Sports/Smart watch

Options
1235»

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    So, I broke down and upgraded from my Garmin Vivosmart HR+ to the new Garmin FR645 Music... it has most of the features of the 935 + music. I have done a couple of runs downtown with it and the GPS doesn't seem to be as accurate as the Vivosmart... which seems really odd to me. Does it get better over time? Like today, I had a 5 mile run and the 645 showed 5.0, but was most likely closer to 4.90. When I compare the run maps, the route isn't as smooth as the Vivosmart.

In other news, I received my FR645 on Monday this week and the next day went to a vendor tech show and ended up winning the grand prize... Apple Watch 3 GPS. :smile: Since I'm an Android user, this looks like a good opportunity to help me pay for the new Garmin... :smile:

Ha! Good plan. The Apple Watch will get you a nice chunk of change new in box.

As for the GPS, did you wait for a solid lock before starting? The first few times in a new area the watches take a longer than seems reasonable when you are staring at it waiting for it to lock to lock.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent -- Thanks, you bring up a good point. I think it was close to a block that I walked before starting, but I do recall there being some time with the other watch before it was as accurate. I will see how it does this weekend when I'm not running near a bunch of really tall buildings.