would like to eat less meat.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I haven't been over here because I'm doing two meals a day now -- a postworkout meal and a "regular" dinner. I don't see myself going back to OMAD again for a while, at least not as long as I am working out. But thanks for all the support! Best of luck!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone. I haven't been over here because I'm doing two meals a day now -- a postworkout meal and a "regular" dinner. I don't see myself going back to OMAD again for a while, at least not as long as I am working out. But thanks for all the support! Best of luck!

I feel like I can speak for the group when I say I hope you still keep us updated! We'll miss you if you don't! Glad to hear you're doing well though :):):)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, Britt! I stand by @mistymeadows2005 and ask that you please keep us updated. Thanks for checking in with us so we know you're okay.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I third @mistymeadows2005 and @wsandy8512 and would hate to see you leave. Please do keep posting.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Fourth!!
  • blambo61
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Let is know how your progress goes! I've done mostly a 16:8 this last year but it's still nice to stay in contact.