Me vs. the Binge -- November 2017 Challenge

Options
lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

The objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than “The Binge.” One day at a time.

Current month 2017:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    B: 0
    Binge free: 9
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Nov 1

The B: 0
  • Lotusgirlruns
    Lotusgirlruns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this challenge, but I would love to join in. Need all the support I can to beat this thing. The binge likes to come out in the evenings before bed....but I can do this. Thank you for the challenge, this is awesome! Wishing everyone a great day.

Nov 1: Me = 0 / The Binge = 1 (this was last night, before I joined the challenge, but today is a new day!)
    Binge Free Days: 0
  • skigal303
    skigal303 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in. New to the challenge.
    11/2/17
    Me: 0
    The Binge: 1

Today is a new day!!
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 2
    Binge free: 10
  • Lotusgirlruns
    Lotusgirlruns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nov 2 check in:
    Me = 1
    The B = 1
    Binge Free Days = 1 (yay! Have to start somewhere, right?)

Have a great night, everyone.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Nov 2

Good job, @Mae918, @skigal303, and @Lotusgirlruns!
  • skigal303
    skigal303 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nov 2
    Binge- 1
    Me- 1
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 3
    Binge free: 11

Thanks @Nevadaden :)
    I managed to completely avoid a really bad food purchase that I definitely think I would have binged on if it was in my house. Happy with myself for that. It's probably been a couple months since I have been able to do that without a struggle.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    12/04/2017

B:0
    DBF: 1

A late start to the month due to tracking fatigue
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 4
    Binge free: 12

Making a choice not to even go grocery shopping tonight because I know I will make bad choices. I am really happy that I'm tracking my meals again and it's making a HUGE difference for me. BUT, I still can't have my favorite junk food around. I have no ability to resist them if they're in the house and evenings are when I'm most likely to make those purchases.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I haven’t been around in a while, at least a year I think. Life just got in the way and, unfortunately, my binge eating has become a problem again. Time to get back in here:

Binge: 2
    DBF: 0
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Nov 4

Me: 4
  • hillmike56
    Options
    12/05/2017

DBF: 2
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Binge: 3
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 5
    Binge free: 13

Made really healthy choices today & trying new foods so I don't get bored. Going to bed a little hungry tonight but I can live with that. Another good day :)

Welcome back, @Pudding1980 !
  • hillmike56
    Options
    12/06/2017

Me: 3
    DBF: 3
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Nov 5

Me: 0
    Binge: 5*

Sorry I've been AWOL. I was not feeling well but am better and determined to turn this streak around.

Also, welcome everyone!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 7

Welcome back @lamlam2013 and @Pudding1980 ! And great job staying in control and trusting your gut when it comes to your triggers @mae918 !