Tentatively Tiptoeing towards Spring: February Accountability & Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Good week! Managed to get some gym sessions in and be consistent with food whilst still enjoying the odd gin. I'm feeling good, feeling lighter, and was pleasantly surprised when I stood on the scales this morning as I was about 0.5lb lighter than expected. Mind you, I did see 162.4lbs on the scales on Sun morning, so I think today's weight is a pretty accurate reflection of where I am in terms of weight. And my BF% dropped below 26%. Yay!

I started tracking my moving average weight using the Happy Scale app on Monday the 12th so I now have 10 days worth of data, meaning I can add this to my check ins. It's quite the eye opener and I think it will help keep me focussed when I have sudden water weight & ToM spikes.

Only 11 more sleeps before I go on holiday! :sunglasses:

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW February: 163.6lbs (last January weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 154lbs
    February goal: Break the 160lbs barrier
    February Body fat goal: Get as close to 25.5% as possible
    End of January Measurements (in cm): Waist 78, Belly 96, Under bust 88, Bust 101

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    25th Oct: 164lbs - Body fat 26.3%
    29th Nov: 161.4lbs – Body fat 25.7%
    20th Dec: 163.6lbs – Body fat 26.1%
    3rd Jan: 165.4lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    10th Jan: 164.6lbs – Body fat 26.4%
    17th Jan: 166.2lbs - Body fat 26.7%
    24th Jan: 165.8lbs – Body fat 26.5%
    31st Jan: 163.6lbs - Body fat 26.2%
    7th Feb: 164lbs – Body fat 26.3%
    14th Feb: 163.6lbs – Body fat 26.1% (ToM)
    21th Feb: 162.2lbs – Body fat 25.8% (Moving average 163.2lbs)
    28th Feb:

@jesspen91 Glad that the illness hasn’t thrown you off track. That’s a nice little bonus!

@theknitpicker With the BF%, pick one scale and track that. In reality you should see a downward trend overall, which is what you are aiming for. However, hydration can affect it too so do take it with a grain of salt. Loving the trending app though, it’s a bit of an eye opener!

@RobinAlex666 Half a lb is nothing, you’ll soon lose that again now that the Valentines chocolates are gone

@nic_27_grassisgreener Woohoo! Show them beefcakes what you can do!

@mrssunshine78 I hope you are doing well. Perhaps the pressure you are putting on yourself with regards to hitting a target before you birthday is subconsciously sabotaging you. Think of everything you’ve achieved up until now: You’ve done bloody well! And don’t worry about the preaching. I would do the same! Still a bit embarrassed I wrote it down that way…. ;-)

@bringbackthejoy Keeping my fingers crossed that your knee issues will be resolved and that you get to run your race!

@tiinytorii See, not as bad as you thought. And the additional two lbs will come off soon enough!

@Llamapants86 Weekends are more difficult for me too. It’s so easy to keep a routine going in a 9 to 5.

@Go_Deskercise 3lbs down already this month. Going well!

@choyison Nice progress! Keep at this for long enough and it will gradually become easier to control your eating.

@theknitpicker Congrats on hitting your goal early!

@Melonpaul Don't worry about choosing to eat and do what physically made you feel better: That is incredibly important. Then when better you can get back to your normal routine, at which point you're likely to soon lose the weight again. What you've basically done is listened to your body. That's sensible.
  • kg_lydon
    kg_lydon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    HW: 175
    February weight goal: 157
    GW: 150 (or under, that would be amazing!)
    1/17 162.2
    1/24 162.2
    1/31 160.8
    2/7 160.2
    2/14 161.8
    2/21 159.8 (-2 lbs!)

OK, finally seeing some progress! I’ve cracked down on my nutrition and started running 5Ks three days per week. My goal for next week (end of the month), remains the same: I’m going to try to reach 157, but I will also be happy with just another 1lb weight loss. Thank you group for keeping me accountable!
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height – 5’ 10”

HW - 186.4 lbs
    SW August – 177.4 lbs
    SW September – 173.2 lbs
    SW October - 169.4 lbs
    SW November - 167.9 lbs
    SW December - 164.6 lbs
    SW January – 166.8

(Moving Average Weights)
    February 1 – 166.7
    February 5 – 166.4
    February 8 – 165.9
    February 12 – 165.1
    February 15 –164.6
    February 19 – 164.0
    February 21 – 163.4
    February 26 –
    February 28 –

February Goal - 164.0 lbs :smiley:

Hey everyone!

I’ve had a good couple weeks in terms of eating and logging. I’ve also really started to engage with yoga more which I’m really liking. Yesterday and today I had some pretty big weight drops. I’ve either had whoosh or my scale is confused. Either way, I’ll ride it out and see where I end up but I’m feeling really good about things!

It’s been a while since my last post and I’m hoping to get in more regularly. Last week was a weird week for me though. The weather is starting to get to me and I’m really working at keeping my spirits up and pulling through until the spring. Every day is one day closer!

@tiinytorii – glad to hear it helped. I like it much better when I have a real representation that my weight today is just a drop in the bucket of a much larger process. I hope it helps you!

@jesspen91 – great loss! It’s hard to adjust your eating when you have to reduce your activity but it looks like you found the balance!

@kg_lydon – I see you just posted an update and it looks like things are finally moving in the right direction for you! I find that changes I make in my life don’t reflect on the scale for quite a few days. It’s so frustrating when you know you’re doing the right things but it doesn’t look like it’s working! I find I really just have to trust the process and after a while, the progess finally catches up to me.

@RobinAlex666 – I also don’t know how people buy lunch at work everyday! The cost alone baffles me and I like knowing what’s in my food and what the calorie count is. I pre-log it in the morning when I pack it and then I know all day that I can eat anything from my lunch whenever I want and it’s all accounted for. No worry or wondering. I find it very liberating and don’t like when I have to guess.

@nic_27_grassisgreener – Nice work in overcoming your intimidation and getting in there! Things like that can be so hard! I don’t belong to a gym right now, but I used to go to the YMCA and the free weight section always felt a little awkward. I totally get your feelings.

@mrssunshine – Sorry to hear you’re having struggles. It’s so weird how sometimes it feels like you totally got this and it’s all really easy, and then other times you have no idea how you’ll ever do this and it feels insurmountable. I felt like that all January so I totally get you. You’ll find your smooth spot again, just keep trying one day at a time. :heart:

@bringbackthejoy – that’s great that you found someone who can help with things! And that’s awesome that you should be able to do your race! Yay!

@Melonpaul – jealous of the hiking. It’s been so cold here and I can hardly stand it. The other day I had a bit of a meltdown and was almost in tears because I just wanted to go outside and see the sun and be outdoors but it was -32 C and pitch black at 6:30. It just kills me. Hope you’ve recovered from you cold and are feeling better!

@Llamapants86 – I hear you about the weekends. It was a long weekend here and we spent it at my inlaws which is junk food heaven! I made sure I never sat at the kitchen island as that’s where the chips and cookies are all laid out. It was kitchen table or living room for me. Out of sight helps a little. I hope this weekend is better for you!

@choyison – Welcome! Thanks for joining in! I was looking at your stats and you set a VERY aggressive goal for February. Considering how close you are to your goal weight, trying to lose 10 pounds in February might not be a healthy goal. With how close you are to goal, the recommendation would be about 1 pound per week and your goal puts you at 2.5 per week. Obviously you’re welcome to do whatever works for you, but it’s something to think about. All the best! :heart:

@theknitpicker – congratulations on reaching your goal! Enjoy your holiday with your dad! I think having a break and switching to maintenance for a while is a good strategy. That way you can focus on your visit and relax a bit. I hear a practice run at maintenance is a good thing to try anyway. Good luck!

@rianneonamission – Glad you hear you’re trying out Happy Scale. I love it! I feel like we’re twins this week as your moving average and your scale weight are pretty much exactly the same as mine! I’m headed for a similar UGW as well. Let’s do this! :smiley:
  • choyison
    choyison Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @KelseyRL
    I know, but thank you for the concern. I think part of my message was cut off. My son is getting married on March 24th. He's young and apparently eager. We just found out about it in January. So I just want to look my best and then I can relax and do it the healthier way. Thanks
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    KelseyRL wrote: »
    @rianneonamission – Glad you hear you’re trying out Happy Scale. I love it! I feel like we’re twins this week as your moving average and your scale weight are pretty much exactly the same as mine! I’m headed for a similar UGW as well. Let’s do this! :smiley:

B)
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Very cautious but will jump on the wagon again...
    I have been really bad since summer and gaining weight at the steady rate. I's ashamed to say that I am at my highest weight ever! (Not counting while pregnant but even then I only gained 20 lbs with each kid which I lost fairly quickly afterwards...)
    I have been lacking motivation and actually started to enjoy my fuller figure, it made me very comfy in the cold months of winter. :o
    As we are getting closer to spring and summer I started to look at myself with more critical eye and decided I do not like what I see after all. Yesterday was my first day at eating clean again and I need to be strong because it looks like it's going to be a long journey ahead of me.
    Tomorrow I'm planning to take a picture of myself in a bikini that I wore last spring. That visual should provide a much needed motivation for losing all this fat I'm carrying right now!
    Here are my stats:
    Height: 5'2"
    Waist: 28 inches
    Body Fat 21.7%
    Heaviest Weight and Current weight: 124.9 lbs
    Ultimate Goal weight: 114 lbs

February 22: 124.9 lbs
    March 1:
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:

Best luck to all!
    :)
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Glad to see so many people jumping on the Happy Scale/Libra app bandwagon! It really is so helpful.
  • itseclair
    itseclair Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Height: 163 cm
    hw: 152 lbs

January Sw: 142 lbs
    January Gw: 140 lbs 138 lbs
    January Ew: 138 lbs

February Sw: 138 lbs
    February Gw: 136 lbs

Jan 31st: 138 lbs
    Feb 11th: 142 lbs [+ 4 lbs] :/
    Feb 18th: 140.5 lbs [-1.5]
    Feb 22nd: 139 lbs [-1.5]

super close to my February starting weight!
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal, now I just have to stick to it. I'm feeling so great and I even fit into my expensive work pants this week. I tried a pair on and wore them the next day. It's been months since I could wear them and now they're even comfy sitting down in.

HW: 176
    CW: 160
    Height: 5'8"
    January weight: 164
    February goal: 161
    New Feb goal: at or below 160
    Ultimate Goal Weight: low 150's

Feb 1: 163.5
    Feb 7: 161.5
    Feb 15: 162
    Feb 22: 160!
    Feb 28:
  • choyison
    choyison Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @rianneonamission Thank you.

Age 41
    Height 5'5"
    HW: 150.2 lbs.
    CW: 137.2 lbs.
    Feb. GW: 133 lbs.
    Ult. GW: 125 lbs.

Feb 1: 143.8
    Feb 8: 139.8
    Feb 15: 138.4
    Feb 22: 136.6

Good luck everyone!
  • Starflight00
    Starflight00 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I skipped last week check-in, was having a really bad week (home with sick 5 yo) and tbh still not quiet "feeling it". Haven't run since 2 weeks, was going to go out for a run tomorrow, but it was cold-ish, so stayed in. I need to get myself together and maybe get a gym membership or something, so I can run on a treadmill...

Anyhow, stats:
    Height: 1m67 / 5'6"
    HW: 64 kg / 141 lbs
    GW: 57 kg / 126 lbs (20-22% BF)

January SW: 62.4 kg / 137.6 lbs (~34% body fat)
    February SW: 59.6 kg & 31.5% / 18.77 kg BF

February GW: - & 29-30% BF
    January 31: 59.6 kg / 31.50% (18.77 kg) BF
    February 9: 59.5 kg / 30.00% (17.85 kg) BF: trending 60kg/31.2% (18.72kg)
    February 23: 59.5 kg / 30.40% (18.09 kg) BF: trending 59.8kg/30.4% (18.17kg)

Lots of numbers, I know. ;) I'm relieved to see there's still a downward trend, but I'm definitely paying for the lazy week when I ate double amount of cals (which is quite accurately reflected in BF weight as 0.24 kg = 1680 cal)

One lesson I learned this week: it's totally possible to overeat when eating (raw) vegan food.

5Rxfp1.png
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 126.8
    February Goal: 122 LBS

Feb 6: 126.8
    Feb 13: 124.4
    Feb 18: 123.8
    Feb 23: 123
  • bribucks
    Options
    Hi all. I missed logging in last week, so here are my caught-up numbers. Life really has been hitting me while I’m down, lately. I’m 90% sure that all my digestive issues are due to stress and anxiety but might seek out a gastro dr just to rule anything else out. Felt so nauseous all of last weekend and part of this week and barely ate, hence my return to lower weight.

It is so hard for me to have any motivation right now. Not just weight-related, but in general, in all aspects of life. But even though my eating is all over the place right now, I am trying to keep exercising. I think my lifting routine really is working, because I’m already starting to notice some more definition. Now, if I could only find my tape measure ...

Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127
    Ultimate goal: Maintenance. Goal range is 108-113.
    SW February: 110.3 trending

Feb 2: 110.2 (110.3 trending)
    Feb 9: 111.0 (110.5 trending)
    Feb 16: 111.4 (110.8 trending)
    Feb 23: 110.2 (110.3 trending)
    March 2:
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This last week started out on a good note unfortunately yesterday I got into a rut of stress and emotions and over indulged a bit but somehow stayed under my calories for that day (by 19 cal). I'm trying really hard to focus and keep this streak going, everything going on in my life has me feeling so stretched thin.

I like reading quotes to kind of start my day and I read this one “Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.” – Buddha and it just really meant a lot to me in the current moment because I really am my own worst critic and best saboteur. I just need to be mindful of not only what I am putting in my body but what I'm creating and putting out as well.

Well here's my accountability / goals
    Height: 5'7"
    2/8 W: 152.8
    2/16 W: 155.2
    2/23 CW: 151.6
    February weight goal: 147
    GW: 130

@rianneonamission Thank you! :smile: I hope you have a great time on your holiday!

@KelseyRL Brrr.... that's cold, I hope spring comes early for you!
  • mmurph102
    mmurph102 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    HW: 139lbs
    Goal Weight: 110-115lbs
    January Goal: 118 - Reached 2/2
    February Goal: 115

Jan 05: 121.8
    Jan 12: 122.2
    Jan 19: 119.4
    Jan 26: 119.2
    Feb 2: 118
    Feb 9
    Feb 16
    Feb 23: 119.4

Totally fell off the wagon. Junk food, poor eating/drinking habits....haven't weighed/tracked in 2 weeks. Thankfully haven't gained much. Need to get back on MFP daily...it's the only way that works for me.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options

165cm/5’5

SW 61.8kg

2/2/18 61.8kg totm
    9/2/18 61.8kg
    16/2/18 62.2kg
    23/02/18 62.2kg

So I’m up this month, although my moving weight was 61.9kg this morning. I did have a good week, food and exercise wise, but hurt my neck yesterday and have eaten so much food since!

It’s my big birthday on Wednesday so I’m probably going to be doing a lot of over eating, but still wanting to get some exercise too.

• nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    Feb start weight: 145.5
    2/8: 144.5
    2/15: 144.1
    2/23: 144.2
  • anetkastefaniak
    anetkastefaniak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been at my goal weight several times in the past 2 years, but I just literally suck at maintenance (especially ever since I moved out last summer). Now I'm trying to be consistent every day with MFP and weigh everything... I'm the kind of person that loves to binge eat and I constantly fluctuate between 10-15 lbs.

Once I reach my goal weight I'm considering doing recomp. I'm starting to look skinny fat and I've never been like that in my life. Going to try and bring cardio back into my life as it gets warmer outside, and continue with my yoga/weight lighting (around 2-3 times per week).

I'm eating 1200 cals per day (lose 1 lb per week) but looking at my stats below it looks like I'm losing closer to 1.5 lb per week which is not what I want to do. When I reach 120 lbs I'm going to update to lose 0.5 lb per week instead.

Height: 5'4"
    Heaviest Weight: 158 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 115-118 LBS
    Current Weight: 121.8
    February Goal: 120 LBS

Jan 05: 135 (bloated from Christmas)
    Jan 12: 130.8
    Jan 19: 130.6
    Jan 26: 128.2
    Feb 2: 126.6
    Feb 9: 125.4
    Feb 16: 123
    Feb 23: 121.8

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • rjnl
    rjnl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well... as you can see I have continued a poor trend. I am not going to make any excuses, just posting today and moving on! I would normally at this point stop posting and tell myself Ill do it without posting in a group. That has not worked, so here we go! Thinking though that my February goal will now be a March goal
  • bribucks
    Options
    @anetkastefaniak Just so you know, recomp typically means heavy lifting rather than cardio. The whole point is to replace fat with muscle :) I have just recently started taking recomp seriously and started an actual lifting program, and I can really see the difference already!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1