October chatting

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Good morning, first day of October! I love October the weather is nice and cool and the bugs will all be gone soon!! Yay!

I am however at work enjoying some quiet time at my desk to get a large project done.

Anyways I am working my way on to the plus side of my down streak, except for being a little nuts yesterday, and I am determined to loose 5 lbs in October even with Canadian thanksgiving and Halloween.

I hope everyone has a great October 1st and enjoys their day!

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am also Canadian.....I must have forgotten you were!
    I am not making a Thanksgiving dinner this year, for the first time ever, and am thrilled about it!
  • ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well happy thanksgiving to you two. I wish America did thanksgiving earlier. Its too close to christmas here!

So far Oct....even just in day 2 has been rocky. Hoping things smooth out soon.

Started today with a 5mile elliptical run tho and that was very nice.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I opened October with a great NSV - I bought a new pair of jeans this weekend in size 24W and they fit perfectly. I was estatic because I haven't been fully into size 24W since college. The last time I lost a bunch of weight, I plateaued about where I am right now at 288 lbs, and was just flirting with 24's then.

I'm hoping to break the glass ceiling I hit last time and keep going, though my life has been extremely hectic lately. I took a new job within my company back in June which necessitates a move. The plus side is that I'm moving home, into a trailer/house my grandfather owned across from my parents. The bad news is that it took us until August to get the renters out of it, and the place had been trashed, so we've spent the last month gutting the plus back to the walls. The roof and framing was good, but the floors had to be replaced, all the sheetrock removed, all the old plumbing and kitchen base cabinets gone, and an electrician starts today re-wiring it. I'm driving back and forth right now, coming down on weekends to help mom and dad with the work, then driving back up to my current reporting location until I can get moved down there completely. All this has been havoc on my diet, as we're doing a lot of out to eating due to being downright exhausted. I'm still losing, but it's sputtering.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I am not making a Thanksgiving dinner this year, for the first time ever, and am thrilled about it!

Yup over in Manitoba!!!
    I am hosting thanksgiving as usual, my family all chips in money then I do the shopping and most of the cooking! It's nice because I control the menu!!! The downside is I usually end up with the majority of the left overs too, but I am just going to make freezer meals out of it for my husband and kid.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    ShaDucky wrote: »
    Well happy thanksgiving to you two. I wish America did thanksgiving earlier. Its too close to christmas here!

Thanks :) I always end up in the states for American thanksgiving too cause I am one of the crazy people standing in line at Walmart to buy the newest gadget for half price lol.

I hope your October improves!!! Great job on the elliptical run :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    @bmeadows380, sounds like you already broke the ceiling from last time, even if the scale is similar you have already gone further just by getting into those pants!!!

It sounds very stressful with the move/job and renos!!! Even if your eating isn't on point you can still stick to those changes that help, you got this!! :smiley:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

Yup over in Manitoba!!!
    I am hosting thanksgiving as usual, my family all chips in money then I do the shopping and most of the cooking! It's nice because I control the menu!!! The downside is I usually end up with the majority of the left overs too, but I am just going to make freezer meals out of it for my husband and kid.

It is nice that they all chip in! I always host too, but nobody chips in lol. But this year, my son is working doubles on Sundays (we always have it on Sunday as I work every Monday, holiday or not), and my daughter is looking for a place to move, so she won't be coming down. My son was here last night and was feeling bad about it until I told him I was happy lol. I mean, its only Thanksgiving, not like its Easter or something.

I am going to make him a pumpkin pie next weekend though.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    BTW I am in Ontario
  • ShaDucky
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

Thanks :) I always end up in the states for American thanksgiving too cause I am one of the crazy people standing in line at Walmart to buy the newest gadget for half price lol.

I hope your October improves!!! Great job on the elliptical run :)

Hahaha that's too funny! I don't even black Friday shop out here, too crazy! I am more of an amazon shopping. Not to mention both my kids are dec babies, and I'm jewish and hubby is not, so we have birthdays, Hanukah and Christmas....If I haven't gotten the bulk of what we wanna buy by the time the end of nov comes we are in a bit of a mess lol!

