Love Your Health: Feb Challenge-Week 1 (2/1-2/7)

Options

Replies

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    2/1
    Failed to wear my Fitbit or get in any activity but did not have chocolate. There is none in the house so that should be met every day.

I did put on my Fitbit today and plan to get up from my desk and walk several times today.

At the tail end of my cold and I can't wait for it to be gone. I missed both spin and yoga this week :(
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    2/1

1) Steps :)
    2) No candy :)
    3) Carbs :)

Knees feeling much better today. Was hurting pretty badly last night.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Still not 100% but fingers crossed I seem to be on the mend from the flu. I'm hoping to get into regular workouts again but I'm not making it an official goal this month just in case I relapse from the plague.

Goals:

Get up and walk and stretch each hour at work.
    Continue last months decluttering project in my home.
    Under 50 net carbs daily.

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Feb 2

Exercise. 35 mins
    Carbs. 32
    Cals. 1450
  • Koso2006
    Options
    2/2
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    2/01 - super good day
    2/02 - totally failed! I can't believe I reached for candy during the day. Mind you I was anxious waiting to hear about my new grand baby being delivered...but still! Shame on me. Back at it today!
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    saw very small loss today, but however small progress always feels good. almost 15 pounds away from where i got last march. and a long way after that. i try to fast until the afternoon and it's been going well with that. i need to stop eating earlier too, we tend to eat a lot later in the evening till the night. started walking at least half an hour a day but then today is really rainy here. will start exercising and lifting this week too.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well yesterday was a failure on all fronts. Back on track today with bacon for breakfast, roast for dinner and a long hike in the snowy woods.
  • Koso2006
    Options
    2/3

Almost caved on the candy, but instead had a few fresh strawberries. Still stayed within my carb range. Win for me!

• solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    A little tiny more loss today. Possibly because I got my period yesterday but dare I say it again nothing more motivating then seeing those numbers go down on the scale. 191.6 today. Still 13.6 away from where I got to in March last year. It would be nice to get there before March comes again this year. Doubt it will be so fast but there is always wishful thinking that some woosh will happen to help post period or something. I will still be happy to get there sometime during March though. Actually, just checked again looks like it was the beginning of April when I got down to 178. Hope I see much less than that by that time this year. I can't wait to see less than 168 which was my high weight about a decade ago. I don't want to obsess with numbers and just continue this time but it helps to think a bit.
    End of February goal: 183 (8.6 to go-- 3.9kg)
    Goal by end of April, May 1st: 163 (+20-- 28.6 to go 12.9kg) this is prb ambitious, i'd need to average 2.33 lb per week. unless i see a woosh in the next week or so it prb won't get there. but spring is an easier time to lose for me and summer is harder to low carb because of fruit and my mom's foods
    Goal by end of summer, Sep 1: 139 (+24 -- total of 52.6 to go, 23 kgs) --
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing this. I REALLY need more consistency to get this weight back off (I'm up "only" 5-7 lbs but it's making a big difference to how my clothes fit and I'm tired of not being able to wear some of my favorite outfits!). I'd love to lose at least 3 lbs (hopefully 4-5) by the end of February.

2/3 Update
    Staying under carbs: Nope, was a bit over
    Staying under calories: Yep
    Logging and measuring: Yes (though I had to estimate dinner since we ate at a friend's house).
    Getting in exercise/movement if that's one of your goals: Yes! I did my full PT routine/workout. I've developed some weakness again in certain areas so I really want to start doing my PT program again 3x/week for at least a month before shifting back into You Are Your Own Gym or a similar strength program and re-increasing my running.
    Keeping an eye on electrolyte levels: Yes
    Getting enough water: Always! (Thankfully I am a thirsty person and love water so that's one I rarely have to work at.)
  • Koso2006
    Options
    2/4
    1) Steps :(

Didn't get my steps in yesterday. Left knee was tight and sore from Saturday, so I kept it iced and elevated.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    2/01 - super good day
    2/02 - totally failed! I can't believe I reached for candy during the day. Mind you I was anxious waiting to hear about my new grand baby being delivered...but still! Shame on me. Back at it today!
    2/03 - good day!
    2/04 - could have been better, I made some gluten free biscuits for my husband but I ate a couple :) they were good!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    2/5/18

Water - :-1:
    Food - :+1: - Even at the superbowl party!
    Sleep - :+1:
    Exercise - :+1:
    Workout A
    Squats - 3x8 @ 15 pounds
    Pushups - 3x8
    Inverted Row - 3x8
    Back Extension - 3x15 @ 110 pounds

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    2/2-2/4/18
    More activity-lots of walking this weekend plus bowling last night.
    No chocolate-caved and had some ice cream 2 nights. I really need to dump this cold, it's got me making bad choices.
    Wearing my Fitbit again faithfully-had it in my pocket the whole weekend. I'll get there, hoping to create more opportunities to see it's benefits.

Not in my goals but I'm focusing on my arms now through April to look great in my dress for my son's wedding.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Thank you for doing this. I REALLY need more consistency to get this weight back off (I'm up "only" 5-7 lbs but it's making a big difference to how my clothes fit and I'm tired of not being able to wear some of my favorite outfits!). I'd love to lose at least 3 lbs (hopefully 4-5) by the end of February.

2/3 Update
    Staying under carbs: Nope, was a bit over
    Staying under calories: Yep
    Logging and measuring: Yes (though I had to estimate dinner since we ate at a friend's house).
    Getting in exercise/movement if that's one of your goals: Yes! I did my full PT routine/workout. I've developed some weakness again in certain areas so I really want to start doing my PT program again 3x/week for at least a month before shifting back into You Are Your Own Gym or a similar strength program and re-increasing my running.
    Keeping an eye on electrolyte levels: Yes
    Getting enough water: Always! (Thankfully I am a thirsty person and love water so that's one I rarely have to work at.)

I feel you. Me and those weekends. Can't get anywhere. I did better this weekend until hubby made a calorie bomb Superbowl spread... :rage:
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I'm down to participate:

1) Fasting: I've accidentally fasted twice on Monday's now. I think I like this so I'll make it a thing and fast all 4 Mondays in Feb. And I'll continue my regular 16:8 IF schedule.

2) Protein. 100gs a day is the goal.

3) Gym time Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday or Sunday. 3x a week for the month.

Fasting today.

Did alright on the protein goals. Did not hit my goal daily but when I ate I focused on protein so that's the good thing.

Hit all Gym days as planned last week. This week is gonna be a bit rough with my travel schedule. I may have to just get up supa early tomorrow to knock it out before the crazy begins.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    2/5
    Staying under carbs: :)
    Staying under calories: :)
    Logging and measuring: :)
    Exercise: Rest day. Would have liked to run but the timing of my appointments ruled that out.
    Keeping an eye on electrolyte levels: :)
    Getting enough water: :)
  • Koso2006
    Options
    2/5
    1) Steps :(

Short about 1,000 steps from my goal.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    2/01 - super good day
    2/03 - good day!
    2/04 - could have been better, I made some gluten free biscuits for my husband but I ate a couple :) they were good!
    2/05 - perfect day. Even ate out for lunch but found a great choice at Jersey Mike's Subs - sub in a tub :)
This discussion has been closed.