October LC Basics Challenge 2017: Week 1 (10/1-10/7)

Options
124»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    10/6
    Weighed in: Nope
    Logged: :+1:
    Electrolytes: Oops
    Calorie Goal: :+1:
    Macros within range: :+1:
    Exercise: :+1: strength plus hit step goal
    4/6
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    10/6

Carbs. 52
    Cals. 1378
    Steps 12582
    Activity mins. 292/300 weekly.

Eh.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Thur 10/5:
    Logged: t98155.gif
    Water: t98155.gif
    Electrolytes: t98155.gif
    Calorie Goal: Perfecto! t98155.gif
    Carb Goal: t98155.gif
    Exercise: Made crunchy crop circles in the yard for 1hr t98155.gif
    Prelogged next day: t98155.gif
    No booze!: t98155.gif
    8/8 flying_witch.gif

I am a super-dork. :lol:

Crop circles *snort*

That witch is fab.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So far this week I've stuck within close proximity to my food plan. I've also been baby stepping into a yoga routine most days, which I'm enjoying. For once I'm not pushing myself to do too much to fast. I'm finding that I like doing it and it can be so varied and interesting.
    I'm making a determined effort to keep my fluctuating emotions out of the food and yoga territories. So far, so good.
    The scale is inching downward. I would be making more progress if I'd cut back on alcohol. For now...for many reasons, that doesn't seem likely. But, since I'm still losing some poundage, I guess I won't complain.
    I'd like to keep going at my current pace of food plan adherence and my current activity level as well for tbe month. Overall, what I'm actually doing these days feels right and sustainable.
    I think my actual goal was to get the scale moving down at a steady rate, ie ...no Yoyo-ing. But I'm also liking how I'm doing life now. Even though I'm going through a rough patch, the things I've invested in doing seem to be helping me feel better overall, and are progressing in their own ways... I even started painting again and tried a new technique with palette knives. It went pretty well.
    I feel like I've found a really solid halfway point between a weight loss and maintenance lifestyle.
    It really feels like it's working out good.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    10/7
    Weighed in: :+1:
    Logged: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calorie Goal: :+1:
    Macros within range: :+1:
    Exercise: :+1:
    6/6
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Successful week one. Weighed in with a 2.2 # loss. Keeping carbs under twenty and doing some cardio on days I don't work. Motivated!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    10/7

Carbs 32
    Cals 1536
    Steps 12631
    Activity 302/300 weekly minutes

Came SOOOO close to not getting my steps but I wanted to see that little blue bar on my Garmin October calendar. I’m so easily influenced :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Week summary:

1.Slowly add back exercise as my knee/foot permits.

I did one formal exercise session. Not optimal but better than zero I guess.

2.Carb goal remains approx. 50 net but I need to prioritize better choices.

I did eat a lot more salads and veggies. I had a few not great carbs over the weekend however.
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use Propel as my electrolyte drink of choice. You can get boxes of the mix sticks at may stores.
    I usually get mine at Target over by the water enhancers (think Kool Aid for adults!). I get these rather than the bottles because it saves money and it is easy to stick some in my purse for travel. I definitely recommend it!
    Have lost 18 pounds in 5 weeks. Would like to lose 2-3pounds per week in October. I may not log in to the forum every day, but I am committed to the following:

1. Logging food, exercise and weight in MFP daily
    2. Keep under 25 net carbs per day.
    3. Keep under 1650 calories per day
    4. 10000 steps per day
    5. Drink BP Coffee, plain water, electrolyte water and one keto lemonade every day
    6. Will continue to take multi vitamin every day
    7. Will eat only whole foods and all homemade ... no mass market foods

How do you make electrolyte water? I see all these recipes online for putting salt in water. I love salt on my food but for some reason can't stomach it in a drink. Like, I gargle with salt water when I feel a sore throat coming on, but even doing that without swallowing makes me gag. I am starting Keto to for the first time today so haven't hit any walls or flus but I dread getting it because I cant drink the salt water. Recommendations? Any nice tasting drinks?

• LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I try to drink my own version of Keto lemonade at least once a day. I mix a couple tablespoons lemon juice,
    a couple tablespoons Braggs Cider Vinegar, a pinch of lite salt (for potassium) and a pinch of sea salt,
    a dash each of cinnamon, turmeric, ginger (dried powder), and cayenne pepper. Sweeten to taste with Keto approved sweetener. It tastes great!
    Have lost 18 pounds in 5 weeks. Would like to lose 2-3pounds per week in October. I may not log in to the forum every day, but I am committed to the following:

1. Logging food, exercise and weight in MFP daily
    2. Keep under 25 net carbs per day.
    3. Keep under 1650 calories per day
    4. 10000 steps per day
    5. Drink BP Coffee, plain water, electrolyte water and one keto lemonade every day
    6. Will continue to take multi vitamin every day
    7. Will eat only whole foods and all homemade ... no mass market foods

What is keto lemonade? Please to enlighten me. Thank you.