Mini Goal Challenge Week of July 31 to Aug 6th

Options

Replies

• bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in today although I really wanted to quit about 1/2 they it. Barely stayed within my calorie allotment yesterday but I squeezed by.

Goals are to workout three days a week and stay within calorie allotment. Starting weight for the month was 288.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,380 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Warriors!

Goals week of 7/30/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 2/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 0/4
    3) 10 min housework 3 days - 0/3 (de-clutter)
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 2/7 (Th, F, Sa, Su, M -- No veggies = 0)

August WW Meeting (every Monday)
    Attendance 0/4
    WW Weight Loss Summary as of 7/30/17
    Total lost 14.4 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.5 lbs

• goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My updated goals week of 7/30/17:

1) Log Daily (3/7)
    2) 3 Circuit Training Workouts (3/3)

Only 4 more days of logging. It will be hard since I'm going to the River on Friday and returning on Monday!! Vacations always derail me. I must be strong. I need to keep telling myself that!!
  • tracymfp8218
    tracymfp8218 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Newbie here! My goals this week: 1) to track & stay within 1400 calls a day every day, even whilst holidaying over the weekend. 2) to walk for 30+ mins every day.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Newbie here! My goals this week: 1) to track & stay within 1400 calls a day every day, even whilst holidaying over the weekend. 2) to walk for 30+ mins every day.

I'm on Holiday this weekend too! We can do this! I plan on taking my video and putting it in my laptop.
  • MiniMatcha
    MiniMatcha Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    1) eat less sugar/sweets (2/7)
    2) 12k steps everyday! (1/7) :)
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 984 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    goalpeace wrote: »
    My updated goals week of 7/30/17:

1) Log Daily (3/7)
    2) 3 Circuit Training Workouts (3/3)

Only 4 more days of logging. It will be hard since I'm going to the River on Friday and returning on Monday!! Vacations always derail me. I must be strong. I need to keep telling myself that!!

@goalpeace I figure the best strategy is a game plan for your weekend and also for your re-entry...right now I go day by day but if there's something unusual I look at the week as a whole. Good luck. The river sounds refreshing and you are knocking your goals out of the water!
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    1) track and stay green!!! (3/5)
    2) do my daily 15 minute headspace meditation in the morning (3/5)
    3) go home for a healthy lunch 3 times this week (2/3)

Yes warriors, happy hump day. I am tracking well this week so far. But now I have been struck down by a cold in summer. It makes me so mad! I still came home for lunch because I wanted to wall and eat something good. But I could have stayed home I tell you!

Good luck everyone. Hang in and even if you're off track for a bit, it's not too late to readjust your course and hit some of your goals for the week.

Molly - you are on fire :-) this weekend is all about decluttering for me. I told my hubby we are booking a whole afternoon of it together.
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ok my two goals were to workout three times and stay within my calorie allotment. Achieving the workout goal I'll probably do but staying within my calorie allotment is going to be quite the challenge because I'm going out of town this weekend. Starting with lunch tomorrow all my meals will be eaten at a restaurant. I'm worried about failing.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Goals week of 7/30/17:
    1) Five blue dot days on WW - 3/5
    2) 6000 step goal - 1/4
    3) 10 min housework 3 days - 0/3 (de-clutter)
    4) Minimum of ONE veggie a day - 2/7 (Th, F, Sa, Su, M -- No veggies = W)

August WW Meeting (every Monday)
    Attendance 0/4
    WW Weight Loss Summary as of 7/30/17
    Total lost 14.4 lbs
    Avg weekly loss 0.5 lbs

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Ok my two goals were to workout three times and stay within my calorie allotment. Achieving the workout goal I'll probably do but staying within my calorie allotment is going to be quite the challenge because I'm going out of town this weekend. Starting with lunch tomorrow all my meals will be eaten at a restaurant. I'm worried about failing.
    Enjoy your trip out of town and pre-plan at restaurants when you can. Stick with lean grilled or broiled meats or fish and those wonderful veggies. Most restaurants have nutrition info on line. You pick restaurant when you can...Enjoy! B)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    1) track and stay green!!! (3/5)
    2) do my daily 15 minute headspace meditation in the morning (3/5)
    3) go home for a healthy lunch 3 times this week (2/3)

Yes warriors, happy hump day. I am tracking well this week so far. But now I have been struck down by a cold in summer. It makes me so mad! I still came home for lunch because I wanted to wall and eat something good. But I could have stayed home I tell you!

