Dkay OMAD progress

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    OMG, you are so tiny now :+1: Amazing job! :) You are also very close to your GW!!! Sending you lots of quick healing vibes! Get well soon! <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll. WHile the picture was horrid it will serve as a good reminder as to how far I have come and how miserable I was when food was in control. OMAD has been such a huge blessing and so so easy!!! Still not at UGW but so close now.....

I finally felt better by Saturday --I was so sick Friday I didn't even get out of bed, my whole body ached........I did weigh on Sunday and was at 160 even. The plan until the new year is to be mindful but not strict. For example, today we have a work lunch party and that will be my OMAD ---totally works.....

This past Saturday was Omad and then Sunday it was a snacky day. I made some treats for work, and reindeer crack (if you haven't heard of it OMG it is freaking' amazing) salt +sweet.....and it is called crack bc it is hard to stop when you eat it :).....Then we had Mexican last night, has some fajitas.....

So I will OMAD on most days over the holidays and hopefully stay close to 160 or less. The goal will be to get to 145-150 for UGW by early next year.....

Happy Monday Ya'll
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Now boo.....you KNOW I'm gonna ask for that reindeer crack recipes SMH :p;)

You've TOTES got this!!! You're almost thereeeeeeeeeeee!!! Random thought question - you're 5'6" yes?

• volgirl1322
    Options
    Yes around 5'5.5 LOL

Reindeer crack is a sweet/salty snack mix that you can make however you like....the "crack" is because you can't just eat one bite. Here is how I make mine:

2 cups chex cereal (rice, corn works best)
    1 cup cheerios
    1 cup (or more) pretzels
    1 cup (or more) bugles or fritos (both awesome)
    1 cup nuts (any variety pecans are delicious in this)
    2 cups M&Ms (holiday colors are awesome
    20 oz of white chocolate bark
    2 tablespoons crisco

Mix everything but chocolate/crisco together in large bowl. Line mixture on parchment lined pans (for this recipe it took 3 pans).

Melt Chocolate and crisco in microwave until fully melted. Drizzle on top of mixture. Place pans in freezer for at least 20 minutes. Break apart and enjoy. Can be stored in air tight containers for at least a couple of weeks ---but ya'll in my house it won't last that long.....

This container was full when I brought it to work this morning......

y3n5qyic15mn.jpg

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yup! I'mma be makin' THAT!!! I think I'd do it with dark chocolate though because I have a STRONG dark choc preference LMAO - or maybe melt rollos? I used to make something like this with regular hard pretzels and sammich 'em with a rollo and "bake" to make lil sammies - this is more interesting ;)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    I have made it with dark chocolate (which I like more too) and it is amazing.....some of my work peeps don't like dark chocolate (WTH:?) so I had to please them........it is so good and you can get super creative with it for sure!!!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    YUM!
    And so glad you're feeling better! You're gonna reach your UGW in no time!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    DITTO to the "WTH" :D
  • jadepearl
    Options
    OMG.. Yumny🤤🤤🤤 Adding dark chocolate will rock big time🍫🍫🍫 I love dark chocolate 🍫🍫🍫 Glad to hear you are back to pink health 👍
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you and your family <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna, we haven't heard from you since before Christmas. I hope everything is ok with you and you come back to us soon <3
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Hi everyone.....I took a much needed vacay and spent time with family and friends, sorry for going MIA!!!!! I am back and will catch up soon.....

I also have to get back on the OMAD train :) after a two week break :).......
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Hi friends,
    Again sorry for going MIA we just kinda unplugged for the holidays. I was off for two weeks and it was amazing. Today, back to "adulting" and that is no fun!!!

We had a great Christmas and low-key New Year and watched lots of football and just enjoyed being home! SInce I love to cook I did a LOT Of that. I even made home-made sushi over the weekend and it was amazing........

Hope you all had a great holiday break and are back on track. I haven't do a re-weigh since the break but will do that Friday after being back on the OMAD train this week as well as the water and biking train :)......Gotta get this last 20ish off in order to be in maintenance soon...

Here are a couple of pics, of the fam. and of me and hubs on one of our date nights :)hexpyleehote.jpg

Looking forward to being on this amazing weight-loss healthy journey with Ya'll... <3

• LiLee2018
    Options
    You have such a beautiful family. Sounds like you had such a wonderful holiday break and it makes me so happy to read it :)

Now... time to kick some butt in 2020!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    YOU GUYS ARE SO FREAKIN CUTE!!!! Glad you tuned out the world for a while, it's good for ya ;)
  • jadepearl
    Options
    What a beautiful family <3 Glad to hear that you had an awesome break :+1: Let 2020 be the year where all of us get to our GW :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I love all the pics especially the couples one, I love date nights <3
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Hi Friends,

Let me tell you coming back to work for a straight five days after being off for two weeks SUCKS like Big time SUCKS......Oh well at least it is finally Friday.....

I did end up weighing earlier this week and then again today and have lost a pound so that is awesome......Totally wasn't as strict as I should have been and didn't spin as much either but I will get there. Water this week has been awesome though!

Weekend we have a football party tomorrow night (Titans vs Ravens) of course my fam are Titans fans......so that will involve lots of food.......So this weekend will be over I am sure but I will get back in the work groove starting Monday.

Happy Weekend Ya'll
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    You enjoy your weekend. Maybe try to fix some lower cal stuff that you can munch on? Either way... you're good! And yay for the pound lost! WOO!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Glad you're still making progress!!! Going back to work is the WORST - especially if you have to actually BE there :( Sorry lovey, but glad everything else is going well!!!