August Challenge

Options
WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
Hey everyone!

The August spreadsheet is ready. (I actually thought today was the 31st so it's a little early haha)

If there's anything you forgot to fill in for July, just let me know and I'll add it.

I didn't have a successful July and I know the beginning of August is going to be rough. I leave for vacation this weekend so the plan is to try to maintain that week and then get serious (and determined) again after that.

My tentative goals for August are:
  • Work out 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes
  • Meet my step and calorie burn goals on my FitBit each day
  • Lose 3 pounds this month

What's everyone else's goals for the month?

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting Kayla!
    Um, goal for August is to get pregnant bc I keep falling short on that goal. Scale was up to 190 this morning (up 4# from the day before) so obviously that was bloat and stuff. I'd like to end the month out at .....186. That's what I was yesterday, and with my birthday and a vacation I'd like to just keep it steady. August will not be a losing weight month.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Kirstie155 You're welcome! I hope you enjoy your birthday and vacation! Baby dust sent your way! =)

EDIT:Also, Happy (Early) Birthday!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Goals for this month:
    1. Get pregnant
    2. Run 4-5 days/week to prepare for Labor Day 10k (except for vacation week, but I'll be hiking a lot then)
    3. Max of 2 drinks per week
    4. If I don't get pregnant, lose 4.6 lbs from today's weight which includes some bloat (126.6)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @pezhed Awesome goals! Baby dust sent your way! =)
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    August Goals
    1. Get pregnant
    2. Goal Wt: 249.9 (for the second month in a row)
    3. Walk, walk, walk
    4. Limit candy and sweets, eat fruit instead
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith Awesome goals! Baby dust sent your way! =)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks for looking after things again @WifiresGettingFit! I need all the help I can get lol.

My goals for this month actually include weight loss again! I have my 6 week checkup today. I'm currently assuming I'll be given the go ahead to lose weight.

So my goals are:

1) lose weight. At least 2-3 lbs. I'd love to see the 130s again.

2) get Keith started on a feeding schedule because I just can't keep feeding him for 1 hour every 1.5 hours (So 30 min break which involves a diaper change). He keeps falling asleep at the boob and nothing I do wakes him up sufficiently. Maybe because it's too hot? But ever since I had to stop using the football hold he relaxes way too much. So until I can teach him not to do that I basically don't get a break which means I have no exercise goals this month.

3) be more active in this group again

4) get the romance back into my marriage lol. And try NOT to get pregnant for now.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    SW: 170
    GW: 166
    Work out 3x's a week.
    Get preggers.
    Scrape and paint the trim on the outside of the house.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great goals everyone! Sending happy baby dust to all the ladies who are TTC! I've been absent for a while...I spend most of my free internet time over on sub reddits relating to pregnancy these days.

I'm more than halfway there already, this week being 23 weeks! We had the anatomy scan a few weeks back and all is good with baby, everything is growing on track and no concerns! We are waiting to find out the sex until birth so no updates there :)

Overall I feel amazingly lucky. I had 3-4 weeks back in April/May with sickness and nausea, food aversions, extreme tiredness etc, but since then I've been feeling pretty great! I'm still tired and am eating a little more than normal, but otherwise not too many pregnancy complaints from me!

I'm up about 11 or 12 pounds so far, and my doctor has no concerns. She actually brought up my weight for the first time during the anatomy scan appointment, just to say that I hadn't gained any from the previous appointment but no worries since baby is all good.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @jennamae102 thanks for checking in! So glad it's going so smoothly for you. Can't believe you're already more than halfway there! How exciting!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @VeryKatie You're welcome, glad to help! =) I hope your check up goes well! Love the goals and I hope you get the feeding schedule situated, that sounds rough when you aren't getting breaks!

@Alioth Great goals! Baby dust sent your way!

@jennamae102 So glad to hear from you and to hear that things are going well! I can't believe you're over half way there already, time flies! Don't be a stranger now! =P We miss you! =)

EDIT: I never realize how often I use the exclamation mark until I reread my replies. haha
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Jenna! I've been thinking seeing about you, I'm so glad for your update :) any nursery plans/names/wisdom/ bump pics you want to share with us?
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been gone! I really thought I would try to keep going with MFP to not gain too much weight, but I decided this is a time where its okay to gain weight and I need to let my body do its thing without over analyzing calories. I'm actively eating lots of fruits and veggies every day, but I eat when I'm hungry and if I want a donut I eat it.

No bump pics haha...I'm showing, sorta. I'm a victim of the B belly, so the lower baby bump hasn't completely caught up to my belly fat yet. I think if you know I'm pregnant, I look pregnant. Otherwise, I look like I put on a few pounds in the belly and boobs. I'm hoping the bump will pop soon!

We're about 90% settled on names (not sharing in real life, only to my internet friends haha), Adeline for a girl and Everett for a boy. Still noodling on middle names.

We're turning the guest room thats already painted into the nursery. Its a light grey, and I already have a beautiful multi-color elephant canvas painting on the wall that will be great for a neutral baby room.
  • Alioth
    Options
    @jennamae102 Super exciting stuff there! Names! And sounds like your nursery is really shaping up.

@VeryKatie You're really got your hands full. :) How does it feel shifting goals so much again?
  • VeryKatie
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I actually like the shift in goals. Breastfeeding makes me hungry but Keith makes it hard to snack so sticking to my goals is not too hard. I'm not sure if I'm in a deficit though. Trial and error. I'm eating 2300 cals a day. If I don't lose weight I'll drop it to 2200. I don't want to risk my milk supply so it seems safer to find my target that way.
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new here but would love to join your August challenge. Is there any way I can be added to the spreadsheet?
    The plan was to start trying for baby #2 next month. Hubs was in agreement until this last weekend and he freaked out on me coming up with worst case scenarios about how we won't be able to afford another child. Our son is 2 years 2 months and would be 3 before #2 came. I'm trying not to be discouraged. But, I also want to focus on my health again to and try to lose some weight before we officially start ttc again.
    Could use some good vibes my way.

My goals for August:
    Log my meals more, specifically 5 days/week
    Drink at least 70 oz of water a day
    Get in my fitbit step goal each day

Hope it's ok for me to join. Thanks, Charity
  • Alioth
    Options
    @VeryKatie Sounds like a good plan!
    @tyedyechick0930 Hi, Charity. Welcome! Nice goals.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @tyedyechick0930 Welcome to the group, we're glad to have you! =)

(Sorry for the late response, I've been away on vacation and didn't have regular wifi)
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Checking in after being home from vacation late Sunday night. When I left for vacation I was 188, and 190.0 this morning. I do hope I can get back to 186 by the end of the month. Already down 2 # from when I got home, so hoping this continues as I get back to normal!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Update on my goals.

I'm back into the 130s but my clothes don't fit still... So partial success.

Feeding schedule... nope still feeding on demand.

Romance? We did it a couple times. It hurts. Weird thing. Gave birth vaginally and now I feel super tight! It makes it so uncomdortable. We bought lube so hopefully that will help! Of course I had already tried a sample lube and it does help but I still had to stop mid way since I couldn't handle more. Also we apparently are use the guest bedroom as the sex bedroom lol. Tmi? At least we started cuddling in bed once in a while again.

And this is me trying to be more active in the group. Still working on it. Going to try to reply to something every other day instead of just lurking and reading it all.
This discussion has been closed.