OMADon - 2018

Options

Replies

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being 40 lbs down since January! Your progress so far has been remarkable. :) Looking forward to celebrating more of your successes!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have been slack this past week as far as measuring/counting calories until today. I have been heavily involved in a project at work which just ended, but took up every waking hour since last Wednesday. It feels so great to have it behind me though. I ate atrociously throughout the week. I was working 16-18 hours a day, and don't even remember what I ate for a couple of those days. (I was going to track, but that idea quickly fell by the wayside.) My schedule was also really messed up, and that definitely didn't help matters. I have determined that I need to try to keep some semblance of a normal sleep/wake cycle to be able to stick to OMAD. Being awake for so many uninterrupted hours made me ravenous, as well as being stuck away from home and not being able to prepare foods which were satisfying.

Anyway, I am back on the wagon and finally got some much needed sleep last night. I had a great meal today, and am planning the rest of the week. I was thinking the next time I have some project work coming up, I should pre-make several days meals, and bring them to the job site. That may help some.

I haven't weighed in this week. Maybe tomorrow, but I have to get up at 3 am to drive to Nashville so... Maybe not.

kvcbnclqjt0s.jpg
    Crab Rangoon Pizza I made two weekends ago. Delicious.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That looks so yummy
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Pre planning your meals will help for sure, you got this :)

That pizza looks so much like the one I had from the restaurant, yum!!!

• jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That pizza looks so good.
    And I think that plan could definitely help. Live happens and things derail. The most important part is to get back on and not let a little derail throw you completely off.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    OMg looks so good right now. I need to make it soon!!!
  • bandwidthbandit
    Options
    Well I am officially back in the OMAD Club. Yesterday and today both went incredibly well. I have to admit my wife found and prepared tonight's dinner recipe, and it was stupendous!! (I had seconds on the wraps because they contain all of my favorite things.^^)

3504ypvo2sc0.jpg

I am starting to look for "no-cook" OMADs that I can use when I will be working crazy hours, or stuck on a job-site during my OMAD window. Any good suggestions?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep makes it very difficult for me to do the OMAD. Just get back at it. Good luck!
  • bandwidthbandit
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nothing really to update. I just had a couple of minutes between meetings today and thought I would post some recent meals...

1ygrdiayoluf.jpg
    Seared Tuna steak with homeade yogurt slaw and lemon-pepper avacado salad

crq4qkziixy1.jpg
    Jalapeno Siracha Tuna cakes with French Bread (there was butter involved as well...)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Well I am officially back in the OMAD Club. Yesterday and today both went incredibly well. I have to admit my wife found and prepared tonight's dinner recipe, and it was stupendous!! (I had seconds on the wraps because they contain all of my favorite things.^^)

3504ypvo2sc0.jpg

I am starting to look for "no-cook" OMADs that I can use when I will be working crazy hours, or stuck on a job-site during my OMAD window. Any good suggestions?

Can you pre cook your meals? Maybe make some pasta salads or chef salads and add the dressings at work, or you could make some meat and cheese roll ups.
  • blambo61
    Options

3504ypvo2sc0.jpg

Can you pre cook your meals? Maybe make some pasta salads or chef salads and add the dressings at work, or you could make some meat and cheese roll ups.

I eat peanuts if I'm stuck at work and didn't bring anything. They are in the snackbar is is about the only non-sugar thing. They have a lot of cals but they satiate quick and overall I think I keep the calories reasonable with them and I don't spike by blood sugar/insulin like I would with the other stuff there.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I love tuna steaks! When I lived in California, I would go tuna fishing about twice a year and we would eat a lot of tuna. I never got tired of it. We would sear it, deep fry it, smoke it, and bottle it! We would have it for dinner about twice a week and I would eat the bottled stuff every day for months straight and never get tired of it (had to cut it to fit in the bottles, not that shredded stuff you buy at the store).
  • bandwidthbandit
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I love tuna steaks! When I lived in California, I would go tuna fishing about twice a year and we would eat a lot of tuna. I never got tired of it. We would sear it, deep fry it, smoke it, and bottle it! We would have it for dinner about twice a week and I would eat the bottled stuff every day for months straight and never get tired of it (had to cut it to fit in the bottles, not that shredded stuff you buy at the store).

