Menopausal Mad Hatters "Soaring to Success" in August

Options

Replies

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Awe the picture won't all post. He is so cute in person.

All fixed- see above :-)
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, thought I would pop in to say "hi"!

Tammy, just read your problems about yoyr teaching job...horribly stressful for you and yoyr family. The only bit I can add is that I just KNOW that it is TOTALLY true that when one door apparently shuts, another one opens...a bit further along the corridor, so to speak. In the meantime, I will keep strong vibes flowing in your direction xx

I love the pics of the beach and sea and treehouse...where exactly is this??

Looking forward to our vacation which starts 21st August (yayyyyy) with a flight to Boston and our first night in a b&b in Marblehead before heading up thru beautiful Vermont to Montreal and the first glimpse of Mr Chat's new grandson :-)

We are both a tad childlike in our excitement of actually travelling....cant wait to shop in Terminal 5 at Heathrow and Mr Chat is already drooling over the little portions of airplane food one gets!!!...lol

My success will be measured in not going overboard both food and wine wise whilst on holiday....I tend to fail miserably..but hey ho...lets see how it goes :-)

Take care all of you....enjoy the rest of tge summer :-)

Julie
    xx
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Well ,it's official ...this work computer threw me out of the Hatter group ..so I had to re- join..... I saw it this time, though...it locked up and when I clicked it again...it said I was out!! so I got back In!!

Tammy, my heart aches for you, with all the job trauma...I just know the perfect place is going to open up for you....It's got too!!

Tonya, lovely pics......wish I was there.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Tying a rope around Gail to keep her from being booted !!

Susan love the pic if Alex ...25 now? Hard to believe
    That was so sweet of you to fix tonyas pic btw - cute little guy !

Chat - hope u guys have a great trip!!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The Coursey Clan:-)

IMG_20130808_193718_zps6265e8ba.jpg
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    IMG_20130808_194128_zps412f25e5.jpg

Rick and I after dinner with the kids:-)
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    Many thanks to Susan for fixing my posting messes :-) You Rock!
  • seehe
    Options
    What lovely pictures of you and your family, Tonya. You look so relaxed and happy :happy: And you are most welcome for my assistance with your pics :smile:
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Tonya, The pictures are GREAT!! Like Susan said, you look so relaxed....like you haven't a care in the world.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I want to go to that beach!!!
  • seehe
    Options
    I want to go to that beach!!!

Me, too! Green with envy!
  • seehe
    Options
    Had a wonderful birthday celebration with my no longer baby boy- got him a two day stay at la Paloma, another wonderful resort in the foothills here ( where I got to join him poolside :-) )

9c3c3278-cfff-4b8b-b65d-cd900355f6fa_zpsa3435585.jpg

We celebrated dinner at PF Chang's (thank goodness the last of the birthday cake was eaten yesterday!)

IMG_1992_edited-3_zps6003ab07.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Tonya love the pics / you look fabulous ! Nothing like having your feet in the sand and sea to de stress!!!!
    Susan you are so good to us with te pics and speaking of looking fab - great photo! Hope Alex loved the stay there you guys gave him. What a lovely gift ....umm Christmas is coming idlike to go there pls too Santa lol

Finally finished dayshift; and I went straight to the lake afterward and walked for an hour - felt so good I have really missedy morning walks. Was a little hot by the time I got there at 4pm but I needed my fix. Will be hitting the sack early but looking forward to a few days off and plan to spend at least one of them doing absolutely nothing! Have a great weekend everyone !
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Greeting from the Big Easy !!!

Thank you ladies for all the warm thoughts, post, and pm's. The trip has helped keep me busy and stressing less :bigsmile: And yes I totally believe when one door closes God opens another and better are His plans than any I have for myself !!!

As I posted the other day exercise is the most underutilized antidepressants and I have totally been taking advantages of it this trip. The good part is that it does allow to enjoy the wonderful dishes of the city. I do cut the amount of calories that mfp calculates in half to be on the safe side since we know that they most often over estimate them.

Snoozie we did remember the camera this time and since I enjoy everyone else's pictures when returning home this time I will have some to post :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Yayyyyy Tammy !!!! Can't wait to see the pics and smart move on the numbers!
    Patrice is doing her mud/foam run today and hoping fir pics of that too!!!!

Beautiful hour at the lake this morning abd then breakfast out with my sister - lovely way to start my day off - the afternoon will be curled up with a book Abd a jug of water lol
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I did the mud and foam 5k Run today. It was great fun and the weather was perfect! I tried posting the pics but they came out HUGE. Can someone tell me how to resize them? Seehee maybe? I have them down to 640x480 in photobucket but when I posted them they were huge. :(
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    getting pictures on here is confusing, looking forward to the muddy pictures!
    Snoozie, the lake walking sounds lovely even with bugs in the teeth.
    Friday my walk was on the High Line in NYC. It was a different experience from Thurs's walk in the Brooklyn botanical gardens, but there were a surprising number of flowers. It felt like walking on a boardwalk with city traffic as the background noise instead of waves. There were some amazing buildings going up.
    TA, can't wait to get your suggestions for where to walk in the Big Easy in January.
    My big news of the day-yesterday I used my frequent flier miles for tickets to Hawaii on July 5, 2014! For just DH and me! I read that most people actually get more hours of pleasure anticipating and planning a trip as they do on the trip. So I am looking forward to the planning over the next year, it should get me through some boring meetings, and it will help in getting to maintenance and staying there.
  • seehe
    Options
    I did the mud and foam 5k Run today. It was great fun and the weather was perfect! I tried posting the pics but they came out HUGE. Can someone tell me how to resize them? Seehee maybe? I have them down to 640x480 in photobucket but when I posted them they were huge. :(

I usually use photoshop to resize, but I think I noticed recently that photo bucket will let you do it, too., so I would try a really small pixel size with the largest dimension not being larger than 250 . I would do it for you , but I"m at Canyon Ranch 'til Wednesday night....
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's try again! Mud & Foam 5k...
    mudampfoamrun017.jpgmudampfoamrun018.jpgmudampfoamrun027.jpgmudampfoamrun056.jpgmudampfoamrun070.jpgmudampfoamrun074.jpgmudampfoamrun078.jpg
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I am back to work today. Honest tracking and getting my groove on. The last two weeks were just what I needed to refocus and get myself together.

I will lose 5 lbs this month!