Options
    Round 1:
    C1D1: No weigh in
    C1D2: 178.2
    C1D3: No weigh in
    C1D4: No weigh in
    C1D5 174.4
    C1D6 No weigh in

Sometimes I prefer not to weigh in everyday....it just works better for me.

Happy day everyone!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    so far so good !
    Weighing in next Sunday. Can't wait to see how much I lost.

What is everyone doing for their 17 min exercise? I am thinking a 20 min zumba session !
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just got up, took my measurements and weighed, ready to go! I went shopping yesterday for everything I need....this really does seem doable. I've been doing some reading online and have found many good reviews on this program, some indicating that this is more than a diet but more the way we should be eating anyway. As for exercise, it's really hot here so I think I'll start with swimming but will probably move more towards walking or biking. Probably mix it up a bit.

Well, off to start my day with hot water and lemon, I'll let you know how that goes Slim! And yes, I think it would be helpful to start a group for this since it can go a while.

Good luck everyone!

Adrienne
  • tinacristina
    tinacristina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    walking works for me. I'm back in a flash so no thinking much into it.

What are you eating today?

I'm going to bake a whole chicken .....can't beat the price either. .89 at the grocery store a pound!!
    So delicious taken off the bone into a bed of mix salad and veggies with yummy FF dressing!! Load it up!!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am not following it to a T so modifying it a bit. :wink:

Today's menu:

Coffee with creamer. I know bad but I am not giving it up. :tongue:
    Breaksfast: 2 eggs with 2oz ham, spinach and swiss cheese
    Lunch: Protein shake with fat free milk
    Snack: strawberries and grapes
    Dinner: 6 oz chicken with homemade minestrone soup (carrots, zucchuni, green beans, tomatoes, white beans)
    Snack: fat free blueberry yogurt

Weigh in this morning: 142 lbs. I woke up with my monthly visitor so I am up this morning as to yesterdays 140 lbs. So I am thinking its water weight.
  • melissan84
    Options
    Oh and for my exercise I am doing T25, so 25 min of exercise instead of 17.
  • vonns36
    vonns36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Okay day 1 didn't go too bad.. i forgot the lemon and hot water and i was starving around 3pm so I have to remember to bring in a little more to work to eat so it doesn't happen again...ohh I done more than 17 mins exercise as I walk to work and back so looking at around 1 hour...bring on day 2 that's all I can say :)
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I didn't seem to be very organised I must say. Missed the water and lemon this morning, but did have a green tea and some fruit this morning.
    For lunch had tinned salmon and lots of veg.
    For dinner had Cajun chicken breast and lots of veg, and had basmati rice by accident. Only had about 25g.
    Had 10 glasses of water.
    Had fat free bio yoghurt and sugar/ fat free blackcurrant jelly (yummy)!

I've been shopping, so have the lemons ready for the hot water first thing in the morning.

I thought that I would find it really difficult not having a snack or two today, but I wasn't tempted.

Exercise was an hour of Bokwa this evening, which really burns calories, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have faith that I can keep this up for another 16 days, YIKES! The tester will be at the weekend when I'm not so active, and tend to get bored, so I will have to remain active and busy to divert my attention from alcohol and sweets and chocolates.

Anyway I've got my camomile tea here that I'm sipping before going to bed. I'm glad it's the end of day 1.

See you all tomorrow. zzzzz :-)
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say, my weight was 210 pounds today, starting weight! Got to get down 2 dress sizes by my nieces wedding in 5 weeks!

Thanks for all the food tips and advice, that was really helpful!
  • jenbk2
    Options
    Are you getting to 1200 calories? I still have 166 more to go and can't think of anything to eat.... ugh. I ate a ton today too !
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Are you getting to 1200 calories? I still have 166 more to go and can't think of anything to eat.... ugh. I ate a ton today too !

I was just thinking the same thing! I'm not hungry at all and am sitting at about 1000 calories. I don't think I'm going to worry about it for a while and see how it works out.

By the way for exercise I've been jazzercising 2-3 times a week which is an hour each but on the off days I'm going to try and ride my stationary bike in the house. I'm in Dallas and it's 105 degrees here today - for real. Ugh.

@Slimbettie - I think a 17 day group would be fantastic. I'm in and again, I'm so glad you started this up. Your timing was perfect.