I totally agree Bob! I could live off of Tuna and Salmon alone, I believe. (Although, I don't know about the bottling process.?..) Grilled Salmon is one of my all time favorites, but I have recently found a pretty good source for swordfish steaks locally. The meat has a mildly sweet, buttery flavor to me, akin to lobster. I sauteed some up the week before last and they were all the rage. I miss West Coast seafood almost daily.
  • bandwidthbandit
    Options
    Well, I finally got around to weighing myself and the damage was done from my journey into the sleepless abyss last week. I weighed at 266 (+3 lbs.) after two good days back on OMAD. I was a little disheartened, but my resolve is still good. I thought to myself, "How could I have done so much damage in so little time?" Then I remembered it was by staying awake for 18-20 hours a day for a week and eating nothing but fast food burgers, cold pizza, biscuits, and donuts.

I started looking back over my diary this week, and came to a realizition. I love to eat large quantities of food. (This may be a duh moment for many, but it actually struck me.) I have been eating well over 300-400 grams of protien and several hndered of salad/veggies per OMAD to stay satiated. The end result of this is fine as long as I am keeping all of those grams of food in the lean protien, veggies, with just a few carbs and fats. That allows me to eat a large quantity of food and still lose (and not feel hungry). If I eat a similar quantity of food with far more calories, I end up eating 3000 kcals/day.

I am wondering if I should try to replace absolute quantity with some other metric so I can still have that same sense of satisfation, but begin to slowly decrease the overall amount of food I intake. That being said, I also wonder if it matters at all? I am satisfied with the way I am eating now on OMAD, and the only time I run into trouble is when I cannot plan those meals ahead of time. No one can jam in the food/cal like I can...
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    If you can you can try sticking to the one plate rule. Fill your plate up, eat it, and be done.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Well, I finally got around to weighing myself and the damage was done from my journey into the sleepless abyss last week. I weighed at 266 (+3 lbs.) after two good days back on OMAD. I was a little disheartened, but my resolve is still good. I thought to myself, "How could I have done so much damage in so little time?" Then I remembered it was by staying awake for 18-20 hours a day for a week and eating nothing but fast food burgers, cold pizza, biscuits, and donuts.

I started looking back over my diary this week, and came to a realizition. I love to eat large quantities of food. (This may be a duh moment for many, but it actually struck me.) I have been eating well over 300-400 grams of protien and several hndered of salad/veggies per OMAD to stay satiated. The end result of this is fine as long as I am keeping all of those grams of food in the lean protien, veggies, with just a few carbs and fats. That allows me to eat a large quantity of food and still lose (and not feel hungry). If I eat a similar quantity of food with far more calories, I end up eating 3000 kcals/day.

I am wondering if I should try to replace absolute quantity with some other metric so I can still have that same sense of satisfation, but begin to slowly decrease the overall amount of food I intake. That being said, I also wonder if it matters at all? I am satisfied with the way I am eating now on OMAD, and the only time I run into trouble is when I cannot plan those meals ahead of time. No one can jam in the food/cal like I can...

3000kcal/day?? Light-weight! :p If something works just keep at it. Lack of sleep and work stress are my number one enemies also for compliance. Not easy. Just keep going!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I agree with both Tracey and Bob, one plate and be done and get sleep :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    That food looks amazing! I love all those things!

Don't be discouraged...it's all about the journey, not the destination :)
  • bandwidthbandit
    Options
    Well I weighed yesterday, and am back down to 261. (So, a pound down from my spiral into the caloric abyss...) Good to be back on track and looking forward to this week. Got some Tilapia for tonight (looking for a decent low cal fry recipe) and some yummy asparagus. I might try to whip up some more of that slaw as well...

Sleep has also seemed to level out. Working sane hours again does that. I decided it is time to go to the doctor and get checked out. I haven't been in what seems like years, and I'd like to get some levels checked. My bp was running high, and I am supposed to be on medication for it., I can't remember when the last time I took it was... :s

I can taste the 250's and I am headed in that direction. I think I will need to drop a pant size soon. My belt may also be due for an upgrade. I suppose there are worse problems. Good week all.^^

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    That is great! Glad things are getting back to normal for you!