17 Day Diet -Who is joining me?

Options

Replies

• knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Monday is the day then. I'm probably going to still do my measurements/pics on Sunday for the reasons mentioned earlier - time. I can hop on the scale every morning though lol.
  • knittingbandmom
    Options
    Hey ladies, do you mind if I join you?

I started this diet yesterday and could really use some support. There isn't much out there until I found you all.

So far, what I can share is day 1 went pretty good. The nice thing about doing this is you can eat when you are hungry! I love that we can also have yogurt too and that was nice with my fruit. Best of luck ladies who start Sunday/Monday!

That is the main reason I chose this plan. Fruit and yogurt. I am told it helps. I read somewhere about blending yogurt with frozen berries. I could probably eat that every day!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Sure everyone is welcome. The more the merrier :drinker:
    Yeah I think let's weigh, measure and do pics on Sunday....
    I want to do like an excel spreadsheet of our weights and measurements, what do you all think?
  • knittingbandmom
    Options
    I'm so glad you all are doing this plan too. I've been working myself up to it all week, telling ladies at work "next week is it" and no more going downstairs to the deli for me for a while. It's a very good deli but their daily specials are things like Taco Salad, Lasagna, Philly Cheesesteak, Bacon Cheeseburger, you get it.

So I have a question. What is on your grocery list? I shop for 3 - myself and 2 teenagers. My son (19) needs to lose over 100 pounds at a minimum and maybe closer to 130-150ish. He is excited and fascinated by this plan and will be joining me. My daughter (14) is the athletic build in the family. She doesn't really need to lose any weight but her diet is horrible so switching to clean eating will be good for her.

I am planning on loading up on several packages of chicken breasts, then marinating them in different flavors and pre-cooking them all on Sunday. Other than that I thought I'd grab some cans of tuna, eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt. I'm going to pick up salad making items and FF dressing, fresh asparagus, and spinach, and probably frozen bags of green beans, brussel sprouts, and broccoli/cauliflower mixes. For fruits I'm grabbing apples, pears, peaches, grapefruit, and oranges. I've got lemons and green tea, and skim milk.

I also thought I'd totally gut my fridge and look for some pretty plastic bowls/containers to display all the fruit and veggies in.
    This is the part I always choke on (planning & preparing) so any advice/suggestions/ideas would be most appreciated!
  • slimbettie
    Options
    I'm so glad you all are doing this plan too. I've been working myself up to it all week, telling ladies at work "next week is it" and no more going downstairs to the deli for me for a while. It's a very good deli but their daily specials are things like Taco Salad, Lasagna, Philly Cheesesteak, Bacon Cheeseburger, you get it.

So I have a question. What is on your grocery list? I shop for 3 - myself and 2 teenagers. My son (19) needs to lose over 100 pounds at a minimum and maybe closer to 130-150ish. He is excited and fascinated by this plan and will be joining me. My daughter (14) is the athletic build in the family. She doesn't really need to lose any weight but her diet is horrible so switching to clean eating will be good for her.

I am planning on loading up on several packages of chicken breasts, then marinating them in different flavors and pre-cooking them all on Sunday. Other than that I thought I'd grab some cans of tuna, eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt. I'm going to pick up salad making items and FF dressing, fresh asparagus, and spinach, and probably frozen bags of green beans, brussel sprouts, and broccoli/cauliflower mixes. For fruits I'm grabbing apples, pears, peaches, grapefruit, and oranges. I've got lemons and green tea, and skim milk.

I also thought I'd totally gut my fridge and look for some pretty plastic bowls/containers to display all the fruit and veggies in.
    This is the part I always choke on (planning & preparing) so any advice/suggestions/ideas would be most appreciated!

It seems you are pretty organized already....there is really nothing more I could add to what you are already doing, in fact I think I am stealing some of you ideas here :laugh: I am a very boring eater...I will stick to the plain old veggies and chicken thing probably for the first week and then after that I will start to find some recipes to spice things up. I was thinking for my first week I will focus on eggs and fruit for breakfast and chicken/fish for both lunches and dinners and swop my salads and veggies between meals. One thing that is going to be extremely hard to do is not have my milk..I love my coffee with milk all through the day. But I guess I can do this for 17 days right? we can all do something for 17 days.....
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry!

