Egg fast makes me sick

Options
13»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Yowza! Lets see.... when was Clockwork Orange going around? Sounds dreadful.

Yeah. It was a different time. And, for context: he was a recovering alcoholic, who already had early stage emphysema. He had definite views on alcohol and tobacco.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    pdxhak wrote: »
    When I did an egg fast once I didn't add any fat. They're already a high fat food.
    Just cook them in a normal amount and don't add extra when you eat them. Could just be that it was too much fat at one time. You really don't need more than they already contain.

If you do not add the fat then it is not the Egg Fast diet as designed. Obviously anyone can fast with just eggs but it would not be the Egg Fast Diet.

@pdxhak - I would imagine that the difference here is "an egg fast" and not THE "Egg Fast Diet." @Sunny_Bunny_ did a type of fat fast with just eggs, as that was compliant with her own individual needs. She wasn't following the specific protocol designated with the formally titled "Egg Fast Diet." Many times, even within the official "Egg Fast Diet," participants are invited to tweak the plan to their needs.

As always, some people need more fats to remain satiated, others do not. Some need the fats to adhere to a protocol, others might not. My understanding, in general, of the intention of a fat fast is to simplify the intake of foods to eliminate sneaky carbs and do a sort of metabolic reboot, keeping the calories up enough to boost the base metabolic rate, etc. If one simply wanted to simplify and not add excess calories or fats, there is not a need to follow a formal plan, I wouldn't think. That's more of a formula for KISS/error-proofing...

Streamlined, basics, reboot, fat "fast" being a misnomer, it's all a reboot/simplification/streamlining tool system.
    Tomato, Tomahhhhhto.... To me, it's just another tool in my toolbox. :)

From what I read, the folks into the Egg Fast Diet have rather strict rules on how to follow it. However it does not matter for this thread. Everyone has their own journey :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Well, that's just the inner and outer beauty of our unusual group, isn't it?

All of us get to pick our very own flavors, colors, rules, etc., unfettered by what may or may not have worked for us or anyone else before! B)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

All of us get to pick our very own flavors, colors, rules, etc., unfettered by what may or may not have worked for us or anyone else before! B)

Yup. I believe on the launch pad we called it "roll your own"!

it reminds me: everytime someone asks if anyone is on "the" slow carb diet I have to ask if they mean Tim Ferriss's thing, or eating slow carb. I've been eating slow carb for about 15 years, and calling it that. Tim Ferriss seems to think he made the phrase up, and has trademarked it. Maybe because he added a hyphen. :Do:)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Yup. I believe on the launch pad we called it "roll your own"!

it reminds me: everytime someone asks if anyone is on "the" slow carb diet I have to ask if they mean Tim Ferriss's thing, or eating slow carb. I've been eating slow carb for about 15 years, and calling it that. Tim Ferriss seems to think he made the phrase up, and has trademarked it. Maybe because he added a hyphen. :Do:)

Hrrrmmm? :o Sounds pretty generic-descriptive to me. That devilish, unobtrusive little hy-phen...
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I cldnt do an egg fast as my brain and stomach often reject them. When I do eat them they are boiled w a little butter and loads of butter and back bacon. Without the extra butter I cldnt eat them at all.