For my update - I went shopping on Saturday and my son didn't want to wait to start so we actually started yesterday. This morning I had lost a pound and he had lost 4! He has had a weight issue since 2nd grade. He's 19, 5'7, and weighed in at 340 pounds. He was thrilled and motivated by the 4 pounds let me tell you. We both gagged on our lemon water yesterday too but this morning it was better.

Here is what we ate yesterday and today:
    Sunday:
    Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs with 1/2 grapefruit
    Snack - Chobani Greek Yogurt - coconut flavor
    Lunch - chicken breasts marinated in fat free italian dressing and baked with parmesean cheese sprinkled on top.
    Snack - apple
    Dinner - Chicken Chili made by cooking 1 lb chicken breasts and shredding, and adding 1/2 cup diced red onion, 1 can rotel tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 chicken bouillon cubes, 1 cup water, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp. chili powder, and a little salt & pepper. I found this on the internet and she had added 1 packet knor veggie soup mix. Since I had a packet and the carbs were not too bad I threw that in too and it was fabulous. We topped it with some fat free cheddar.
    Snack: Chobani vanilla fat free yogurt with 1 tbsp cocoa powder (the non sweetened baking kind) and 1 packet of Truvia. This was a pretty nice little chocolate fix.

Monday:
    Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit w/truvia sprinkled on top
    Lunch: 2 cups mixed salad greens with tomato topped with a drained can of tuna in water and 2 tbsp. fat free ranch dressing.
    Apple
    Snack: Yoplait Greek Fat Free Peach yogurt
    Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken from Kroger - about 4 oz, and a cup of green beans.
    Snack: I had another vanilla yogurt mixed with the cocoa powder - I thought it was that good yes :)

Tuesday Plans:
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
    Snack: strawberries or red grapes
    Lunch: Probably a salad with left over rotisserie chicken and fat free italian dressing and a pineapple flavor yogurt.
    Snack: Orange
    Dinner: Cajun Catfish (a little olive oil with mixed seasonings rubbed on and baked) I found the recipe on The Doctor's site for 17 Day Diet. If you google 17 day diet the doctors recipes and select the result that pops up for C1 you will see it and a ton of other wonderful ideas there.
    Snack: Probably a second yogurt. I'm out of the vanilla now so no more chocolate for a while

I weighed and took measurements but need one of my teenagers to slow down long enough to take a picture for me.

Weigh In:
    C1D1 - 191.4
    C1D2 - 190.2
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ok, first day is done. I was well below 1200 calories today. After lunch I felt so stuffed I just couldn't eat much more, had to force some chicken for dinner. I think it was an affect from the green tea. My last cup of tea this evening went down much better....I think I was steeping for too long. Did it quicker the last time and found it a much better taste and easier on the stomach. I'm feeling much better now. Made the chocolate yogurt desert tonight...yummy! I think tomorrow will go better.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Helloooo all you beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

I don't have much time for a long chat, but just wanted to say hello and wish you all a great day. I am on Day2 and it is EASY! I had the lemon juice water with cold water today. Went down a dream....hope it will have the same effect as the hot water, cause I just wasn't up for the yuk feeling I had yesterday morning.

I am feeling a burst of energy this morning. Thought I'd be a bit sluggish, but not.

I had a quick read through the conversation. My calorie intake is in fact 1300. My goal is 1400. So I am good on that. I would guess for you who don't reach 1200 at least, I would be worried that you body might go into starvation mode. So have some more proteins...I know it's difficult if you are so stuffed. Ask me, I was so full at lunch yesterday.

Anyone who wants to take charge and create a group for us please feel free.

Great day to all of you.
    Cheers xx
  • melissan84
    Options
    I had 1230ish calories yesterday but I was not hungry with all those veggies and stuff. Its hard to eat more when veggies barely have calories, lmao. I tried byt eating more protein. ;)
  • jenbk2
    Options
    I will try to get a group set up on my break.
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Okay day 1 didn't go too bad.. i forgot the lemon and hot water and i was starving around 3pm so I have to remember to bring in a little more to work to eat so it doesn't happen again...ohh I done more than 17 mins exercise as I walk to work and back so looking at around 1 hour...bring on day 2 that's all I can say :)

Yea...bring food to work is good..