But this challenge isn't long enough for me:

It isn't just a 17 day diet plan! It changes every 17 days, so you could use it as long as you want to. Why don't you give it a try. Plus you will have the help and support of this group too!
  • Calderon46
    Options
    Hi Slimbettie & all,
    Count me in. Sounds a really good way to get things going again.
  • knittingbandmom
    Options
    Sorry!

But this challenge isn't long enough for me:

It isn't just a 17 day diet plan! It changes every 17 days, so you could use it as long as you want to. Why don't you give it a try. Plus you will have the help and support of this group too!

I know, right? I love the idea of changing things up every 17 days. I have about 60 pounds to lose so I'll be here a while :)
  • knittingbandmom
    Options

It seems you are pretty organized already....there is really nothing more I could add to what you are already doing, in fact I think I am stealing some of you ideas here :laugh: I am a very boring eater...I will stick to the plain old veggies and chicken thing probably for the first week and then after that I will start to find some recipes to spice things up. I was thinking for my first week I will focus on eggs and fruit for breakfast and chicken/fish for both lunches and dinners and swop my salads and veggies between meals. One thing that is going to be extremely hard to do is not have my milk..I love my coffee with milk all through the day. But I guess I can do this for 17 days right? we can all do something for 17 days.....

You can have Low-fat acidophilus milk and in the book he says it tastes like milk but I have no idea what it looks like or bands, etc. If you figure it out let me know! I'm marinating chicken in fat fee Italian dressing and am going to bake a big batch of it later today for lunches and dinners.
  • slimbettie
    Options
    @Knittingbandmom - I cant find the Low-fat acidophilus milk....soooo black it will be :sad: But actually I am fine with that. It's is just a mental thing right. From day 18 I will drink skim milk.
  • tinacristina
    tinacristina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @Knittingbandmom - I cant find the Low-fat acidophilus milk....soooo black it will be :sad: But actually I am fine with that. It's is just a mental thing right. From day 18 I will drink skim milk.

Try Kefir...it's delicious and thick and available at the health food store.You can have up to 2 cups I believe. I haven't had any yet since I LOVE eating the yogurt!! it works!
  • tinacristina
    Options

Try the Kefir...it's so good and thick. You can have it on the 17DD
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies for letting me join you even though I have already started Just wanted to share my good news so far and it's been pretty easy. I am doing a lot with cut up chicken in water plus seasonings and tons of veggies that I found in the refrig, turning it into chicken, super thick, mega soup and it's all free food!! Helps me when I feel hungry and the yogurt is such a treat!! I feel good and so far so good.

Round 1:
    C1D1: No weigh in
    C1D2: 178.2
    C1D3: No weigh in
    C1D4: No weigh in
    C1D5 174.4
  • Calderon46
    Options
    Haven't got the book yet. Can anyone tell me what I'm not allowed for the first 17 days please, or is it asier to tell me what I can have? Thanks
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Calderon-
    Cycle 1 is unlimited cleansing veggies (think green) and unlimited LEAN meat (chicken, tuna, turkey breast etc) no read meat. You are allowed 2 fruits but must be eaten before 2 pm. Also you can eat (should eat) 2 servings of a probiotic (yogurt, keifer..etc). also you should have 2 tlbs of either olive oil Start the morning out with hot water and lemon and with every meal have a cup of green tea. On top of that you should drink 64-96 oz of water. This is the cleansing phase. Here are my meals for tomorrow.

Breakfast
    Mini quiche- eggs with spinach and mushrooms
    green tea

snack
    Activia Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries

lunch
    4 oz of fresh turkey breast
    1 tomato
    balsamic vinegarette (sp)

Snack
    Apple cut up

Dinner
    ground turkey taco with 2.5 cups of spinach
    Greek Activia yogurt
    Green tea
  • slimbettie
    Options
    Hi!
    I got this somewhere on the web, can't remember where. But it is very accurate. I read the book and can tell you if you have this for the first 17 days you are good to go!!

