Tentatively Tiptoeing towards Spring: February Accountability & Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    @bribucks, Do you do a lot of sit ups/crunches etc? If so that may exacerbate your back pain. Pilates may benefit you by targeting your posture.

No, I try not to. I know that any moves where my back bends too much and/or the small of my back is not supported, hurts it. Such as sit ups, leg lifts, bicycles, etc. I can do true crunches (where only shoulders come off the floor, and the small of my back stay glued to it) without too much trouble, as long as I don’t come up too far. I can also do weighted Russian Twists without much trouble.

I may look into some Pilates though. I’ve never really tried it.
  • kg_lydon
    kg_lydon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    HW: 175
    CW: 162.2
    February weight goal: 157
    GW: 150 (or under, that would be amazing!)

1/17 162.2
    1/24 162.2
    1/31 160.8
    2/7 160.2 (down .4)

I weighed in and felt very discouraged. I’ve hit a plateau – damn you 160! I’m still going to aim for a 1lb weight loss for next week. If I try for my February weight goal of 157, I have 3 weeks to lose 3.2lbs. I have two goals this week: no snacking after dinner & running 3 nights this week – Wed, Fri and Saturday.
  • Starflight00
    Starflight00 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Seems plateaus are all around MFP today.

It's normal, don't get discouraged just yet! Keep doing whatever worked before (maybe recalculate your TDEE) and it will get back to normal eventually.
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well I got KFC for the Superbowl and haven't felt the same since. And it wasn't even all that good! I thought for sure I'd be up in weight today but I'll take the loss! I bet I'll be up tomorrow though since leg day was today #sore

HW: 176
    CW: 161.5
    Height: 5'8"
    January weight: 164
    February goal: 161
    Ultimate Goal Weight: low 150's

Feb 1: 163.5
    Feb 7: 161.5
    Feb 15:
    Feb 22:
    Feb 28:
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @bribucks Pilates is fab, it all centres around a neutral spine. It is great for me because I'm a slouch and it helps me focus on my posture, which in turn helps me keep my posture during weight/resistance exercises (and running too).
  • bribucks
    Options
    @rianneonamission Are there any videos/youtubers you recommend for Pilates?

PS I do a double take every time I read your username because my name is Brianne.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have never done online exercise I'm afraid, I have only every gone to classes.

Now that you have changed your username I don't have to do a double take anymore ;)
  • rjnl
    rjnl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So I have been eating well, exercising daily. At least I didn't go up...

HW: 185
    CW: 148.5
    Height: 5'6"

February goal: 144
    Ultimate goal: 135
    Feb 1: 148.5
    Feb 8: 148.5
    Feb 15:
    Feb 22:
    Feb 28:
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You ladies are really inspirational! I loved reading everyone's accomplishments!

Well here's my accountability / goals
    Height: 5'7"
    CW: 152.8
    February weight goal: 147
    GW: 130

It's hard to find time to exercise but I know it's there if I apply myself, yesterday I took my lunch at my desk while working and took my actually break as a 40 min walk outside. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but I'm glad I managed to get some movement in. Hopefully I can squeeze another walk into today.
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Hugs to everyone struggling. I know how you feel. Thanks for the support @rianneonamission ! My trend weight went down a whole pound this week, which I was basically expecting. I'm enjoying maintenance, I love how much food I can eat! It makes me realize why I've never really been "overweight" (just crept up higher than preferred...) - so I think I can manage my current weight long term. Still trying to figure out how to do it without logging though.

Feb start weight: 145.5
    2/8: 144.5
    Goal: Maintain 142-147
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Feb start weight: 152
    2/8: 149.4
    Goal: 135
    Drinking alcohol and controlling portions are my weaknesses. I'm starting to limit alcohol consumption to a few days a week, and I'm back to counting calories. 1250/day is hard for me, but I've been really good this week. Weekends are another story...Best wishes, everyone.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Another not so great week, not really sure what’s going on with me, I just can’t focus, I’ve upped my calories to maintenance to see if it helps my mind. I have had a busy week at work, so I suppose that doesn’t help! I’ve stayed the same this week, not on track for 60kg by the 28th (that’s my birthday @rianneonamission )

