Recommitting in January!

Options

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,947 Member
    Options
    Home early. It has been raining for two days but not too cold. Now temperature is dropping fast and down to freezing so all this rain is going to start turning to ice, then supposedly 3 to 6" of snow by tomorrow morning. Oh boy! I did bring work home so I plan to stay snug at home tomorrow. Just hope I don't lose power. I have my phone charged up. I tried to run to the grocery and they were jam-packed cars circling the lot so abandoned that idea. I have plenty of food here, just can't make the soup I wanted to make.

Donna, all that travel is so interesting! I had no idea you were close to 60. I would have guessed you younger from your profile pic.

Sounds like you've got your hunger cues at least somewhat tuned up Carla. The tofu quinoa bowl sounds good.

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mihani. I hope you are keeping warm. We went for a long walk this morning and I played tennis this afternoon. 58* today. Our cold front hits next week. Going to take it easy tomorrow. Brooks has in house trauma call tonight and tomorrow so I am going to cook a bit. Making stuffed sweet red peppers with wild rice and mushrooms!
  • Mihani
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hope you got your cooking done, Donna. I worked part of the day here at home, then started a jigsaw puzzle and I'm up way too late because I lost track of time and then it was so close to finished I had to keep going. Planning to work from home again tomorrow.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Got a little more work done today at home, not as much as I should have. I tend to get distracted when I try to work from home. So many more fun things to do here and the temptation to nap is overwhelming! I don't feel too bad about it. I needed to recharge my batteries after last week. I am really going to try to take at least one weekend day completely off work (whether home or at the office) from here on out.

I went to the grocery this evening. Was going to put it off until later in the week, but things have been so busy figured I better get it done. Have lots of good stuff for smoothies, salads, and cooked veggie/bean concoctions. Still going to stick with a piece of fruit and one of the Dr. McD soups for lunches most workdays. They are so easy and I like them. I also got baby carrots and grape tomatoes for snacking on at the office rather than digging into the crackers from the snack cabinet.

Ready for another week, and feel like my head is back in the game to get back to eating consistently ETL.
  • bisky
    Options
    Awesome Mihani. I did not make the wild rice stuffed sweet peppers because I started coming down with a cold.

I had my last salad tonight until Wednesday. I am having the "scope" on Wednesday so have to do the no high fiber diet tomorrow and clear liquids on Tuesday and start drinking "GO LIGHTLY" in the evening. I dread this but if you don't do it right then you have to start all over again. Talk about a cleanse. People usually lose 4 lbs during this but it is like the flu, once you start eating again then you gain the weight back...not really fat loss.

Hope this is not TMI. Just what you young ladies have to look forward to!
  • bisky
    Options
    Just found out my tennis instructor use to be 100 lbs overweight and type ll diabetes until he and his wife went vegetarian. He looks great now.
  • Mihani
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hope all is going well with your preparations for the scope Donna. Ugh, I haven't done that yet and my doctor is after me about it. That's really cool about your tennis instructor. I like having real life examples like that!

We are getting more snow, yuck. It's getting pretty messy out there. Hope they manage to plow my subdivision tonight, but I'm not holding my breath. Having a romaine salad with capers, yellow pepper and balsamic glaze for dinner. Tasty, but I'm still feeling leery about the romaine even though I looked it up and supposed to be fine now.

I tried something new in my smoothie this morning. I soaked 1/2 cup of oats with chia seeds in water overnight, and added them to the blender with a whole bunch of power greens, a couple splashes of oat milk, 1/3 of a frozen banana and some frozen blueberries. It was really good! Very satisfying with the oats and chia seeds added in, kept me full until lunch.

• bisky
    Options
    Hi Mihani, Keep warm. I hope you get to stay home.

I messed up big time. My scope is Thursday not Wednesday. Full liquids tomorrow and then clear liquids on Wednesday. Sigh. Yes, they are important to have done. I have two friends in California who waited until there were problems. One has stage 4 Colo-rectal cancer and the other has stage two. Both had major surgery, chemo and radiation. After this I am almost done with my yearly tests and 10 year exam. When I meet with internal med dr. I am going to ask for a recheck on my cholesterol panel, blood sugar and A1c level.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Oh no... hope you got a good dinner last night, Donna!

Going to hit the road early this morning to avoid traffic. Schools are closed though, and I hope a lot of people will stay home off the roads.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. We took Ruby to the vet because her limping wasn't getting better. She has a torn ligament in her knee. She is on anti inflammatory pills and has to rest and be as calm as possible, so she can't roam the back yard freely like she's used to. I've feel bad for her stuck in the garage so I've had her in the house with me but she tends to grab and chew things so she needs to be babysat. I can't get to my office PC while she's in the house.