17 Day Diet – 1st Cycle
    Foods I can eat:
    Lean proteins: Fish (salmon, sole, flounder, catfish, tilapia, canned light tuna in water), chicken breast, turkey breast, ground turkey, eggs (2 eggs = 1 serving or 4 egg whites = 1 serving)
    Cleansing Vegetables: artichoke, artichoke hearts, asparagus, bell peppers (any color) broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, green beans, green leafy vegetables, kale, leeks, lettuce (all varieties), mushrooms, okra, onions, parsley, scallions, spinach, tomatoes, watercress
    Low Sugar Fruit – 2 servings daily: apples, berries (all types) grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, plums, prickly pear cactus, prunes, red grapes. Don’t eat your fruit servings after 2 pm as the carb’s will turn to fat if not used for energy.
    Probiotic Foods – 2 servings daily: Yogurt (any type; Greek style, sugar-free fruit flavored, plain, and low-fat 6 oz. container = 1 serving), Kefir (1 cup = 1 serving), Low-fat acidophilus milk (1 cup = 1 serving), Yakult (small 50 calorie bottle), Breakstone LiveActive cottage cheese ( ½ cup = 1 serving), Reduced salt miso dissolved in low-fat, low-sodium broth (1 Tbs. = 1 serving), Tempeh, Sauerkraut, Kimchi
    Friendly Fats – 1 to 2 Tbs. daily: Olive oil, Flaxseed oil
    Condiments: salsa, low-carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low-carb ketchup, fat-free sour cream, low-fat low-sodium broth, Truvia, sugar-free jams and jellies, vegetable cooking spray, fat-free cheeses (Parmesan), fat-free salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs and spices.
    Coffee and Tea are allowed on this diet, but DON’T count towards your 8 glasses of water. ( I use a tiny bit of Truvia in my coffee, as it’s really sweet)
    Meal Planning:
    Breakfast
    2 eggs or 4 egg whites; or 1 serving probiotic food such as yogurt
    1 fruit serving
    1 cup green tea
    Lunch
    Large serving of protein plus unlimited amounts of cleansing vegetables; or 1 probiotic with your veggies
    1 cup green tea
    Dinner
    Large serving of protein in the form of fish or chicken
    Unlimited amounts of cleansing vegetables
    1 cup green tea
    Snacks
    2nd fruit serving
    2nd probiotic serving
    Additional
    1 serving (1 to 2 Tbs of friendly fat to use on salads, vegetables or cooking)
    Drink when you first wake up: One 8 oz. glass of hot water with juice from ½ lemon.
    Be sure to drink eight 8 oz glasses of water EVERY DAY!!!
    Do two 17 minute work-out sessions (one in the morning, one in the evening)
    Meal Planning
    Breakfast:
    Protein or probiotic serving: ____________________
    Fruit serving: ________________________________
    Lunch:
    Cleansing Vegetables: _________________________
    Dinner:
    Protein serving: ______________________________
    Snacks:
    2nd fruit serving: _____________________________
    2nd probiotic serving: _________________________
    Other:
    Friendly fat serving: __________________________
  • slimbettie
    Options
    Okay, so now for my first day report...:smile:

First thing this morning: The hot lemon water made me so nauseous (spelling..), I don't know about you guys????? I said tomorrow I will try it again and if it is still like that, then I will drink it in cold water. Hope that will help me.

I was so stuffed with lunch. I had a HUGE chicken salad and yup I could not eat it all...... I had my apple at 2:30....I hope that will be okay too :embarassed:

So tonight it is veggies and again chicken.

I could not find any turkey. Here in South Africa it is not so easily available. I also could not find the kefir you all talk about, so it is black coffee for me.

Green tea; I bought a pack of Lipton Green tea with mint. I also drink green tea capsules. So I think I am good on the green tea deal hehehe.

I took my before pictures too. And measured.

Weight today: 129.1 kg / 284.02 lbs

I think I pretty much am sailing through day 1. Please let me know how the rest of you are doing?

Also, do you think we should start a new thread or a group?

Cherio! :drinker:
  • slimbettie
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies for letting me join you even though I have already started Just wanted to share my good news so far and it's been pretty easy. I am doing a lot with cut up chicken in water plus seasonings and tons of veggies that I found in the refrig, turning it into chicken, super thick, mega soup and it's all free food!! Helps me when I feel hungry and the yogurt is such a treat!! I feel good and so far so good.

Round 1:
    C1D1: No weigh in
    C1D2: 178.2
    C1D3: No weigh in
    C1D4: No weigh in
    C1D5 174.4
    Tinachristina you are doing very good. Keep it up!!!
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Okay, so now for my first day report...:smile:

First thing this morning: The hot lemon water made me so nauseous (spelling..), I don't know about you guys????? I said tomorrow I will try it again and if it is still like that, then I will drink it in cold water. Hope that will help me.

