Comfort food!

Options
EryOaker
EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
Comfort food was my down fall.
I'd make a mushroom chicken pot pie with gravy and pie crust when it rained... my kids are sick with the flu and I'm craving chicken pot pie. So I made a Keto version with cheese bread/crust, and a cream sauce instead of a flour gravy. Where there's will, there's a way!
ur1edyzta8h0.jpg
kh7zrvuxvwdv.jpg

Replies

• Good_Morning_Glory
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    Comfort food was my down fall.
    I'd make a mushroom chicken pot pie with gravy and pie crust when it rained... my kids are sick with the flu and I'm craving chicken pot pie. So I made a Keto version with cheese bread/crust, and a cream sauce instead of a flour gravy. Where there's will, there's a way!
    ur1edyzta8h0.jpg
    kh7zrvuxvwdv.jpg

You're amazing.

• JasonOnceAgain
    JasonOnceAgain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You should come up with a keto friendly dumpling
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Wow! That looks delicious!!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    And what better way to end the meal than with some Keto cheesecake?!?codv0rce13k6.jpg
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Just posted this recipe on another post, but though I should add it here too. This is a cheese dip/mix that is amazing. I stuff chicken with it, cook it and serve as a dip, cook it and add it on top of steak or even baked cauliflower. It is amazing. Just don't eat the entire thing by yourself, it's a calorie bomb!

Cheese dip:
    1 sm container of sour cream
    1 cup shredded cheddar of your choice
    1 cup grated parm
    1 small container of feta
    1 small jar of drained artichoke hearts, chop them up small.

Mix it all up and place into a baking dish. Then bake at 400 for 30-45 mins or until hot, bubbly, and browned. Serve hot with Keto crackers like primal parm crackers. Or make your own crackers, though I prefer primal (buy from Amazon).

When I say "small container" it will be around 6-8 oz each. Either will work. Doesn't have to be exact. That's part of the beauty of this recipe! Also, shredding your own cheese can have its benefits carb-wise. If you don't care about the extra carbs in pre-shredded cheese, you can make it super easy and buy a 16oz bag of Italian cheese mix that has parm and other cheeses in it.
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Here is the cheese dip nutritional info. Technically there are 5 ingredients and I logged it as of each ingredient was 1 cup each. You could hence divide it into five one cup servings, for about 3 carbs each. zsn3riyk2lp2.png
  • JasonOnceAgain
    JasonOnceAgain Posts: 27 Member
    Options

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

How about Keto chicken and dumplings?

Lol... I’ve come accustomed to having dumplings when I make home made chicken soup. Usually when it comes to comfort food I cave in for the sake of dumplings.
  • EryOaker
    Options

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

How about Keto chicken and dumplings?

Lol... I’ve come accustomed to having dumplings when I make home made chicken soup. Usually when it comes to comfort food I cave in for the sake of dumplings.

I won't let you down, but give me some time to experiment!
  • MariahMichaels
    MariahMichaels Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    And what better way to end the meal than with some Keto cheesecake?!?codv0rce13k6.jpg

@CRZYFTM Can you post the cheese cake recipe?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yummm. I'm getting hungry now. Must walk away...
  • EryOaker
    Options

@CRZYFTM Can you post the cheese cake recipe?

I've tagged you in the post that has it
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Omg that cheesecake can get in my belly! Looks delish! :D
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Your keto food always looks delicious. I wish I lived close enough to drop by.
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Dinner tonight was "chili cheese dogs" in zucchini boats!
    ikt5626y6tb7.jpg
    8ex90lu3lxgx.jpg
    txhi1ihdla5x.jpg
    egmp0scx873p.jpg
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I swear you are just brilliant somedays. I keep all beef hot dogs around as emergency food and most of the time there is plenty of zucchini in our house as well. I have use lettuce for buns, used some almond buns, but this is what I will be doing real soon.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day and it was the ULTIMATE comfort food. Everybody loved it! I used green onion instead of scallions.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/loaded-cauliflower-as-seen-on-facebook-516386
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Did you roast the zucchini first? What a great idea!!