August Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie Some lubes tend to need to be reapplied because they will dry out which of course can cause some serious discomfort especially if you aren't producing any (or less) of your own lubrication. Is your lube water based?
    If the lube isn't enough, maybe getting a toy to help stretch you out a bit beforehand might help as I imagine your foreplay is limited. Sometimes it can also be the angle so you might need to try to adjust a bit maybe using a pillow to prop you up if you're on the bottom or just a completely different position might be needed.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    We did reapply lube, it just tender and right down there. It takes months for the scar tissue to relax apparently. And in order to be intimate we're giving up a sleep session lol so plenty time for foreplay. May as well make it worth it!! Lol i think it'll take time. Apparently the 6 to 8 week recovery is bogus. Read an article about it once.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Awesome goals and progress Katie!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Yeah, I was mostly thinking out loud in my response. I mean you did just push a human out of you so it makes sense that it would still be tender.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It's the middle of August already and I feel like I've made no progress on the goals I set. I have never been so unable to get things going in the right direction as I have been recently.

Hormones got me good the day before AF showed on Monday, I knew she was on her was thanks to that. I often keep a lot of it to myself, but I broke down talking to my hubby, which sucked, but was nice to try and explain the pressures and stresses I feel like I'm constantly fighting. Between work, cow work, house work, weekend projects, so on and so forth I just feel like I don't do a good enough job sometimes. It's all pressure I put on myself and probably is way overblown. TTC has added an extra layer of stress on it seems. After an emotional overflow (err..breakdown perhaps is more like it) like that, I always feel kind of a mental hangover. It takes a few days to shake the funk and get right again.

I've totally removed both TTC and weight loss from my mind the last few days and it feels good, however, I've got the worlds most massive sweet tooth and am up a few pounds. Hopefully I can recover the second half of the month and at least stay about the same again for August. Maybe I'll get my crap together tomorrow and try to enjoy the weekend. I don't think we have any obligations to anyone or anything this weekend, which is rare. It might be a good time to take a drive and decide what our next move is on the TTC front. If we want to stick to actively trying or if we are both okay with taking a step back for a little while and just try to enjoy each other and let happen what happens.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I guess I expected to feel loose not tight lol.

@SheilAnneSmith I'm sorry you're so stressed! I felt like tgatvduring ttc too. At least you broke down at home not at work like me... I hope you feel less stressed soon!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Yeah haha, maybe it's the result of a strong pelvic floor (which isn't a bad thing).
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @VeryKatie Congrats on being back in your 130s! Mmm, postpartum stuff has always seemed scary to me. Thanks for the heads up on rekindling the romance.
    @SheilAnneSmith I know what you mean about the stress and the breakdowns. Your relaxing low-key weekend sounds like a fantastic idea. I hope you enjoy it!

Ok, so in my bedroom, there's this spot on the floor where if I put the scale there to weigh myself, it knocks half a pound off. The first time I weighed myself this morning, I was 166 and all woooo until I shifted it over with my foot....and the next ten minutes I kept pushing the scale all over the floor but could never get it to say 166 again. Maybe tomorrow though. Maybe tomorrow. XD
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    @VeryKatie I'm good at pulling that stunt at work too! Everyone else in the office at least has a door they can close...I don't! It's the pits sometimes.

Our day to take off is pushed back to Sunday now...we have a bunch of dressers, desks, ect we put on up Craigslist as the two colleges start back-up and Marlin's cell phone has been blowing up with students wanting to come out and get them. Hopefully tomorrow will be quieter...thinking of places to go where our cell phones simply won't work to make sure we aren't bombarded!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Alioth I'm cracking up at your story about the scale. I'm envisioning you trying every square inch of your bedroom. You're almost there regardless!
    @SheilAnneSmith were you able to get out of town during the weekend and away from the chaos to decide what to do next?
    @VeryKatie that sounds so frustrating regarding your sex life! I never even thought about that. Great job getting into the 130s again!

Um I've gained .2 lbs this month so far, but that isn't too bad with a vacation and a friend visit in there I suppose.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    We did get a chance to get away on Sunday, it was a nice drive and quiet, found some blackberry patches and chilled near the water for a bit.

We are still going to try this month including temping and OPKs just so I have a couple month of information to understand my cycle better, then we are going to put it all that away for September-Early November and not force the issue. It'll give me time to focus on dropping a few more pounds and get fall work done, then when it starts snowing again it'll be game on! lol

We don't plan to avoid fertile weeks in Sept-Nov intentionally, we are just planning to not plan our sex schedule around ovulation. It we hit it right, we hit it right, if not, oh well as long as we are enjoying each other. I think we'll be a lot more refreshed come fall that way, instead of burned out and tired of the process. It should make a long winter a lot more bearable with renewed energy and excitement for trying.

• Kirstie155
    Options
    Good plan Sheila!

So this month...got away from me. Im back in the 190s and staying away from the scale for at least a few days. With vacation and friends weekend and....well...life? I've been way over indulging but back on track for 2 days! We will see where September starts!
  • Alioth
    Options
    I'm back in town. The ladies' conference at the Jersey Shore wasn't much fun. Nice people, but terrible parking situation and stinky moldy damp room. I spent a good portion of every day driving in circles looking for parking and walking long distances to and from the car while lugging stuff. My mother can't walk very far due to bad knees, so I was driving her places a lot. The place we stayed was NOT handicap accessible. I didn't get much swimming in. Accidentally drained the car's battery on the best swim day and had to find someone to jump it. Had UTI the entire time. SO glad we left a day early. Back up 1.5 lbs. Hoping it was just salty food. At least I know I got plenty of exercise with all that walking, haha.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @alioth that sounds pretty stressful overall, especially with the UTI. I'm sure the 1.5 lb is just water retention and it will fall away!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Lizz, that sounds like a pretty terrible conference experience. Glad you're back home though! Any relief from the uti yet?
  • Alioth
    Options
    @pezhed Yay! It really was water weight.
    @Kirstie155 I think the uti is finally gone! :relieved:

SW: 170
    GW: 166
    CW: 166.2
    Goals: Work out 3x's a week. Get preggers. Scrape and paint the trim on the outside of the house.

Heh. So the only goal I actually accomplished was the weight. Hooray!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Since one of my goals for September is to be more active in the challenge thread I thought it'd be a good idea to come back and see how I did for August.

• Work out 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes (Success)
    • Meet my step and calorie burn goals on my FitBit each day (Success sort of: it wasn't every day but just about)
    • Lose 3 pounds this month (Fail: August did end on the losing trend but I only lost a little over 1/2 a pound)

This discussion has been closed.