I was so stuffed with lunch. I had a HUGE chicken salad and yup I could not eat it all...... I had my apple at 2:30....I hope that will be okay too :embarassed:

So tonight it is veggies and again chicken.

I could not find any turkey. Here in South Africa it is not so easily available. I also could not find the kefir you all talk about, so it is black coffee for me.

Green tea; I bought a pack of Lipton Green tea with mint. I also drink green tea capsules. So I think I am good on the green tea deal hehehe.

I took my before pictures too. And measured.

Weight today: 129.1 kg / 284.02 lbs

I think I pretty much am sailing through day 1. Please let me know how the rest of you are doing?

Also, do you think we should start a new thread or a group?

Cherio! :drinker:

Kefir is like a yogurt and often times found in the yogurt section. It's thicker than milk but very tasty. There are ways to also make Kefir homemade but it's not nearly as tasty as the real stuff. Perhaps you can order it online but then shipping to Africa can be expensive I am sure. It's at most major health food stores...but again, I don't know the source availability for you. Plain yogurt though is delicious too!! Way to go on your first day. I also had a fruit a little past 2 and I don't think that is a big deal. I know one gal who had it at night with her yogurt and continue to lose....good luck on the first week!
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Hi!
    I got this somewhere on the web, can't remember where. But it is very accurate. I read the book and can tell you if you have this for the first 17 days you are good to go!!

17 Day Diet – 1st Cycle
    Foods I can eat:
    Lean proteins: Fish (salmon, sole, flounder, catfish, tilapia, canned light tuna in water), chicken breast, turkey breast, ground turkey, eggs (2 eggs = 1 serving or 4 egg whites = 1 serving)
    Cleansing Vegetables: artichoke, artichoke hearts, asparagus, bell peppers (any color) broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, green beans, green leafy vegetables, kale, leeks, lettuce (all varieties), mushrooms, okra, onions, parsley, scallions, spinach, tomatoes, watercress
    Low Sugar Fruit – 2 servings daily: apples, berries (all types) grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, plums, prickly pear cactus, prunes, red grapes. Don’t eat your fruit servings after 2 pm as the carb’s will turn to fat if not used for energy.
    Probiotic Foods – 2 servings daily: Yogurt (any type; Greek style, sugar-free fruit flavored, plain, and low-fat 6 oz. container = 1 serving), Kefir (1 cup = 1 serving), Low-fat acidophilus milk (1 cup = 1 serving), Yakult (small 50 calorie bottle), Breakstone LiveActive cottage cheese ( ½ cup = 1 serving), Reduced salt miso dissolved in low-fat, low-sodium broth (1 Tbs. = 1 serving), Tempeh, Sauerkraut, Kimchi
    Friendly Fats – 1 to 2 Tbs. daily: Olive oil, Flaxseed oil
    Condiments: salsa, low-carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low-carb ketchup, fat-free sour cream, low-fat low-sodium broth, Truvia, sugar-free jams and jellies, vegetable cooking spray, fat-free cheeses (Parmesan), fat-free salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs and spices.
    Coffee and Tea are allowed on this diet, but DON’T count towards your 8 glasses of water. ( I use a tiny bit of Truvia in my coffee, as it’s really sweet)
    Meal Planning:
    Breakfast
    2 eggs or 4 egg whites; or 1 serving probiotic food such as yogurt
    1 fruit serving
    1 cup green tea
    Lunch
    Large serving of protein plus unlimited amounts of cleansing vegetables; or 1 probiotic with your veggies
    1 cup green tea
    Dinner
    Large serving of protein in the form of fish or chicken
    Unlimited amounts of cleansing vegetables
    1 cup green tea
    Snacks
    2nd fruit serving
    2nd probiotic serving
    Additional
    1 serving (1 to 2 Tbs of friendly fat to use on salads, vegetables or cooking)
    Drink when you first wake up: One 8 oz. glass of hot water with juice from ½ lemon.
    Be sure to drink eight 8 oz glasses of water EVERY DAY!!!
    Do two 17 minute work-out sessions (one in the morning, one in the evening)
    Meal Planning
    Breakfast:
    Fruit serving: ________________________________
    Lunch:
    Dinner:
    Protein serving: ______________________________
    Snacks:
    2nd fruit serving: _____________________________
    2nd probiotic serving: _________________________
    Other:
    Friendly fat serving: __________________________

Great post with all the info!! Thank you!