Ways to make avocado less disgusting?

Options
2»

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I personally love avocados but if you don't my mom makes me a dark chocolate mousse for holiday desserts with avo. My son ate some and didn't even know...he spit it out when we told him because he hates avocados. I will see if I can get the recipe when I talk to her this weekend and post it
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I find avocado hides well in eggs. I add to scrambled eggs and also with boiled eggs - mash the egg and avocado together, add a little mayo, salt & pepper.
  • Lalasouli
    Lalasouli Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    avocado carbonara pasta sauce is delicious. Avocado, cream, parmesan cheese, bacon, chicken, garlic and a bit of onion. I don't add the pasta. It's a popular dish in my home and so easy to make. You can improvise with ingredients but it's pretty basic

That sounds amazing!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    How much fat are you trying to get each day?

It varies depending on hunger but anywhere from 100-120 grams

Doesn't sound like you need more fat then. Maybe more protein would help with satiety. I focus it instead, especially with fat loss as a goal.
    umiz2ph3n1zt.jpg

cgr1lrzb108g.jpg
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Since you are wanting to incorporate more avocados in your daily eating while making them more palatable perhaps one of the recipes in this link will be helpful. Just adapt it to be lower carb if necessary.

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g2894/things-to-do-with-avocado/
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options

I find avocado hides well in eggs. I add to scrambled eggs and also with boiled eggs - mash the egg and avocado together, add a little mayo, salt & pepper.

Me too, throw in some goat cheese (or cream cheese if you don't like the tang) and some leftover salmon. My favorite omelette :)

OP- the best advice may be to not force yourself to eat foods you dislike. If this WOE or weight-loss goal is your plan for life, spend your energy finding foods that match your goals AND you love to eat! It's hard to fall off the wagon if the wagon is packed with the things you like most
  • Lalasouli
    Options

Doesn't sound like you need more fat then. Maybe more protein would help with satiety. I focus it instead, especially with fat loss as a goal.
    umiz2ph3n1zt.jpg

cgr1lrzb108g.jpg

I'm not sure you understood. I'm good with my macros, losing weight and whatnot. I'm not trying to get more fat in general, just less fat from animal sources. Anyways, thanks for the nifty chart and doctor dude.
  • Lalasouli
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Since you are wanting to incorporate more avocados in your daily eating while making them more palatable perhaps one of the recipes in this link will be helpful. Just adapt it to be lower carb if necessary.

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g2894/things-to-do-with-avocado/

Thank you! Lots of good ideas!
  • Lalasouli
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

Me too, throw in some goat cheese (or cream cheese if you don't like the tang) and some leftover salmon. My favorite omelette :)

OP- the best advice may be to not force yourself to eat foods you dislike. If this WOE or weight-loss goal is your plan for life, spend your energy finding foods that match your goals AND you love to eat! It's hard to fall off the wagon if the wagon is packed with the things you like most

Yess thank you! I think you are totally right! I love this WOE, feels like a cheat meal every meal. I'll try some clever recipes, and if I dislike them I'll stop. Got some good ideas here and also found out about macadamias so I'm pretty happy with that! When I decided to go on a keto diet I just really wanted to lose some weight and feel better so I just kinda jumped in with both feet. I'm still finding out things and doing my research. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

umiz2ph3n1zt.jpg

cgr1lrzb108g.jpg

I'm not sure you understood. I'm good with my macros, losing weight and whatnot. I'm not trying to get more fat in general, just less fat from animal sources. Anyways, thanks for the nifty chart and doctor dude.

I guess I was thinking you were reaching 100-120 and trying to go higher for whatever reason.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As far as avocado goes, do you like it as guacamole? If you just don't like it no matter what, I'm in the camp of just skip it.
    How do you feel about olives?