Superb in September

Options
BBee5064
BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
edited October 2017 in Social Groups
Goodness September has arrived so quickly.
Let's make this month a super month
Could we think more carefully about our food choices? Could we increase our physical activity?
Could we learn a new hobby? Maybe a new language etc.
Could we make an extra effort this month & keep us informed of our progress in these areas.
Could we think of new discussions we could post.
Lots to think about :)
Have a super September!

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,939 Member
    Options
    August was a very tough month for me but since I'm an optimist, I'm grateful for the fact I lost a couple of pounds!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    That's a positive UncleMac ... well done
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes to all of that BBee5064! At the beginning of July I started working with a Holistic Health Coach (first time ever getting some 'help'). The accountability and coaching is helping me a lot. My food choices are for the most part whole foods - and high on the veggies. I might be running a bit low on the protein but it's working for me. I'm looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow. Definitely have been moving more -- I was in SUCH a funk before starting that I would get home from work and park myself on the couch (and computer) and move only when necessary. Now I'm doing regular walking, yoga and meditation as well as sporadic journaling. Water, water, water -- drinking my water. Alcohol only about one serving a week. In addition, I am regularly taking some high quality supplements. My stress levels have reduced, my skin is more glow-y. I'm taking Omega-3D (fish oil), Magnesium Glycinate, my wonderful one a day for women by New Chapter as well as probiotic supplement and fermented foods such as sauerkraut and kombuch. I kicked the coffee habit -- so I'm making good progress -- now just staying with it and ramping up the exercise are my goals. I still have somewhere around 40 pounds to lose but I do want it to come off slowly and without depriving myself tooooo much. I have learned that pizza, ice cream and the other trigger foods are just as delicious in the kiddy size or one slice... Happy Friday everyone.

• BBee5064
    Options
    Sound like your doing great ScarletBegonias27... so please for you xx
    Keep us posted on your progress xx
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank yo so much BBee - so far so good. Lost a bit. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Today is our first day back to work after being out two weeks due to the Florida hurricane.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    4k6hjz7mazdd.jpg

That's my fire truck.....

Kirk Gump
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Having to deal with elderly father with dementia again. He is getting worse and needs to move to a higher level of care.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    And we never were friends. So the lost time in dealing with him is not something I'm gracious about.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Do what you can for him and do not concern yourself about not being gracious.
    Good luck. It sounds really hard.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    4k6hjz7mazdd.jpg

That's my fire truck.....

Kirk Gump
    Having fun while looking great!

• Farback
    Options
    Here's one for UncleMac. (Not my arm, local tattoo guy's work)
    kveccwcx9pwb.jpg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    That is beyond awesome!! Thank you for posting it up!!
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Looking really good, UncleMac
    The superman duds are becoming! B)
  • Farback
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    I normally don't "selfie" but Farback shouldn't be the only one showing off so here we go...

From today at the gym...

csdvakyonflx.jpg

Jebus! You're a beast!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Looking really good, UncleMac
    The superman duds are becoming! B)

Thank you, ma'am! I also have a Wolverine t-shirt...
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    I normally don't "selfie" but Farback shouldn't be the only one showing off so here we go...

From today at the gym...

csdvakyonflx.jpg

Jebus! You're a beast!

I'm not normally quite that grumpy looking... I was focused on taking the picture...
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

From today at the gym...

csdvakyonflx.jpg

I'm so glad you posted the pic...I was making fun of the Captain America shirt I wear to the gym the other day. It's good to see that I'm not alone. Thanks!