Good luck everyone. Hang in and even if you're off track for a bit, it's not too late to readjust your course and hit some of your goals for the week.

Molly - you are on fire :-) this weekend is all about decluttering for me. I told my hubby we are booking a whole afternoon of it together.
    Thanks Julie! Sorry you have a cold! Feel better soon and good job on coming home for lunch anyways.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to get off my butt and take my dogs for a walk 2 times this week.

Walked for 35 min with dogs on Tuesday...one more day to go!
  • mferoli
    mferoli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    mferoli wrote: »
    @mferoli what is a good indicator for you to flag that you are not giving up? We can support you if you report back.

Not sure what you mean torontojulie?

So for me not giving up means I'm tracking what I eat. That's my example. How you measure your success in this endeavour may be entirely different. So I was just wondering about that. How do you know when you're doing well and on track and aren't giving up?

@torontojulie, not giving up is not letting the frustration of not seeing the number on the scale change, despite my increase in activity and calorie reduction, get to me. I am pushing forward with the changes I have made and hoping the scale decides to cooperate. I have given up and gone back to my old, bad habits pretty easily in the past, this time I am working hard to keep moving forward. I lowered my calorie intake a little more this week, that may bump the numbers a little.
  • Wiseinwellness
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @saltine24 Good luck with those dog walks - I love my dog for just this reason, they need you to go with them!

@velocity60 Kids are good for some things after all, eh! Well done on your 15,000 steps. I totally understand the batwing arms in photo revelations (you just can't help wrapping your loving arm around the folks you love!) - I just went bra shopping and I swear they had "fat mirrors" in the changeroom. I refused to buy anything as I looked so horrific. When I came home, it dawned on me it could just be where I'm at right now. Geez, how depressing, yet inspiring! How are your other goals going?

@MiniMatcha Love your goal to reduce sugar - and congrats on knocking 2 days worth. That's the toughest thing for me, as I am so addicted! I understand it takes a whole month to stop craving that white poison that I eat/drink everyday. How are your steps going? Your doing great - just keep at it.

@bonnieevans6060 how is your August challenge shaping up? It's so great that you've identified your problem areas - awareness is half the equation. Congrats on your workout. Weekends are tough - plan plan plan - just like Molly said. And some sort of recovery plan for when you return is also in order. Don't be too hard on yourself cause you're doing great!

@goalpeace How is your logging going before the river trip? Good luck with it!

@Tionne31 You have such ambitious goals - how inspiring! How are you doing with these?

@forestrose910 How are your steps and workouts going this week? It is so nice to see you here.

@IsMollyReallyHungry I just read that de-cluttering article that ladygloria posted the link to. I am totally going to do the 6th step - which is to hang what you wear in your closet facing a different direction. I bet I wear that same 8 things, while staring at the other 20 taking up precious space. The experiment is ON. My colleague told me she got a garbage bin for a weekend and her sons spent the whole weekend filling it. She had to plan - but now she got her garage and basement back as useable spaces again so she is thrilled. Good luck with your strategies for tackling this. It is super satisfying.

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @torontojulie - great job on all of your goals this week!! Keep up the good work!! :smile: Thanks, I still have not had a chance to read info Gloria provide for me. btw - love the coool glasses too! : B)

My Dad has been in and out of hospital so the challenge is real this week but I have been keeping it all together despite the challenges of an aging Dad. All of you have help me stay mindful of me and my sanity and health. <3o:):)

• MiniMatcha
    Options
    Goals:
    1) eat less sugar/sweets (3/7)
    2) 12k steps everyday! (2/7)
  • MiniMatcha
    Options
    @torontojulie thank you for supporting everyone here! :blush:
    and yes I have such a huge sweet tooth! I really need to learn how to control it much better! Luckily I love walking and being active, so my steps are coming along great actually!
    But I can totally relate about eating out in restaurants. It's harder for me to control portions and pick healthier alternatives because when I go out I want to indulge into something worthwhile! The mentality is hard to break...so packing leftovers is a really good idea. But I also choose health conscious restaurants so I won't be tempted when I see the menu and have a variety of healthy options. I wish you the best of luck! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.