Options
13»

Replies

• RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    EllaLeahB wrote: »
    Yum! I love soup and have been thinking about how to low-carb it. Don’t know what I’m going to do without my beans! I love any kind of soup with a ham shank in it. What you posted above sounds so amazing, I’m definitely going to try that.

Eden Organic Black SOYbeans have become a choice for some of us. The taste and texture is similar to a pinto bean IMO. Locally, only Publix seems to stock them though you might find them in stores in your area. Also available on-line. Check out their Nutrition label on line and see if it fits your woe. Very low carb compared to standard type legumes.

Yep, I read about Eden's org. black soy beans on this forum and have been waiting for cooler weather to make a big pot of chili again. Gotta love chili in the wintertime, heh.
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just made this one...Delicious! Creamy Garlic Chicken soup.

https://ketogasm.com/creamy-garlic-chicken-soup-recipe/

• nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This isn't the lowest carb soup recipe, but it ended up turning out better than anticipated. I combined a few soup recipes together to experiment with how it would turn out...it hits the spot now that it's nearly winter:

10 ounce frozen riced cauliflower
    48oz chicken broth
    32oz chicken stock
    1zucchini - spiralized
    1 bag broccoli slaw
    celery
    frozen green beans (maybe half a bag...I was trying to use up leftovers)
    bag of spinach salad
    1/2 yellow onion
    Rotisserie chicken from Walmart - shredded
    1/2 Tbsp, Spices, garlic powder
    1 tsp Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
    sprinkle of dill and parsley
    sprinkle of salt/pepper/seasoning salt
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Start with sauteing the celery & onion...add in the rest of the veggies with a little broth and seasoning salt, let simmer, and then I just start adding everything in and let it blend/simmer for maybe 20 minutes. It made a big batch and froze super well.