165cm/5’5

SW 61.8kg (from last week)

2/2/18 61.8kg totm
    9/2/18 61.8kg
    16/2/18
    23/2/18

• bribucks
    Options
    Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127
    Ultimate goal: Maintenance. Goal range is 108-113.
    SW February: 110.3 trending

Feb 2: 110.2 (110.3 trending)
    Feb 9: 111.0 (110.5 trending)
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:
    March 2:

I started a new workout/weightlifting program this week called Fierce Five. And man, it killed me! I’m so sore! (Which might be the reason for the jump in weight? Maybe? I also have been feeling pretty bloated this week. But I have been eating within my calorie goals.)

And of course, I have to help my brother move today - already sore - so I’m going to be DEAD tonight and tomorrow.
  • Starflight00
    Starflight00 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was like "wow, this thread is active!", but it's Friday already :)

Height: 1m67 / 5'6"
    HW: 64 kg / 141 lbs
    GW: 57 kg / 126 lbs (20-22% BF)

January SW: 62.4 kg / 137.6 lbs (~34% body fat)
    February SW: 59.6 kg & 31.5% / 18.77 kg BF

February GW: - & 29-30% BF
    January 31: 59.6 kg / 31.50% (18.77 kg) BF
    February 9: 59.5 kg / 30.00% (17.85 kg) BF

Only 0.1 kg net loss this week, trending weight went down 0.5 kg though and according to my scale I dropped almost a kilo of BF. I'm learning to accept that weight loss isn't linear, and I'm very grateful to have discovered concept of trending weight (I use trendweight.com), it surely helps a lot. Bracing for this week as TOM is around the corner and I'm generally craving more salt nowadays.

This week I fasted for 24 hours for the first time (no food except dinner on Monday). I'm going to make it a regular thing, even though I can't say I felt great that day, but I want to see if it gets better. This is also non-alcohol month for me (except on 2 occasions I can't refuse and I'll take it easy).

Keep up the good work everyone, even if the scale won't bulge! You're doing better than 66% of people who are not able to stick to their resolutions for longer than a month!!

Those of you who are my MFP friends already saw the progress collage I posted a couple of days ago, but I'll post it again here. That's not to brag ;) , but to show what a month of dedication to CICO can do and that the number on the scale is telling only a small part of the story.
    So I finally collected courage and made a progress pics collage...

I am not pregnant in the first picture even though one could be forgiven for assuming I was. Excuse the red angry face, I was back from a run and was completely and utterly disgusted by what I saw in the mirror.

I think last 2 pictures show pretty clearly how the same weight can look very different depending on body composition. Besides running, I haven't done any exercise
    vwwc7oa8h35v.jpg

• KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height – 5’ 10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs
    SW October - 169.4 lbs
    SW November - 167.9 lbs
    SW December - 164.6 lbs
    SW January – 166.8

(Moving Average Weights)
    February 1 – 166.7
    February 5 – 166.4
    February 8 – 165.9
    February 12 –
    February 15 –
    February 19 –
    February 22 –
    February 26 –
    February 28 –

February Goal - 164.0 lbs

Happy Friday Ladies!

This week has been alright. I went a little bit nuts yesterday as we had an insane snowfall and so there snacks everywhere (something about extreme weather brings out the munchies in everyone I find) so I indulged more than usual. I think it’ll balance out by the end of the week though. I feel good about my progress and am on track to meet my February goal.

Valentine’s Day is coming and I guess I get 7 days of Valentine’s this year! On Thursday, I got flowers, a balloon, and some chocolates, and yesterday I got a few chocolates and some nice moisturizer. After Thursday I did tell my husband to only buy chocolates that are single serving sizes, not boxes or anything and he listened well yesterday and just got me 3. I’m excited to see what else is in store! I do know on Sunday we’re going to a yoga workshop with the theme of unconditional self-love, and on actual Valentine’s Day he booked us couples massages!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • KelseyRL
    Options
    @tiinytorii - I really recommend using something that gives you a moving average for your weight. I use Happy Scale, other people use Libra. It takes some of the shock and bad feelings out of a big weight jump by averaging it out. You didn't actually gain 4 pounds of fat in a week, it's a combination of water, sodium, hormones, diet changes, increase of carbs, all those things together. I find having the averaged number helps me keep all that in perspective after a high weigh-in.

