Cholesterol intake

Options
sbtripp
sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
How many mg of cholesterol do you try to stay under daily?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a genetic problem with cholesterol (I forget what the name of that condition is), there is very little reason to track it - most of the current studies show that dietary intake has very little effect on serum values.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I have no idea of the cholesterol in my food since I now eat LCHF for the reason @ccrdragon stated. @sbtripp welcome to MFP forums and the best of success.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm another who does not bother tracking cholesterol intake. Or saturated fat intake.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I don't monitor my cholesterol intake. The only macro or micro I have a maximum for is carbohydrates.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I don't monitor my cholesterol intake. The only macro or micro I have a maximum for is carbohydrates.

*This*

I do view the 4000 mg sodium and my protein macro as minimums.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat enough cholesterol your body will just make it.
    I've never thought twice about how much is in my food.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Even when my cholesterol numbers were bad I never tracked my cholesterol intake. Now I'm coming up on my 4th year of being Keto and I just got labwork results back a few weeks ago showing perfect cholesterol numbers/levels for the first time in my life ever. Here's a link to that thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10584374/normal-cholesterol-finally#latest