cstehansen
cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
Good to see this on a mainstream show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So4okC6ZJPA

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    She's almost 51 and she looks amazing...wonder how long she's been keto???
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Interesting. She's not one of the celebs I'd heard was diabetic... Nice to see someone talking about it, and not instantly being accused of being insane!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    How many folks on daytime network TV would even admit to knowing the word, "ketogenic?"

It's almost like the first time someone said *kitten* on TV (that's you Eric Cartman...)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Articles I've read indicate she's been diagnosed since 19 years of age. Also there was that fiasco earlier in 2000 where she reported said she was cured of T1D and is now T2D. Huh? Can that happen? That was the "fiasco" part.

It is nice to hear her say she abstains from sugar but most articles report her eating lots of vegetables and fruits. Whatever "lots of" means. We all know that some can eat higher grams of carbs and remain in ketotsis because for 1 reason, they exercise. Halle Berry is keen on exercise for both overall body shape and health/diabetes (from everything I've read) but is not a zealot.

Yes. LOL. I follow her a bit in magazines and such. I think she is beautiful. I've never physically followed her around though so don't really know what she eats and how much exercise she does. I'm pretty convinced she eats a generally balanced/healthy diet being reasonably low carb void of mountains of sugary refined stuff. And exercises for health and fitness.

She very well could be eating keto now. She said she is. She provided some basics in that 1 minute clip.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Why is she still in her dressing gown, though? Didn't they have enough time for her to put on a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt?
    I mean, she can hardly cover up... all that thigh.....

Poor thing. She'll catch her death.....
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I thought that, too. Girl! Who dressed you today? Ugh.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I just wished she'd explained it better. :/ But yay for her for saying it!

ETA: googling Halle Berry Diabetes was a bit of a hornets nest!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Too many clothes?
  • baconslave
    edited August 2017
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Too many clothes?

HAHAHA...no. But I'm sure my DH would have made the same response.
    It was just ugly and unflattering and I feel like it washed her out. She looked like a 5-year-old made a dress blindfolded and made her wear it. I'm sure some designer made a lot of money. She needs my 14-year-old daughter to dress her. That kid has a talent.

Though I just had the thought: maybe the hostess stipulated that Halle was not allowed to look better than her, so they dressed her down a fair bit? :smirk:
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited August 2017
    Options

Too many clothes?

It was just ugly and unflattering and I feel like it washed her out. She looked like a 5-year-old made a dress blindfolded and made her wear it. I'm sure some designer made a lot of money. She needs my 14-year-old daughter to dress her. That kid has a talent.

Though I just had the thought: maybe the hostess stipulated that Halle was not allowed to look better than her, so they dressed her down a fair bit? :smirk:

@baconslave - or maybe Halle wearies of being so constantly in the spotlight that she just wanted to be comfortable? Or maybe it was a "shark week" day and she was hiding cycle bloat and didn't want any stupid pregnancy rumors?

But totally could have been the host thing - except Kelly Ripa wasn't even there that day! LOL They had a substitute host!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    she may be going for the currently trendy semi-homeless look...but her hair looks like she's a princess...so it's a bit of a contrast with the outfit
  • baconslave
    edited August 2017
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Too many clothes?

@baconslave - or maybe Halle wearies of being so constantly in the spotlight that she just wanted to be comfortable? Or maybe it was a "shark week" day and she was hiding cycle bloat and didn't want any stupid pregnancy rumors?

But totally could have been the host thing - except Kelly Ripa wasn't even there that day! LOL They had a substitute host!

That don't mean Jenna is any less of a diva. :wink:

ETA: I think that's her name. I don't keep up with these things. :blush:
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

Too many clothes?

HA! At least you had a clue who she was?!?! I turned the sound down some so I could listen at work, never heard the other person's name... LOL We're so old and out of fashion, aren't we, Jess? ;)
  • baconslave
    Options

Too many clothes?

HA! At least you had a clue who she was?!?! I turned the sound down some so I could listen at work, never heard the other person's name... LOL We're so old and out of fashion, aren't we, Jess? ;)

LOL! So. Very. I looked it up so I wouldn't look like an *kitten*. My oldest daughter despairs over me every time I take them somewhere. I wear the mom uniform. (white t-shirt and black danskin lounge pants). She just rolls her eyes.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hehehe -- you guys are funny. She (Halle) annoys me.
  • RalfLott
    Options

Too many clothes?

On a 51-yo diabetic, I didn't find the togs particularly unflattering....

PS The dorky mom look will eventually subside and be replaced with the affectionate "isn't my mom such a cute old lady?" gaze.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    EggToni wrote: »
    Hehehe -- you guys are funny. She (Halle) annoys me.

Is her dress, voice or just being blazing hot in anything that annoys you? :)

She is a beautiful woman, but . . . Her Oscar acceptance speech was one of the most sickening speeches ever. Like she had just won an award for inventing Polio. Typical Hollywood Prima Donna.