Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    How's it going?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I had a break day yesterday. From reading other posts, I'm realizing that most everyone does not follow OMAD every day. I'm past the two week mark so I feel like I've reset my body in a way that I can trust my hunger signals... And because I've been intermittent fasting for a while, I'm comfortable putting off eating without thinking, "But I'll go into starvation mode and hold onto fat." I have a barbecue tonight, but I don't like going all day. But maybe. I'm undecided.

My best success was with one splurge day a week and no more. I lost well and was able to let some pressure off.
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    How's it going?

Hi! Iv'e been pretty busy with work and I'm trying to find a balance. I had to reevaluate yesterday because I have been eating at night. I fasted all day yesterday and ate one meal in the evening and I feel better already. I will do that from now until the 10th and then I will have to find a way to make this work while I am back full time. It will take a while before everything falls into a routine and I could easily backslide all the way to my stating weight if I'm not aware. Which I don't want to do! Thank you so much for asking. It's hard to be consistent long enough to lose the pounds!

Blambo61- Thanks for the tip. I definitely need to find a balance because it's too easy to slip into old habits. A splurge day is so important, I think. I just need to make sure it doesn't turn into a splurge week! Which is kind of what I'm coming out of at the moment. :#
  • blambo61
    Options
    How's it going?

Hi! Iv'e been pretty busy with work and I'm trying to find a balance. I had to reevaluate yesterday because I have been eating at night. I fasted all day yesterday and ate one meal in the evening and I feel better already. I will do that from now until the 10th and then I will have to find a way to make this work while I am back full time. It will take a while before everything falls into a routine and I could easily backslide all the way to my stating weight if I'm not aware. Which I don't want to do! Thank you so much for asking. It's hard to be consistent long enough to lose the pounds!

Blambo61- Thanks for the tip. I definitely need to find a balance because it's too easy to slip into old habits. A splurge day is so important, I think. I just need to make sure it doesn't turn into a splurge week! Which is kind of what I'm coming out of at the moment. :#

This doesn't have to be all or nothing. I see fasting having 3-variables:
    1. How many days a week you fast
    2. How long you fast for each fast day
    3. How much you eat for each day fasting or not

You can vary these to make something work for you.

If a person is struggling with OMAD, they can go to a 16:8 for a little while. I find if I'm doing a 16:8 and make my lunch low, carb. I can maintain weight. I can then come back later and do some more OMAD days or maybe some 18:6 days, or some 20:4 days (which is my normal mode when I'm trying to lose). I think it is much better to go part way than nothing at all. You will at least maintain and can live to fight the battle another day. Don't just give in and go back to old habits! You can do it! It is not an all or nothing thing!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I agree with Bob, You can do this :)
  • gomissfitnes
    Options
    Well, now I'm all inspired! Thanks guys! The three variables really make sense to me!
  • gomissfitnes
    Options
    Hello! I've finally settled into work and it's time to start working out. I'm down 4 pounds and I've relaxed a lot about whether or not it will work. It works and I don't count calories. I eat more on the weekends and I'm trying to restrict that to only one day but I'm hovering around the same weight for three weeks now. I'm excited to introduce exercise back into my routine. I have experienced several big changes in my life recently and I finally feel like I can take a breath.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back. Keep us posted on your progress.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great that you are relaxed about it all now! It really does work... :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Not counting calories is one of the great things about OMAD, Glad to see you back :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Not counting calories is one of the great things about OMAD, Glad to see you back :)

I usually don't count but I have most of this week because I'm curious how much I'm eating because I have been losing fast lately. It appears to me that I'm losing much faster than the deficits I have. I think that is the fasting factor. Possibly due to gluconeogenis where I've read that it is only 57% efficient. If that is the case, then it takes about 2-cals of fat to produce a cal of glucose which could cause more losses. Just a thought.
  • gomissfitnes
    Options
    Well I don't think my post went through so I guess I'll try it again! Which is what I'm doing with my weight again! I've been hanging onto about 10 pounds for three months now and I tell you, on a shorty like me, it sure makes a difference in how I feel about my appearance. Nothing fits. Blah blah. I'm hoping to drop about a pound a week. If you are maintaining, I'd love to hear about your success!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    This is how Im doing maintenance...

I will eat OMAD either 4 or 5 days a week and have 2 or 3 splurge days...If I want to lose weight for the week I will do low carb on my OMAD days.