If you can avoid being starving I think it helps stick to the plan even better too.
  • tinacristina
    Options

I was just thinking the same thing! I'm not hungry at all and am sitting at about 1000 calories. I don't think I'm going to worry about it for a while and see how it works out.

By the way for exercise I've been jazzercising 2-3 times a week which is an hour each but on the off days I'm going to try and ride my stationary bike in the house. I'm in Dallas and it's 105 degrees here today - for real. Ugh.

@Slimbettie - I think a 17 day group would be fantastic. I'm in and again, I'm so glad you started this up. Your timing was perfect.

For my update - I went shopping on Saturday and my son didn't want to wait to start so we actually started yesterday. This morning I had lost a pound and he had lost 4! He has had a weight issue since 2nd grade. He's 19, 5'7, and weighed in at 340 pounds. He was thrilled and motivated by the 4 pounds let me tell you. We both gagged on our lemon water yesterday too but this morning it was better.

Here is what we ate yesterday and today:
    Sunday:
    Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs with 1/2 grapefruit
    Snack - Chobani Greek Yogurt - coconut flavor
    Lunch - chicken breasts marinated in fat free italian dressing and baked with parmesean cheese sprinkled on top.
    Snack - apple
    Dinner - Chicken Chili made by cooking 1 lb chicken breasts and shredding, and adding 1/2 cup diced red onion, 1 can rotel tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 chicken bouillon cubes, 1 cup water, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp. chili powder, and a little salt & pepper. I found this on the internet and she had added 1 packet knor veggie soup mix. Since I had a packet and the carbs were not too bad I threw that in too and it was fabulous. We topped it with some fat free cheddar.
    Snack: Chobani vanilla fat free yogurt with 1 tbsp cocoa powder (the non sweetened baking kind) and 1 packet of Truvia. This was a pretty nice little chocolate fix.

Monday:
    Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit w/truvia sprinkled on top
    Lunch: 2 cups mixed salad greens with tomato topped with a drained can of tuna in water and 2 tbsp. fat free ranch dressing.
    Apple
    Snack: Yoplait Greek Fat Free Peach yogurt
    Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken from Kroger - about 4 oz, and a cup of green beans.
    Snack: I had another vanilla yogurt mixed with the cocoa powder - I thought it was that good yes :)

Tuesday Plans:
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
    Snack: strawberries or red grapes
    Lunch: Probably a salad with left over rotisserie chicken and fat free italian dressing and a pineapple flavor yogurt.
    Snack: Orange
    Dinner: Cajun Catfish (a little olive oil with mixed seasonings rubbed on and baked) I found the recipe on The Doctor's site for 17 Day Diet. If you google 17 day diet the doctors recipes and select the result that pops up for C1 you will see it and a ton of other wonderful ideas there.
    Snack: Probably a second yogurt. I'm out of the vanilla now so no more chocolate for a while

I weighed and took measurements but need one of my teenagers to slow down long enough to take a picture for me.

Weigh In:
    C1D1 - 191.4
    C1D2 - 190.2

Nice drop!
  • tinacristina
    Options
    Round 1:
    C1D1: No weigh in
    C1D2: 178.2
    C1D3: No weigh in
    C1D4: No weigh in
    C1D5 174.4
    C1D6 No weigh in
    C1D7 No weigh in..

Wow, already 7 days are gone by. It went fast and I like that I can eat on this diet too. But I do feel it's key to eat as often as I can when I can and not to get to hungry so I feel good.
  • caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I am beginning 17 DD tommorow and am so happy to find some others that are doing it! I am pretty excited I think it looks like a very healthy plan. Was wondering if anyone knew if Avocado was allowed in cycle 1? I don't see any mention of it being allowed or not allowed.
    So for tommorow what I have planned is:

Breakfast: Smoothie using kefir, greek yogurt, strawberry, peach, spinach. I will try it first and if it needs some more sweet will add a packet of truvia.

Lunch: Chicken salad (made with tzatziki, onion, celery, red pepper) wrapped in lettuce, an orange, carrots and ranch dip made with greek yogurt and some ranch dressing seasoning

Dinner: Balsamic marinated chicken breast, bruschetta tomato mix (tomato,onion, basil, garlic), grilled asparagus

Does this sound like it stays w/i the scope of cycle 1?