I am hoping it evens out....Its just been so much. Husband changing shifts is causing us to bicker a lot and its wearing me down. My teenage brother attempted suicide just over a week ago, and I'm still not sure how I move on from that, it was horrific, he is ok....but I feel so much depression over it. And then My 22 yr old cousin (who is really close like a baby sister) was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer! A 7cm tumor...just this last week and is going in for surgery and chemo this week. Its just been so rough....and I feel so tired and so depressed....it seems to be stalling my loss, but I'm still here and logging and exercising, because I need some normal, I need something to put my mind on so I don't crumble. Because honestly I just feel like crumbling.

Wow....way too much info, but I am really hoping Oct. levels out and things start perking up again. I need happy. I need some sunshine....
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So sorry you are going thru so much. God bless you.
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I went to a two day work conference and only saw a .5 pound gain after eating out for 6 meals. I'm taking that as a win.

BTW, I am Canadian as well. I live in Ontario and I haven't even made plans for Thanksgiving yet. Thinking I might just be thankful for what I have and not make a meal to gorge on. I don't even like turkey, but I love stuffing, potatoes and gravy. None of those will help with this journey, so maybe a treat of prosciutto wrapped chicken breasts with roasted brussel sprouts.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    ajewellmom wrote: »
    Woo hoo! I went to a two day work conference and only saw a .5 pound gain after eating out for 6 meals. I'm taking that as a win.

BTW, I am Canadian as well. I live in Ontario and I haven't even made plans for Thanksgiving yet. Thinking I might just be thankful for what I have and not make a meal to gorge on. I don't even like turkey, but I love stuffing, potatoes and gravy. None of those will help with this journey, so maybe a treat of prosciutto wrapped chicken breasts with roasted brussel sprouts.

Great job on the trip :)
    I like the sounds of your thanksgiving meal, a little fancy but without the extras!!!!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    @ShaDucky that is a lot of stress for one person, make sure you take care of yourself too!! Sometimes to keep being strong we need to let our walls down for a bit and get rid of all that emotion!!!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    @Italian_Buju pumpkin pie is one of the best parts!!! :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Yay for Friday??? I hope everyone enjoys this weekend weather your enjoying thanksgiving, or just enjoying your weekend!!!!

Tonight I am taking my son and my sister to bull riding and then tomorrow I have to do all my shopping and prep!!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    ajewellmom wrote: »

Well, perhaps a compromise would help, if you can find an alternate recipe that you can make lower calorie? Then again, the chicken breasts and brussel sprouts sounds divine! :smile:

Wow....way too much info, but I am really hoping Oct. levels out and things start perking up again. I need happy. I need some sunshine....

That is a ton of stress! I will keep you in my prayers!
  • ShaDucky
    Options
    Things are a little better this weekend. The surgery went REALLY well for my cousin. It was adrenal gland cancer that spread to the pancreas not pancreatic cancer. They took out a football size tumor!!!! But wow, the prognosis is amazing! And they think they removed everything in one surgery!

I have been on hormone therapy for my cycles and after four months had enough. The scale hadn't moved in 6 weeks no matter what I did. I was feeling like crud in so many ways. I stopped last week and WOW I feel so much more leveled out emotionally, and I lost some more weight, and my husband is a little happier lol.

• bmeadows380
    Options
    that's wonderful news, ducky! God is so good!

That's a little worrying about the hormone treatment. My sister is being put on prevara(?) and she's already way too heavy for her age. I've tried to talk her into trying to cut back and clean up her diet, but I was told by my mother to "back off" on her. It's frustrating because she's killing herself with her body weight - 270 lbs at 5'2"! I and my brother are also obese, but we carried our weight better and didn't have any health problems - just a lot of extra weight. My sister, however, is already on blood pressure medicine and was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and her doctor put her on cholesterol medication. She constantly complains of being tired and of her ankles and knees and back hurting, but will not change her diet.

I sincerely hope that this medication doesn't cause her to gain weight. Please keep her in your prayers!

Meanwhile, I'm so happy for you, ducky, that the scale finally budged and that you are feeling better!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Shaducky I am so glad things turned around for you!!!! Hope they keep going good :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am also on Depo shots and it made me gain a lot of weight quickly before I realized it. I have no choice though and must take the shots.