October Accountability & Weigh In

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I figured I'd join in on the fun here! I reached my goal in September, now I am working on reverse dieting into a bulk (my third), work on building more glutes and some shoulders.

Height: 5'7"
    CW: 129lbs
    GW: 135-136lbs
    As long as I gain, I am happy.. but aiming for 1-2lbs per month ideally.
    Sept 29: 129.2
    Oct 6:
    Oct 13:
    Oct 20:
    Oct 27:
  • ashleytea3
    ashleytea3 Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I've been looking for some accountability and I was happy to find this thread. I'm looking to get myself back to a healthy BMI after a year of really bad binge eating and weight gain. So far I'm making slow progress but it's progress none the less. I'm hoping to get to my healthy BMI goal by January 2018.

Height: 5'4"
    Started at: 171lbs (78kg) in August
    CW: 168lbs (76.3kg)
    GW: 135lbs (61.2kg)
    Goal for this month: 154lbs (70kg)

October 1st: 168lbs (76.3kg)
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127lbs
    Ultimate GW: 110lbs

SW (end of Sept): 112.4
    October GW: Ideally, 110. But, I would be happy if I got to 111.

Oct 2: 113.2
    Oct 9:
    Oct 16:
    Oct 23:
    Oct 30:

I am retaining some water from my poor (salty) food choices last night. I was within my calorie goals, so I know I didn’t “really” gain a lb overnight.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I need some accountability. I don't know what to, but I need it. I'm floundering.

Height: 5'11.5
    HW: 212lbs on MFP/220lbs at doctor's office.
    SW October: 142.8lbs w/ fluid retention but my first weigh in isn't technically till Wed 04/10.
    Ultimate goal: 145-150lbs strong.
    October goal: IDK. Not to lose my marbles? I would like to get up to 143 and stay there with as little BF added as possible but I'm in the 20-21%, maybe as low as 19%, range so I could gain a bit and be okay. I trained my typical amount for the first time since June (woo!) but the knock on effect of how weak and tired I feel this week has really knocked my confidence. It's not to do with my actual muscle because that's going up, I'm 38-39% MM, but instead it's a feeling actually in my body. So I'm playing around with food, trying to work in more to make me feel strong. I have no idea what a 'strong' food is but I'll figure it out. Healthy burgers? I don't eat red meat because I don't really like it but I do like well done burgers on occasion so I'mma hit that. I won't even buy steak because I know I can't stomach it. Plus more calories but less food is the name of the game right now.

I can't believe it's this month and next month and then it'll be Christmas accountability! I can't wait for all the good food I'm about to eat. :lol: Mum and I are already talking about the Christmas menu (we share duties) and we are going to get a sausage wreath, butternut squash tartlets, prosecco jelly shots (for fun) and maybe a lemon tart to cut through the chocolate rush everyone is going to have. Does anyone else plan their Christmas dinner in October? :tongue:
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height - 5’10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs

October 1 – 169.4 lbs
    October 3 –
    October 6 –
    October 10 –
    October 13 –
    October 17 –
    October 20 –
    October 24 –
    October 27 –
    October 31 –

October Goal – 165

Hey everyone!
    Sorry I vanished for the last part of September, but I’m back now!

I caught a bit of a cold these last few days, so I’ve been pretty lazy and pouty. I should be on the mend soon though so I’m looking forward to being back home and falling back into my routine.

My husband is going away for a week as of Wednesday, so we’ll see how that goes. He does all the cooking and household stuff, so I’m usually pretty lost without him. He said he’d buy enough groceries for me for the week and that he’d make me a big pot of stew and another of chili so I’d have good things to eat while he’s away. Otherwise, it would probably be a lot of pizza and cereal for supper :blush: .

@rianneonamission – Good luck on the toning! I find I’m better at losing weight then I am at building the body I want. To lose, I just have to log and eat within it. To change my body, I need time to plan strategic workouts and then actually do them. It is something I want to get back into, I just haven’t found the right atmosphere/schedule for me just yet. It’ll come though.

@alcomer and @ellenmarielifts – Good luck with the recovies. Don’t do too much too fast, but is a great feeling when you’re free to be active again!

@Ree13x – Lol, do I hear you on the reasonable goals! I love to just jump in! That seems really well thought out though. Good luck with waking-up, it’s definitely something I fail at a lot!

@FreshBrew92 – Just like I was saying to rianneonamission, changing your body is so much harder than losing weight I find. Good luck with it. I think I’ll be working on the same kind of goals soon too, but I don’t know if that’s something I could actually accomplish, so I’ve been putting it off.

@mrssunshine78 – It’s hard to know what your actual ‘Goal Weight’ is I’ve found. I think it’s a good approach to set reasonalble goals and then see how you look/feel. You can always make more adjustments as time goes on. I’ve totally fallen off BBG. Hopefully I can get back into it in the next week or two.

@glassofroses – Your struggle sounds so frustrating! I can’t remember how long ago your health issues were, but maybe your body really just needs more time to recover, especially since you’re an athlete and ask a lot more of it than the average person does. Maybe taking things a little slower with your training might help?? I really don’t know though. I’ve never been at the level of athleticism you are and I haven’t had to recover from any big issues, so I can’t give you any personal experience. I can send you good vibes at the very least though!!

And to everyone else, welcome to the forum! I hope to hear about your stories as the month goes on! :heart:

• glassofroses
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @KelseyRL It's not been that long. I had surgery June 25th and I was out for 6 weeks, trained a couple of times over the course of two weeks (August 6th? - 20th?), had two weeks off (I had a secondary injury with torn scar tissue) and was back for the last three weeks 'properly' in September. Didn't make it up to 7 hours until last week. So in practice it's only been 3+ months since my surgery and so a lot of my problems could resolve in the few. It just doesn't help me right now with my decreased functionality/low weight. I also struggle with the fact I don't have a huge appetite. I never have, even at my biggest. I would just eat through it as I do now. So yeah, the prospect of cramming food into my mouth doesn't appeal to me at all. I had to sad eat pasta today because while I love pasta I didn't want it but I knew I needed it. Future reference: turkey spaghetti bolognese should be eaten with a white bread spoon. Don't even get me started on my digestive issues - can't eat dairy, can't eat broccoli/apples/fermenting foods, can't eat large amounts of sugar or caffeine, can't eat tons of meat, shouldn't really eat bread or white foods - peas and turkey is as good as it gets. :lol:

A lot of it comes down to expectation, re: my training regime. Not from myself, I'm just trying to live my best life, but others on me. Today, I had it with my trainer pulling me up for something that both me AND my partner were doing (a hop rather than a step). A hop is easier, but it also shows your hand as it were. So he made me go back and do it with a step. Fine. I'm not doing it right, let's do it right. But he didn't call my partner, who has been training twice as long as I have, for doing it. So I feel like I need the extra sessions to work on my basics because no matter what I do, I'm going to get pulled on something. 'If you kick at 90 you take it down at 95' and other great wisdoms I tell ya. I know it's because my trainer wants the best out of me, both of them do, but at least make it fair.

And I'm all kinds of embarrassed that you called me an athlete. I have never used that word to refer to myself. I'm more like a bendy genetic accident who has no sense of self preservation. :tongue:

165 is a good weight. I remember how good I felt at 160-165. I wasn't keen on my stomach but I never am, but in general, I felt good. Plus that was probably the last time I could fit into a 34 band bra. I also wore a lot of rollnecks. It was Christmas time 2015 and I had maybe 4 or 5 that I rotated. I loved them. I actually still have some of them even though they're a UK14/US10 and I'm an UK8/US4. They're elastane so while they're big, they're still better looking than some of those fisherman's knits that make everyone a rectangle. UK ladies if you have any recs for jumpers/cardigans that actually accentuate the female body and button up I would much appreciate that.

I'm also really sorry I didn't welcome the new ladies. I'm sorry. I'm incredibly self involved when I'm complaining. If you need anything just let us know and we'll be there. We're your people now. This is a good space and you'll do really well here. :heart:
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Weigh in isn't until tomorrow, but today I dropped below 75kg for the first time in years! My scales are set to stones and pounds (because of my partner, he has no concept of kgs), but I log my progress on my MFP profile in kg, and so it feels like a little milestone! Weigh in isn't until tomorrow, but this little victory did put a spring in my step this morning.

@glassofroses, you are very hard on yourself, be kind. It's not been long since your surgery, and you do have enough stress in your life as it is. And with regards to your PT, a clear "ok, does that advice go for my partner too, or is it fine for him to hop?" should do the trick.
    Christmas isn't even on my radar yet, no idea what we are doing. I am looking to the food though, always. Accountability during that should be fun... :#

You seem to be consistently under 170lbs now @KelseyRL! Nice! And given that you have 4 more weigh ins your October target is very achievable.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Wow, that's an amazing milestone @rianneonamission ! Celebration bath tonight? It's funny I log my weight in lbs into MFP but weigh myself in stones. On my scale, if you press at button at the back it will change whatever your weigh is from lbs to kg to stones with every press.

A lot of the time I stand there too stupefied to say anything, like, are you serious? As he walks away. It's one of those things as well where he always picks on me and my normal training partner. We're the two most experienced ladies who are currently training, we have two brown 2 belts (the belt before black) but one just had her appendix out like me and the other is her normal partner and isn't looking to babysit newbies, which is what can happen if you don't have a regular partner. So we're not stupid, we get the work done, but we also laugh. I hit myself in the face with my own gloves pretty regularly because I stop thinking about them and draw them back too fast. And it's funny. So we laugh. And I don't know if that makes him think we're not working but we are. I think if he could separate us he would but I'm too light to train with most of the guys now. Not as aggressively as they want to go. I mean I don't mind it, but it's more likely to do me an injury than when I weighed more. He's also always picking at how slow my legs can be in kicking up and back down. It's nothing actually to do with my legs, it's my chest. If I can't breathe I can't exert myself and at a certain point I can't go any faster or for as many reps as he wants me to at said speed. TBH, I think he's just eternally frustrated by me. On paper I'm a model student, I have great flexibility, I have a really long range, and I'm fast when I need to be but I also have zero confidence and give up way too easily. It's just I've never had a fighter's frame of mind so I don't look at things the same way he does.

As you can see I have a very deep and complex relationship with my trainer. :lol: We get on for the most part, even when he's kicking me, but I guess I'm just never going to be what he wants me to be.

I'm so excited for these veggie wellingtons we're going to get. CHRISTMAS GET IN MY BELLY. Like I was saying before, I don't have a big appetite so I generally don't do too badly over Christmas. Unless there's cookies. Cookie slore here. I think as a teenager I was the only person who came back from holidays weighing less. :tongue: Fun story I have only ever finished my Christmas dinner once. I was 22, it's that etched into my brain I know exactly when it was, and I said I'M GOING TO EAT THIS WHOLE CHRISTMAS DINNER. It was a plate full. Not even an over filled plate really. It took me something like 40 minutes and I couldn't move I was so sure I was going to be sick. I have never been so full in my life so don't do that. Eat what you want not what you think you need. Or deserve. There is no deserve. Only mmm that's nice.
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello everyone - I'm back again! So I ended up having a VERY stagnant September due to some financial stress (hello comfort eating) butting right up against my anniversary (hello celebration eating). I think it is also time that i recognize that, because I have so little left to lose, I will not be able to watch the pounds fall off the way I did when I started this journey 6 months ago. Slow and steady wins the race right? Because I did not meet my September goal of 124lbs, and because I think my loss is natural slowing down I will modify this month's goal to a modest 122lbs. I think I can try and manage 3lbs loss in ~5 weeks.

Welcome back to everyone returning from last month as well as previous months, and of course welcome to all of our newcomers! - it is great to see so many new faces ready to motivate each other!

Height 5'7"
    HW 151lbs
    GW 122lbs-124lbs
    October GW: 122lbs

June Start: 144lbs
    July Start: 137lbs
    August Stat: 131lbs
    September Start: 127lbs

9/30: 125lbs
    10/7:
    10/14:
    10/21:
    10/28:
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Very pleased with this morning's weigh in: 2.2lbs down! Today will be a rest day, then back to the gym tomorrow.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW October: 166lbs (last September weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    October goal: 162lbs
    Body fat goal for October: 25.8%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    6th Sep: 168.4lbs - Body fat 27%
    13th Sep: 166.6lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    20th Sep: 166.6lbs – Body fat 26.8%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    4th Oct: 163.8lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    11th Oct:
    18th Oct:
    25th Oct:

@glassofroses My scale has to be set, you cannot change it randomly, which is annoying. I didn't celebrate last night, just sorted out my partner who had to fix broken networks at work until 11pm. Got a party on Sunday anyway, so will save myself for then :smile:

@RMC1995 2lbs down is not stagnant, you've done well!
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Height: 5'11.5
    HW: 212lbs on MFP/220lbs at doctor's office
    SW October: 142.8lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145-150lbs strong.
    October goal: 143 solid.

4th October: 143lbs.

I've been naturally over eating by one to two hundred calories a day for a week or so and I'm happy with my results. I'm basically bouncing between 141-143 but there is actually little to no change in my body. My stomach over my abs feels puffy but I've not being having good enough sleep to get rid of my water retention so I'm not overly worried about it. Aim of the game is strength. I'm happy to go up to 153 if it means I feel strong again. Definitely taking on board what people are saying and I'm dropping a training day (2 hours) for a couple of weeks to take the stress off my body. When stuff happens in life I like to train but really what I need is probably some [more] bread and a nap.

@RMC1995 A loss of any kind is a good loss. Plus you're really close to goal now so it's going to be rougher so adjusting to 3lbs seems like a good plan. Set yourself up for success, not failure! :heart:

@rianneonamission Woo! 2.2lbs is mega. Well done. And bless your partner. Sucks when your job takes over your night like that. What kind of scale do you have then if it can't switch? I don't think mine is particularly advanced as it was £20 so I wonder if it's just a difference in brands. I won't buy an expensive scale as there is no true flat surface in my house and it would be a waste.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just found this group and I'm super excited about it!
    I weigh myself at weird times, mainly when I feel like it but generally every 3-6 days
    Fingers Crossed for this month!

Height: 5'5"
    HW: 138 LBS

Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    CW: 125.8 (as of this morning!)
    October goal: 120 LBS

SEPT 14: 129.5 LBS
    SEPT 18: 128.8 LBS
    SEPT 22: 127.4 LBS
    SEPT 26: 127.0 LBS
    SEPT 29: 128.2 LBS
    OCT 2: 126.8 LBS
    OCT 4: 125.8 LBS
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @glassofroses thank you! Im happy to hear you're going to take it easy for a while, it feels like you've been sick and injured a decent amount lately and i worry for you<3 !
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So this is my second day of being home sick from work. I think I'll be back at it tomorrow. I feel a lot better already, but I was feeling really tired and run down this morning, so I figured a day in bed to rest was probably good. And as much as being sick sucks, having 2 days with nothing to do has been a good mental reset.

I haven't had my head in the weight loss game for the past couple weeks. The last week of September I was away and let myself do what I wanted in terms of food and drink. I'm fine with that, I knew in advance that was what I was going to do. But some interesting things came of it. Just because I was letting myself eat what I want didn't mean I mentally checked out. I watched what I ate and thought about why I decided to eat it and what I felt as I ate it and after I ate it. It was an interesting experiment and it reaffirmed some things I had forgotten about my eating habits.

The other thing that really struck me though, was how long it took me upon getting back home to start really tracking again. I had thought I would take a week to indulge, then come home and jump right back on the horse. But I'd forgotten how long it had taken me to get into the mind space I was in September. September was my most successful weight-loss month and I guess I just thought that since September went so well, that I just had this figured out, no big deal to indulge for a week, I know how to get this done. I had forgotten that my highest weight was in April, and it took my from April to September to really be able to lose a pound a week consistently.

Anyway, all that said, I think I'm going to change my October Goal. I know I'm retaining water from being sick and this month I have Thanksgiving, my husband's birthday, and mom's birthday, on top of resetting myself and getting back in the right mindset. I'm going to change it from 165 to 166.4. I know that sounds like a weird number, but that's exactly 20 pounds lost since my highest recorded weight. Hopefully that's a little more realistic for me and I hope that after this, I can get my head back in the game.

Thanksgiving's this weekend though, so we'll see what happens there....

Thanks for listening everyone! Have a great week!
  • itseclair
    itseclair Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Height: 162.5 cm

Hw: 152 lbs August 10th
    Cw: 145 lb
    Ugw: 110 lbs
    October goal: 140- 142 lbs

Oct 5: 145 lbs
    Oct 12:
    Oct 19:
    Oct 26:

Not quite happy as I've been weighing at 145 pounds for the past 3 weeks, however I'm glad that I haven't gained instead :)
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @Go_Deskercise A lot of people do multiple weigh ins so it's whatever works for you! I weigh in daily to see my trends but only consider my Wednesday morning my 'weight'.

@RMC1995 Thanks hon. You tend to get into a routine and that's great and all but if you're sitting there thinking wow I'm really tired most of the time then something isn't working. I blamed a lot of it on not enough sleep and that's true enough but there's tired and there's tired. And no one ever wants to admit that they're that kind of tired especially if they love what they do like I do. But health comes first, over training, over gaining a bit of body fat, whatever.

@KelseyRL There are going to be times when it's harder to log than others. I pretty much stopped in the week before my mum's birthday and haven't really got back on it since. I mean I keep and eye on things roughly but I haven't really said to myself 'okay stop now' at all in 5 weeks. Doesn't mean that you can never get back on it. You're just a human being living your life. You're committed to being the best version of yourself and part of that is understanding there are times where you aren't going to be perfect and that's okay. It's also not okay to give up. So don't. Do what you plan to do, hit that overall 20lb loss goal and be the best you ever. No one can fault you for anything else. :heart:

@tiinytorii Are you weighing in the day after a workout? Started a new exercise regime? Could be any number of reasons why you're still 145, all of which normal. It's great that you're chill about it. Things will get moving, it's just a matter of staying the course. I'm proud of you for your positivity. There's never enough of that in the world. :star:
  • Nic123fitness
    Nic123fitness Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm keen to loose around 4lbs and gain some more muscle following an injury. I'm not getting anywhere though! It's a bit too much sugar, and sitting down, but I think a weigh in might help me. Good luck all x

HW134
    CW109
    GW105

I'm 5ft 3
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    September was such a disaster, I only lost 1/2 a lb. So, I changed up my exercise routine and started working with a personal trainer to have her set up some 30 min or less workouts for me. I have 4 so far. I will rotate those. I have been running much less and when I do I run fast (HIIT).
    HW 171
    GW 140
    Oct GW 152
    Oct 2 157.5
    Oct 9
    Oct 16
    Oct 23
    Oct 30
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    September was such a disaster, I only lost 1/2 a lb.

A loss is not a disaster. Putting everything back on would be. You're doing just fine!

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    CW: 129lbs
    GW: 135-136lbs

Sept 29: 129.2
    Oct 6: 128.4
    Oct 13:
    Oct 20:
    Oct 27:

Of course I am losing weight. Sigh. I up my cals and I become a jumping bean.. I just can't sit still. Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend (I have 3 days straight of hardcore meals) should take care of this.. yessss ;)