September 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @clepant, my surgery went well! It wasn't on my heel ( rather on female issues) and YES we got 1.5 inches of rain last Fri & Sat with a chance for more on Friday. It sure made things "start" to green up again! God is faithful!! We get the 2 little grandsons today till Sat & I will be EXHAUSTED by then!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Rode out last night with my girls' group on one of our favorite routes to a nearby Corps of Engineers park. Adding 17.69 miles, which puts me at goal.

exercise.png

I should have picked a higher goal. I'm signed up for my first ever century ride this Saturday.
    :#
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • pdfrazier08
    pdfrazier08 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    9/18 - 2.4
    9/19 - 2.0
    MTD = 28.1

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

SWEET!!! That's GOAL for @LOVEMYALEX, @VHUBER, @GRANDMAJACKIE and @JUST_CECI!!! :star:
    astl5pa5rvnf.jpeg

@VHUBER - Welcome back!! And even more glad to hear you got some real rain!! :flowerforyou:

@SMUDJIEMFP - Hang in there!! You're doing great and there's still lots of month left. I bet your puppy REALLY appreciated the walk! :smiley:

@TAXMOM9093 - And you too! That's really difficult when a person has such a fluid schedule...never being able to count on when you will have your free time. I go through that now and then. But good for you for sticking it out! :drinker:

Dave

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    9/20
    25.10 miles
    527.47 miles MTD
    *** Thanks for the kind words "clepant"... :)
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    1 September 12 km walk
    2 September 21 km walk
    3 September 17 km walk
    4 September 17 km walk
    5 September 23 km walk
    6 September 20 km walk
    7 September 15 km walk
    8 September 15 km walk
    9 September rest day
    10 September 18 km walk
    11 September 17 km walk
    12 September 25 km walk/run
    13 September 20 km walk/run
    14 September 10 km walk /run
    15 September 15 km walk /run
    16 September 5km run
    17 September 12 km fun run
    18 September 15 km run
    19 September 16 km run/walk
    20 September 17 km run/stairmarster
    21 September rest day

310 km in total out of 250 km
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

exercise.png

Sept: 160 m running, purposeful walking

19th: 3 miles - MTD 109.66
    20th: 7.5 miles - MTD 117.16

@kar328 - I'm almost tempted (but not quite) to say if you find a genuine medieval castle near you, I'd come and run with you!
    @vhuber - so pleased to hear from you. Also delighted that your managed to move some, despite your heel. Have you had rain yet??? I see you've had some, excellent.
    @ taxmom9093 - you're so right- the strength in this group is our differences and how we celebrate them with each other.
    @lovemyalex - a new and beautiful grand baby to celebrate, how wonderful.

ETA - I was surprised at 3 miles - pounding the corridors of the airport. It's amazing what can be done when you are desperately bored and have 2 hours until your flight. Then today, I don't think there is an alley in central Sorrento unpounded. We've walked the length and breadth of the town twice.
    Pompeii tomorrow.....
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »

I'm almost tempted (but not quite) to say if you find a genuine medieval castle near you, I'd come and run with you!

I really need to get back to the UK, I've been several times and saw my fair share of castles. Even kissed the Blarney Stone (not that I really needed to :wink: )

2.3 miles. @Dave - I fixed my ticker, the 29.9 is accurate.

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Options
    Thanks For the kinds words "k80flec"... :)
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @taxmom9093: I think it is incredible that everyone here strives to move each day. I am very fortunate to be in a career where I move all day with my kids. It will be interesting to see how much movement I do when I retire.
    Sept. 20: Adding 13 miles of walking and running today.
    TTD: 258 miles

exercise.png

• smudjiemfp
    smudjiemfp Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @darkrider42 - thanks for your kindness :)

Sept 19 - 5.62 km brisk dog walking
    Sept 20 - 5.50 km brisk morning walk

yay i did it again! made all my steps for the day & then some :) two days in a row. go me! lol

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    I really did mean to get on here more than once a week. :( Too much work, not enough walking, but still fighting on. The hard part is I'm usually not over 40 hours but it's a few hours here and a few hours there. Could start as early as 8 AM, end as late as 11PM. I need to force myself to get out during the breaks and MOVE.

Added 7.25 miles for a September total of 31.75 miles. And I had such high hopes for this month.

exercise.png

I admire all of you who run or bike for many miles. My little feet can walk, running only happens if something big and scary is chasing me. >:) And I do have my bike, but my riding is limited to 10 miles on a good day, less this year with my crazy schedule. But that's why I love this group, we all do what we can and everyone's success is celebrated no matter how small. Thanks everyone!

We do what we can, how great or how small. We are here for each other no matter what. Thats what is so great about this group of individuals, everyone has a goal, and everyones goal is an achievement to be celebrated! And all of us encourage each other.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Something special this Saturday. After 2 years (still not completed) and a nightmare of road construction, detours and just horrible riding conditions, the first section of the freeway built in our town will be opened for a party. Walkers, joggers, us cyclists and anyone who just wants to hang out on a brand new freeway. Its so new it will be an interesting Strava track as no maps have been updated yet. Weather or no, I'm gonna rip that 3 mi section for 4 hours the event will last B)B)

08/15 - 23.0 miles cycling (good early start, dressed in 3 layers, Fall is here, calendar or not)
    09/16 - 24.0 miles cycling (a beautiful morning but got smoke filled by rides end. Been in the house ever since)
    09/17 - 23.0 miles cycling (tomorrow rest day, the next day, don't know, some rain has appeared)
    09/18 - 01.0 miles rest day walk (spent the day at my local bike shop getting the trainer tire put on the roadbike)
    09/19 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (the roadbike is off the road til Spring)
    09/20 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (in the pain cave)

Total: 353.0 miles

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    20th Sept
    5.92 miles walked
    Total miles walked to date 112.56
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Options
    9/21
    26.75 miles
    554.22 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    1.8 miles. I was going to go longer, but suddenly heard thunder through my headphones.

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.