Comfort food!

Options
2»

Replies

• EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Did you roast the zucchini first? What a great idea!!

First off, I love loaded cauliflower! It is so delicious! I make a loaded "potato style" cauliflower salad for summer BBQs and it hits all my tater-salad cravings! In the winter, I make a hot version and serve with roasted pork.

For my hot dogs, I use it raw and at room temp. I find that heating/cooking them just makes them mushy and slimy and leaky. But if you have them at room temp, hull then slightly, and stuff them with hot food they come out perfectly! They work great for meatballs/sauce/cheese, tacos, and I've even make an appetizer by filling small boats with my feta artichoke parm cheese dip.

Also, for tacos, cut a green bell pepper lengthwise and use that as a shell. It's amazing!!!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    I swear you are just brilliant somedays. I keep all beef hot dogs around as emergency food and most of the time there is plenty of zucchini in our house as well. I have use lettuce for buns, used some almond buns, but this is what I will be doing real soon.

Awe! Thanks! I really should start a blog, but I just don't know how!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    You just need better alcohol, @CRZYFTM ;)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    [quote

You should!! I was thinking about asking if you had a food blog when I saw the pretzels!

• EryOaker
    Options
    [quote

You should!! I was thinking about asking if you had a food blog when I saw the pretzels!

lol! Any advice on how to start a blog? I'll start one for you guys!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    You just need better alcohol, @CRZYFTM ;)

Blasphemy! lol
  • EryOaker
    Options
    Keto beef stew and cheese biscuits!
    tw16ncjn4llk.jpg
    0idbxy0afm9n.jpg
    uw9ege5h5u16.jpg
    y9ck5zarrcmv.jpg
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Try Blogger or Blogspot?
    I just like the word blog.
    Blog...
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    And what better way to end the meal than with some Keto cheesecake?!?codv0rce13k6.jpg

@CRZYFTM Can you post the cheese cake recipe?

I've tagged you in the post that has it
    Please! Where is this cheesecake recipe???? I love cheesecake!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    All looks so good....only problem it all contains dairy and I need to be dairy free :'(
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Oh, I had a soy cheesecake recipe that was delicious...not sure it's keto...let me see if I can find it...when I was vegan even the non-veg people in my house would chow down on it, they didn't even notice it wasn't 'real' cheesecake.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Cheese Biscuit Recipe Please!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Found the recipe - it has sugar and would definitely need some alternate sweetener for keto...I know when I made it I used almond flour instead of cookie crumbs for the crust since I'm gluten free...

vegkitchen.com/recipes/caramel-macchiato-cheese-cake/

Also, I'm pretty sure I used a vegan plain greek yogurt instead of the vegan sour cream...fairly sure it was a coconut milk yogurt...and I always used the 'follow your heart' cream cheese because it tasted more like real cream cheese than any of the other brands in my area.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Found the recipe - it has sugar and would definitely need some alternate sweetener for keto...I know when I made it I used almond flour instead of cookie crumbs for the crust since I'm gluten free...

vegkitchen.com/recipes/caramel-macchiato-cheese-cake/

Also, I'm pretty sure I used a vegan plain greek yogurt instead of the vegan sour cream...fairly sure it was a coconut milk yogurt...and I always used the 'follow your heart' cream cheese because it tasted more like real cream cheese than any of the other brands in my area.

Thank you! I have tried the coconut yogurt before and it's honestly not too bad! I have not had a dairy free cheese yet that tastes any good. :smile: