October Accountability & Weigh In

Options

Replies

• rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm with @sardelsa on the perfection over progress. Even if Dec is your goal: you didn't gain 2" in two months so why the rush to lose it in that time?

Completely jealous that walking does this for you though @haniame . That is just not fair ;) (though not as bad as @sardelsa losing fat off her waist first)

• haniame
    haniame Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm with @sardelsa on the perfection over progress. Even if Dec is your goal: you didn't gain 2" in two months so why the rush to lose it in that time?

Completely jealous that walking does this for you though @haniame . That is just not fair ;) (though not as bad as @sardelsa losing fat off her waist first)

I wouldn’t rush it if it weren’t for my wedding in December!!!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    @melissa16432 6 lbs is pretty aggressive for the remaining 2.5 weeks of October. You may end up losing that much if you are just now starting your weight loss journey (you lose faster in the beginning due to water weight) but personally I wouldn’t recommend shooting for that as a goal. Usually the recommended amount of loss is 0.5-1.5lb per week, and 2+ lbs/week recommended only for particularly obese people.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height - 5’10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs

October 1 – 169.4 lbs
    October 3 – 170.2 lbs
    October 6 – 169.0 lbs
    October 10 – 171.4 lbs
    October 13 – 167.0 lbs ???
    October 17 –
    October 20 –
    October 24 –
    October 27 –
    October 31 –

October Goal – 165 166.4

Hey ladies,
    So I’m not sure how accurate any of my weigh-ins from this month are at the moment. I was weighing in at 171.something for quite a few days in a row and even when weighing in a few times in the same day. That’s weird for me as I usually fluctuate quite a lot. Then 2 days ago, I step on the scale, got 171.4 and then the scale flashed the low battery signal and died. Today is the first day I could do a proper morning weigh in with the new batteries, and it gave me 167.0.

I think I’ll have to have a number of days of weigh-ins now that it has new batteries to gauge what’s actually happening and where I’m really at, but at the moment I can only report the numbers that it gives me, so 167 it is.

I’m also really looking into starting Strong Curves. The ladies on here who were talking about it inspired me to have another look at the book (I bought it a couple years ago) and I think it’s the right program for what I’m looking for. I work at a college and have free access to the fitness center here, so I want to go down and see if they have all the required equipment. Being able to do it here at work is the most sustainable option for me. Between 2 jobs and the usual life stuff, I don’t think I’ll be successful if I have to commit to going to a specific location to complete a workout program. I need to be able to do it at work or at home.

My 30th birthday is in May and I’ve decided I want to go to Las Vegas for it. There’s also a mud run in Vegas the day before my birthday, so I want to go there, run the run, then party on the strip. And I want to be super hot for hitting up the pool bars and clubs! I have 30 weeks between then and now, so I want to really work on completing both the beginner and then the advanced SC programs as they’re each 12-weeks. I’m pretty booty focused in my goals. It’s the area I carry most of my weight in and it’s the part of the body that I think is sexiest, so I think SC will help me get where I want to be.

I’m afraid I can’t comment on everyone’s posts today, but I’ll come back this weekend and catch-up with everyone then. Good luck everyone!
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs

Oct 6th: 165.6 lbs
    Oct 13th: 162.7 lbs
    Oct 16th:
    Oct 20th:
    Oct 23rd:
    Oct 27th:
    Oct 30th:

October Goal 162

Hi everyone! Thank you for all of the birthday love!!

I've been so busy with school that I haven't been able to log my food each day, but I make sure to step on the scale and check in to keep myself accountable. I have to walk A LOT now all over campus. Going from a really sedentary office life to all this walking I think has really been the explanation for a lot of my loss. That and I'm not overeating as much because there's no time and I don't have any money to spend! Lol. Sleep is sort of secondary aspect of my life now. I miss it so much. More than anything I miss climbing. I went from climbing 4 times a week to now being lucky if I can climb once every other week. I'm happy about my weight loss but I also know I've lost a lot of my strength. One good thing about climbing though, is the lighter you are the better. Strength is definitely a factor. But it is muuuuch harder to carry yourself up an 80 ft wall when your heavier. Today I'm going to go check out the campus climbing gym for the first time and I'm so happy about it even though I know I'm weak lol.

I will be able to read over your posts in more detail this evening. Just wanted to write this brief post while I had some time. I miss checking and interacting with you all on a more regular basis! I'm happy so many of us from months ago are still in it and I'm equally as happy to see all the new people! :)
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb up this morning BUT I did start my period (3 days early) AND I had no huge bloating, breakouts, or binges this month. I think upping my caloric intake AND protein intake has helped!
  • 2tall4thisworld
    Options
    @mrssunshine78 congratulations on your loss!! :)
    @rianneonamission im right there with ya. I try not to feel guilty for taking days off either. We deserve to have those days!! Congrats on your loss and your fitbit too!
    @KelseyRL you are doing SO well with such a busy schedule!! And what a great goal for your bday. I love love love vegas. :)
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127lbs
    Ultimate GW: 110lbs

SW (end of Sept): 112.4
    October GW: Ideally, 110. But, I would be happy if I got to 111.

Oct 2: 113.2
    Oct 9: 112.0
    Oct 16: 112.6
    Oct 23:
    Oct 30:

My weight bounced back up today, although I think it is mainly due to the (too much) alcohol I had last night. I’m so close to my goal at this point that I’m actually starting to lose my motivation - help!
  • FreshBrew92
    FreshBrew92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!

I am ready to gear up for October. I did not meet my September goal of 150. So I am making that my goal for October. I have really struggled the last few weeks of this journey and plan to take some time this weekend to review my meals and exercise. I do not exercise consistently, only when I have a chance. But I am realizing that I have got to make it a priority if I want to have the body that I really want. I am looking to make a real lifestyle change, not just drop a few pounds and gain the weight again later. I am looking forward to the "maintenance" phase.

I am also still looking to connect with others on MFP. So add me as a friend. <3

Height: 5'8.5'
    HW: 169.5lbs July 24
    Current weight: 153lb
    Goal range: 145lb - 148lb
    October goal: 150lbs

Sep 30: 152.5
    Oct 6: 150.00 - This is my overall goal!!!
    Oct 14:148.5
    Oct 21:
    Oct 28:

Today is a good day! I reached my goal weight. But the way my body behaves I may fluctuate a little before it settles. But I am still excited.

I am still within my weight goal, I am 149 today. I have noticed that I tend to hold water weight, even when I have the slightest amount of carbs.
  • Ree13x
    Ree13x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Age 29

HW: 128lbs
    SW (Last September weigh-in): 116 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 110lbs
    September goal: 112lbs

Sept 24: 116.0
    Oct 1: 114.0
    Oct 8: 115.4
    Oct 15:113.8
    Oct 22:
    Oct 29:

My goal is still in sight, but these last few pounds are the absolute worst.
  • 2tall4thisworld
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs
    SW August- 174.2 lbs
    SW September- 168 lbs

Oct 6th: 165.6 lbs
    Oct 13th: 162.7 lbs
    Oct 16th: 161.2 lbs
    Oct 20th:
    Oct 23rd:
    Oct 27th:
    Oct 30th:

October Goal 162

Ive been studying alllll day and allll night! Fortunately, I made a little time for climbing last night, and had an amazing night on Friday climbing (with a total hottie hehe). Every other second of my time has been with my head in the books. Much of my loss is because of diet. I havent been over eating, or eating junky food. It's weird how when I started this journey, I was working out religiously, and I thought that was the only way to achieve true loss. I look at the scale now and I think about how my exercises have dramatically reduced/changed, and I can't believe I'm actually losing still. I am happy though. It feels good to fit into my old clothes, and to be within 6 pounds of my ultimate goal. However I am losing, I will take it! If I can just make time to climb at least 3 times per week, I will be very happy both emotionally and physically.

I can't believe how close I am to the 150s... honestly thinking about it makes me kind of emotional so lately I've been kind of ignoring the thought of it. Its been YEARS since i've been this low. And there were definitely times I thought getting to this point again would be impossible or that I would need to pay a trainer or some app tons of money to get to this point. I am reminded of the break up i went through a couple of years ago when I was in the best shape of my life... it took the worst toll on me physically, mentally, and emotionally. I feel like losing this weight, has been a journey for me to take the power back. Because for so long I felt powerless in my own skin post break up.

@Ree13x congratulations!! you are soooo close to your goal this month!
    @brianneangell08 you got this girl!! YOU are super close. You worked so hard to get to this exact point. Now is the time to push yourself just a little bit more than usual, so you don't let that motivation slip away. you got this!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 138 LBS

Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    CW: 125.8 (as of this morning!)
    October goal: 120 LBS

SEPT 14: 129.5 LBS
    SEPT 18: 128.8 LBS
    SEPT 22: 127.4 LBS
    SEPT 26: 127.0 LBS
    SEPT 29: 128.2 LBS
    OCT 2: 126.8 LBS
    OCT 4: 125.8 LBS
    MINI VACATION BREAK WITH HUBBY AND FRIENDS
    OCT 11: 128.4 :s (Random weight in later in the day was 127.6!!!)
    OCT 12: 127.2 (yay getting better!)
    OCT 14: 126.4
    OCT 16: 125.2
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Height 5'7"
    HW 151lbs
    GW 122lbs-124lbs
    October GW: 122lbs

June Start: 144lbs
    July Start: 137lbs
    August Stat: 131lbs
    September Start: 127lbs

9/30: 125lbs
    10/7: 124 lbs
    10/14: 124 lbs
    10/21:
    10/28:

Congrats to everyone moving forward and maintaining, I wish I could get more specific with my responses today but I am just too crazy busy with school and work. My success for this week was maintaining, logging every food. Looking forward to halloween!
  • haniame
    haniame Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Update

Height: 5’1”
    HW (2013): 142 lb
    Starting weight in July: 110 lb
    CW Oct 11: 106lb
    UGW: 103 lbs by Dec

Oct 11: 106 lbs
    Oct 16: 105 lbs
  • rianneonamission
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's as if everyone who was struggling earlier in the month is now getting moving again! I'll join that trend! One more weigh in for me this month, fingers crossed I hit the BF% goal!

Through our health insurer (via work) we get free basic health checks, so later this morning I will have my blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol and weight measured. Of course the weigh in is clothed so will show higher, despite me having to fast before the appointment (I'm bloody starving :| ). It's all good though: Through being healthy and active and healthy you get points, and those points will offer you discounts in lots of places (gyms, food shopping, free Starbucks coffee, free cinema ticket, money off flights with British Airways, etc). Our plan has just renewed this month and this year I am determined to level up!

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW October: 166lbs (last September weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    October goal: 162lbs
    Body fat goal for October: 25.8%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    6th Sep: 168.4lbs - Body fat 27%
    13th Sep: 166.6lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    20th Sep: 166.6lbs – Body fat 26.8%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    4th Oct: 163.8lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    11th Oct: 164.2lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    18th Oct: 163.4lbs - Body fat 26.1%
    25th Oct:
  • rianneonamission
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Health check done!

The scales said exactly 74kg, he subtracted 0.5kg because of clothes, putting me at 162lbs. Mind you, I'll stick to my accurate scale on a solid floor over his mechanical one which is on (hard) office carpet B)

My good cholesterol is ridiculously good (and gone up still), and my total cholesterol is gradually coming down (I have the results from the previous 2 years as well), meaning that my bad cholesterol has significantly reduced. Given that heart problems and high cholesterol run in my family, this makes me very happy!

Also, blood pressure has improved greatly! I do suffer from white coat syndrome so an 'official' person measuring this always increases it compared to my measurements at home. In the past my blood pressure readings have been in the 135/95 (approx 127/90 at home) region, but today I came in at 110/85 (113/73 at home last night), which is a major improvement!

It goes to show how much a healthy and active lifestyle affect us physically. I feel better, and my numbers reflect that, so I am buzzing right now!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11.5
    HW: 212lbs on MFP/220lbs at doctor's office
    SW October: 142.8lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145-150lbs strong.
    October goal: 143 solid.

4th October: 143lbs.
    11th October: 143lbs (Day 1 ToM)
    18th October: 142lbs.

I've had a really busy week so much so that I got a cold over the weekend and migraine last night which forced me to bed and it's still lingering behind my right eye with some light sensitivity this morning. I'm going around turning off lights and turning down computer screens and generally being annoying but I don't want this to ramp back up. No training this week either as my trainers just welcomed their second baby over the weekend. He's pretty stinking cute.

Weight-wise, I knew I was going to go down, even though I dropped 1,300ish calories on my lunch on Saturday (bacon cheeseburger with a brioche bun and white potato fries) and had takeaway in the evening (a container of beef chow mein, chip shop chips and a chicken ball - I only ever eat one because they're so greasy). My stomach is flatter, well as flat as it can be with abs, and my arms have either grown or I've dropped BF off them.

@rianneonamission Those are some great numbers! Especially BP. Shows that all your running has helped your cardiac function. Do you ever get any dizzy spells standing up?

Okay, I've hit my limit of computers for the hour, my eye feels like someone is trying to dig it out with a fork. Go team, go! One last push for October! :wink:
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Those blasted migraines. I feel your pain, even if I don't get them anymore (the BP reduction I'm sure has a part to play in that). Hope it *kitten*s off soon! If it does, will you do some training by yourself to keep it up?

No, I don't get dizzy spells, apart from when I get up really quickly from a really low position, and that is a rare thing. For me the big thing is cholesterol because of family history. My total cholesterol went down from 5.59 to 5.23, while my good cholesterol increased from 2.16 to 2.27, meaning my bad cholesterol has gone down from 3.43 to 2.96.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 138 LBS

Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    CW: 125.8 (as of this morning!)
    October goal: 120 LBS

SEPT 14: 129.5 LBS
    SEPT 18: 128.8 LBS
    SEPT 22: 127.4 LBS
    SEPT 26: 127.0 LBS
    SEPT 29: 128.2 LBS
    OCT 2: 126.8 LBS
    OCT 4: 125.8 LBS
    MINI VACATION BREAK WITH HUBBY AND FRIENDS
    OCT 11: 128.4 :s (Random weight in later in the day was 127.6!!!)
    OCT 12: 127.2 (yay getting better!)
    OCT 14: 126.4
    OCT 16: 125.2
    OCT 17: 127 (unexplained weight gain)
    OCT 18: 127.2 (well aunt flo came 5 days early so I think I understand the weight gain)
    MINI BREAK FROM WEIGHING MYSELF UNTIL PERIOD ENDS :neutral:
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    It's a funny one for me, I used to get them a lot as a teenager and really bad and then I didn't have any for ages and now they've started to pop up again. I think it's just stress and a lack of sleep this week. But I'm actually going to train my brother when we've both got a free moment and I'll do a couple of HIIT bodyweight workouts myself. I can't really do much of anything until my head stops hurting.

I just wondered because our BP is roughly the same standing up but my BP drops a lot when I'm sitting down to about 90/60 so I get them frequently. Food doesn't really help with it so I don't bother. Doctors always give it a double take but it's always how I've been when I've been thinner. My neurologist said it's how I'm going to live forever. :lol:

That's amazing for cholesterol. You're so close to under 5. Do you eat more fish now? I know fish is good cholesterol, lol. Will you get a re-test in 6 months?