I've been eating plant based, but I'm feeling down and some meals are just toast with no oil hummus. I made some of Dr. F's banana oat bars with double blueberries and they are good.

Donna, good luck with the scope! It will be nice to have that over with.

Careful on those roads, Mihani! And yes, you definitely deserve to have some time away from work!

• bisky
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So sorry for Ruby. We had a golden retriever who tore a ligament in his knee. We opted to not do surgery ($3500) and rehabbed him by swimming. We lived in Annapolis, MD at the time and our neighborhood had a little dog beach. It really helped to dissipate his energy and keep him happy. Only problem there were crab pots set out with neon green floats. They looked similar to tennis balls and he would go after them and drag them back...Brooks would have to swim out and replace them. Anyways, once he healed he was fine. He was a big boy.

Hang in there Carla, the long dark days of winter are almost over.

Brooks and Tucker. I miss him so much. This was after they had a big run. Brooks is exhausted, Tucker not so much.
    6bv8sq9c7wsa.jpg
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm just popping in to say hi and I haven't forgotten you.

Donna, I love the picture of the dog just chill after his big run. Not pooped, just relaxed. :smiley:

Work was bananas at the new job, but I just got a HUGE project taken off my shoulders because frankly, it was too big for just me. It needs a team... So that's a relief.

We start moving into the new house tomorrow. We aren't exactly packed yet; maybe about half packed. But the renos are done and I just want to start living there already! We haven't sold the old house yet either, so at least we can move at a leisurely rate. I told my hubby that I want to have our beds, our clothes and the kitchen moved by Saturday night so we can start sleeping and eating there. Everything else can come after that. Wish us luck!!

I've gotta run. It's still going to be at least 2-3 weeks before I get into my regular morning routines again... See you then!! :wink:

• Mihani
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Carla, sorry that Ruby has to stay cooped up. She probably likes hanging out with you more though. I have been craving toast a lot too. Must be a winter thing.

What a beautiful dog, Donna, and he really is big! That's hilarious he would bring in the crab pots.

Good luck with your move Karrie!
  • bisky
    Options
    So after clear liquids all day, scope was cancelled for tomorrow. They want me to meet with GI Dr. and schedule with anesthesia. They called right before I was going to mix the prep and start drinking. Yikes!

Karrie, I hope the move goes smoothly. Post some pics of your new house!!!
    We finally found an indoor pool to swim in this winter.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Oh that sucks, Donna... wonder why they cancelled it? Is something wrong? Yay for a pool.

I have been putting in even longer days than usual this week. It has been super busy and a dozen things going on all at once all the time. Very tiring and makes it so hard to actually complete anything.

Going to have a hummus and lettuce wrap for dinner with a clementine. Easy and quick.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    Donna, too bad about the cancellation. At least they called in time so you didn't have to drink the 'brew'! Have you checked out the indoor pool you found?

Mihani, I didn't think you could fit more work into a day. I hope you manage to get it all done. Is the snow all cleared up? How has your back been lately?

Ruby's injury seems to be healing with the anti-inflammatories and rest. We just finished up the pills, so we're going to see how she does this weekend without them. She hasn't been limping. The vet said it would be a good sign if the pills helped, so that's good news.
  • Mihani
    Options
    Enjoyed my day home today. Did some cleaning and other chores, made soup, did a few hours of work-work. I have a lot more to do, but probably going to wait until tomorrow. I need to get to bed early because I was up too late last night and now I'm all out of kilter. I will likely stay home again tomorrow since I have barely made a dent in the work I brought home from the office.

Carla, so glad to hear Ruby is doing better! Snow is slowly melting, it got in the 40's today and it felt like a heat wave. The last few weeks have been brutal. How's your weather been?
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I'm glad you had a day or two home, Mihani! The weather here has been mild, upper 40s to low 50s but lots of rain for the most part, today being the exception - it's sunny with blue skies, a nice change. Ruby is looking forlornly outside. Poor gal. She doesn't like being on the leash at all, but I'm going to take her for a walk anyway. She might be more agreeable since it is so nice out.

I've been eating too many Lara bars. I know better than to buy a box on Amazon, even though they are so much cheaper than buying individually.

• Mihani
    Options
    I like the lara bars too Carla. Hope Ruby enjoyed the walk. So sad to have to keep her confined, but it will be worth it if you can avoid surgery.

Worked late and still have a file to finish tonight so just a quick hi.
  • bisky
    Options
    Hi. Love the coconut Lara bars.
    We have been in Austin last few days. Brooks has a conference. We brought all 3 dogs and I have been getting walks 7-8 miles a day. Great paved trail along river. m0eg7yz3oqi7.jpeg
    2k0b102by9dj.jpeg
    ytogie0551ic.jpeg
    Way too much wine and alcohol though.