Newbie - question about food diary

crashdolly
crashdolly Posts: 19 Member
Hi Everyone, thanks for accepting me to your group. I'm just starting out on a LCHF plan, with my goals at 5% carbs (20g ish) 30% protein and 65% fat.

In the MFP food diary I have set the macros to reflect this, but am I right in thinking the carb total on there includes Dietary Fibre as well? So today my diary says I have eaten (or plan to eat) 27g carbs, but 18g fibre - so can I count my net carbs as 9g? I'm not wanting to eat extra carbs, just making sure I know how it works!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    It does. Some people will change the view in settings so that fiber shows up right next to carbs and just do the math when they are looking. If you're using MFP on a computer you can install a script that you can find somewhere in the launch pad info that'll do the math for you. Or you can just know that you'll always show slightly over on carbs because of fiber or raise the carb limit to allow the fiber and count total carbs...
    Lots of different way depending on your preference.
  • crashdolly
    crashdolly Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you, that's really helpful :)
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    The script is linked to here in the sticky. I find it very useful.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348436/enhancing-mfp-displays-for-low-carb#latest