All that being said though, don't beat yourself up about it. It's a long term process and there'll always be times where you're less focused than others. Just draw a line under it and start again! And never feel embarrassed to check-in. No one here will judge you. There's only love and support around here! :heart:
  • KelseyRL
    Options
    Height – 5’ 10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs
    SW October - 169.4 lbs
    SW November - 167.9 lbs
    SW December - 164.6 lbs
    SW January – 166.8

(Moving Average Weights)
    February 1 – 166.7
    February 5 – 166.4
    February 8 – 165.9
    February 12 – 165.1
    February 15 –
    February 19 –
    February 22 –
    February 26 –
    February 28 –

February Goal - 164.0 lbs

Hey ladies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a big drop today but I don't know if I trust my scale right now. It's been giving me all kinds of different weights the last couple days but this one came up time after time even after moving the scale around, so I'll take it.

Last week was pretty good for me. The weather keeps getting worse and worse here and it's making it really hard to stay focused, but I'm doing my best. I'm also coming down with a cold so we'll see what tomorrow brings. I had planned to work out today and tomorrow but I feel really crappy today so I postponed it. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

@RobinAlex666 - I hate it when I have a splurge meal and it isn't even delicious. It's only one meal though, it'll pass. It sucks to waste those calories on something disappointing though.

@rjnl - not gaining is just as much of a win as losing. Keep at it, you'll get there!

@Melonpaul - I always used to walk during lunch when the weather was good. I found it a great way to get some movement in without being too overwhelming - you don't have to change your close, worry about getting too sweaty and how to clean up after, but it's still a good calorie burn and it gets you moving and in the fresh air. I can't wait till it warms up here again and I can get back into those habits. Good for you for taking the time!

@nic_27_grassisgreener - Glad to hear maintenance is working well for you! I hear it can be a challenging transition, but it sounds like you got this!

@jamie_reynolds - I hear you with the alcohol. We usually drink quite a bit but I haven't had any in the last 2 weeks. I've decided I really only want to drink when there's an occasion worth it and in the last 2 weeks there hasn't been. I made sure to stock up on teas and soda water with citrus though. I find it really helps as you can still make a drink and spend time drinking it, it just doesn't have to be alcohol. 1250 seems pretty low for someone you're height. Is that what MFP gave you? I'm a little taller than you and I get 1650. Maybe revisit your stats and make sure that's a good intake for you.

@mrssunshine78 - I blame the weather. It's hard to stay focused this time of year, or at least it is for me. Where do you live? Is it snowy and dark there too? Not gaining is still a win though. It's a long term process but you'll get there in the end!

@bribucks - What's Fierce Five? I haven't heard of that one. I also had a big jump when I started working out again. I was sore for a week but then it subsided and so did the extra weight. I hope the move went well!

@Starflight00 - Any loss is a good loss. I think losing in your trending weight is better as it shows things over a longer term. If I randomly drop 2 pounds over night, I never really trust that that's real, it's just a fluctuation. But if my trend weight drops 2 pounds, I always feel like that's a real loss. And great work with the loss so far! Your collage picture shows a big difference!

Welcome back to the work week ladies! We got this! :heart:

• bribucks
    Options
    @KelseyRL Fierce Five: http://how-tobuildmuscle.blogspot.com/2016/01/fierce-5-novice-routine.html?m=1

Workout A:
    Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Pendlay Rows 3x8
    Reverse Flies 3x10
    Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B:
    Front Squat 3x5
    Incline Bench OR Overhead Press 3x5
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8
    Any ab work 2x15/Curls 2x10 Superset

I do some substitutions.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I am a little late to the February party, but waiting until March to start just seems like a bad idea.
    02/13: 146.6 lbs eep
    02/20:
    02/27:
    February GW: 144 lbs

Other Goals: Get back to the gym 4x a week (Following 5/3/1 at low weights right now to get back into the groove)
    Walk a little bit more.