Start Weight:
303 lbs.
Current weight:
268 lbs.
Total lost:
35 lbs.
Meals:
• 1500 cal/day
• 200-300g lean protein (mostly chicken/fish)
• 200-300g carbs (love them loaded baked potatoes)
• Large salad (Bolthouse Farms Dressings are my new religion)
• Side Veggies (depending)
• Dessert (lately have been turning to Halo Top Ice Cream or Noosa Yoghurt)
• Lotsa water and black coffee outside my window
• Everything sautéed in olive oil (Except the salad, of course. Yes, even the potato…)
• Eating between 5-8pm, depending on schedule
Notes:
I decided at one month I was going to start a journal on the group discussion board. I am late. But as with most things in life, better late than never… I feel better in 2018 than I have in several years, and am looking forward to continuing in this eating schedule for the foreseeable future. It is too easy/painless to deny for the given results. I am not exercising at all, and do not plan to until I get much closer to my goal weight, which is as of now undecided. I just wanted my pants to fit better at the onset, but very soon I will need new pants nonetheless. I will try to post regularly, but I am inundated at work presently. I have never journaled, so forgive me if I ramble incoherently, and for my train wreck run-on sentences…

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Congrats! Great progress so far!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Wow this is awesome!!!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Ramble on bandit. You've got something good going on, try to resist tinkering with what's working and let it run its course.
    Great work!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NICE PROGRESS! Glad you got your thread started - for me it helps me be accountable :)
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    This is absolutely fantastic. Huge congrats man!! Keep up the good work and keep posting here to keep everyone motivated. Would you mind posting photos of some sample meals? I am curious to see portion size as i am still getting a handle on it.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    edited February 2018
    So a typical meal for me:
    cmppsa6w31bq.jpg
    Big ol' Steak (I really try to stay away from beef, but mmmm... Steak is good.) (I believe that was around 16oz.)
    Stuffed Portabella (Seconds on that.)
    Parmesan Potato Stacks (Seconds there too...)
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Wow these looks absolutely mouth watering. Do u consume anything with calories outside your fasting window?
  • bandwidthbandit
    I drink water, black coffee, and every once in awhile a Coke Zero. I don't eat or drink any calories outside my window. I did plan a day of 2MAD when I was visiting family, but other than that I have been fairly OCD about weighing and sticking to it. I want to see how powerful this plan is. So far I have been pretty impressed.
  • dkayingram
    Wow the meals look amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing the photos. I have five hours till my OMAD and you made me hungry!!!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    edited February 2018
    Awesome progress! I love the idea of posting pictures of meals. :) I'm looking forward to following your journey. Seems like you've already seen fantastic results... keep it up!
  • mistymeadows2005
    One more and then I really have to get back to work...
    wxb84gesd67c.jpg
    Grilled pork chops, baked potato, and a salad (guess those were pretty obvious...)
    I did a garlic citrus glaze for the chops that turned out pretty amazing though.

One other thing I have learned through OMAD is that I love to cook. I never really tried it before, but I think I don't suck at it. There is a cathartic element to preparing a meal when I know it is the one thing I am going to ingest that day. I take time in the preparation, which makes it taste that much better to me. Cuz I made it with <3 ...

I love cooking too! Almost as much as eating :p:p:p it helps though bc I can still cook for the dam on my fasting days and enjoy that part of food :)
  • bandwidthbandit
    I love cooking too! Almost as much as eating :p:p:p it helps though bc I can still cook for the dam on my fasting days and enjoy that part of food :)

I hear you. My family are pretty boring eaters (compared to me). These past 6 weeks have been pretty tough for them to adjust to as far as my new schedule goes. They are finally on board with it, I think.

In other news, I was in Nashville at another office yesterday, and a coworker who hadn't seen me since before the holidays asked me what happened? It confused me for a moment until I realized he was talking about the weight I have lost. It was funny because it was the first time it has happened. I am looking forward to astounding people this year.

• mistymeadows2005

I hear you. My family are pretty boring eaters (compared to me). These past 6 weeks have been pretty tough for them to adjust to as far as my new schedule goes. They are finally on board with it, I think.

In other news, I was in Nashville at another office yesterday, and a coworker who hadn't seen me since before the holidays asked me what happened? It confused me for a moment until I realized he was talking about the weight I have lost. It was funny because it was the first time it has happened. I am looking forward to astounding people this year.

That's AMAZING! What a wonderful NSV!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Way to go and it is fun running into people you haven't seen for awhile and they say, "You've lost weight"! Keep it going!
  • bandwidthbandit
    I haven't been keeping up in here due to work being unruly this past week. So, a quick update today because I hit 263 when I weighed this morning. That's 40 lbs. since January 1st. I was stoked to have a splurge day (and I have done one each week for the past two.) This seems like a good opportunity. I have already eaten some donut holes (thanks for the idea Bob) and am trying to work out my version of that awesome sounding crab rangoon pizza (thanks Brenda.) I am waiting on a Hawg Potato (Baked Potato with pork BBQ, sauce, onion, cheese, sour cream, and butter.) So, no OMAD today for sure, but I will be back on the wagon come morning.
  • dkayingram
    Congrats, sounds like you are doing awesome!! Keep it up!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I love those taters! I might actually make that for Nikki tonight for dinner, since I happen to still have pulled pork left! :P
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That Hawg Potato sounds like something I would really enjoy. I may have to add it to the menu real soon.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I can't wait to see a picture of that pizza when you make it :)