TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of classes at the gym like Grit, spinning, body pump and turbo kick. Went swimming today and that was a nice change of pace.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    miroller wrote: »
    Hello team! I'm new and really excited to be a part of this. The pounds have crept up on me over the last few years (mostly due to wine and sweets) and having 2 children who are 1 and 4 yrs old. My goal is to fit into the half of my closet that's currently too small. And to have more energy. Im joining to keep myself accountable and for the socialization/support of a group which is so important! My biggest challenge is finding time to work out at my gym due to family and work obligations, not to mention I'm very prone to stress-eating and like being lazy. I don't really have an ultimate goal weight in mind, but would like to drop 20-30 lbs and sustain it.

Hi, and welcome! Maintaining a balance between family and work is hard at the best of times, but even harder when you have a young family. Planning becomes the most valuable tool in your toolbox! There are a few other mothers on this team with young children as well so hopefully we can all motivate you, help you reach that balance and keep you accountable at the same time!! Best of luck reaching your goals!
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Also forgot to mention, my name is Mandy. Hello!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    miroller wrote: »
    I'm a fan of classes at the gym like Grit, spinning, body pump and turbo kick. Went swimming today and that was a nice change of pace.

Those are some serious gym class selections, Mandy!
  • VintageGeek42
    VintageGeek42 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..
    I'm Em, originally from London but moved to Shropshire (in the countryside) 6 years ago..

I'm hitting 40 this summer, so decided it's finally time to get myself healthy before it's too late.
    I have been overweight from about 11 years old, and have struggled with yoyo dieting since then.

I have an 18 year old son, a 27 year old husband, 3 small dogs and I run my own business.. life is always a little crazy around me - but it's never dull
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi everyone..
    I'm Em, originally from London but moved to Shropshire (in the countryside) 6 years ago..

I'm hitting 40 this summer, so decided it's finally time to get myself healthy before it's too late.
    I have been overweight from about 11 years old, and have struggled with yoyo dieting since then.

I have an 18 year old son, a 27 year old husband, 3 small dogs and I run my own business.. life is always a little crazy around me - but it's never dull

Hi, Em, and welcome! You are right, your life sounds anything but dull! A looming 40th birthday is definitely a good reason to want to lose that weight and get into shape. I hope this team of "Big Butts" will be a good motivator for you! We will definitely try!!
  • VintageGeek42
    VintageGeek42 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you @HASWLRS
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Drea and this is my first challenge! I’m really excited to join this challenge to keep me motivated on my journey! Since Jan 1, I’ve lost 25.1 lbs!!! I look forward to getting this challenge started go team Big Butt Theory!!! >:)
  • drea2011
    Options
    Starting weight (3/1): 226.9

Current weight (3/4): 229.8- it’s my TOM :( hence the extra lbs. I’ll be back to normal next week sorry guys nothing I can do about it believe me if I could, I would!
  • drea2011
    Options
    I’m blowing this thread up! Sorry but 1 more thing...I weigh in on Sundays.
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Starting weight (3/1):226.9

Current weight (3/4): 229.8- it’s my TOM :( hence the extra lbs. I’ll be back to normal next week sorry guys nothing I can do about it believe me if I could, I would!

• beckaboo0110
    beckaboo0110 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do we post our weights here? I weighed yesterday and need to report in
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    135terry wrote: »
    Hello EVeryone, My name is Terry. I am a 59 year old female and lost about 24 pounds last year in preparation for a trip. I put it all back on when I returned home. I didn't quite make my goal weight which is 135 lbs, (note name 135Terry :) ). I am hoping I can develop new habits that will help me both lose the weight and keep it off. I have also joined the UAC which falls in line with next weeks challenge. Good Luck Everyone. We can do this!

Nice to meet you, Terry. Well, the good news is that you know how to lose weight if you have lost 24 pounds in the past. The UAC and the Mini Challenge (which is on going, BTW, not just for next week) are the perfect tools to help you lose that 24 (and then some) again. Love your user name, which is also your goal. Mine, too. The HASW stands for my goal of becoming a Healthy And Sexy Wife, and then my initials. My husband already thinks I am sexy (he's wonderful!), but I want to feel it, as well. Good luck to you, too, and yes, we can do this!!

Thanks HASWLRS. I love your user name! Much more creative than mine :)
    I think we have a great team with a great leader and motivator. Looking forward to losing weight this month as a group!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Do we post our weights here? I weighed yesterday and need to report in

Good morning, Rebekah. Yes, this is where you will post your weight. Your weigh-in day is Saturday. The challenge runs Sunday to Saturday, with today, the 4th, being the first day. So, on Saturday the 10th you will post your weight here for week #1 of the March challenge.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Drea and this is my first challenge! I’m really excited to join this challenge to keep me motivated on my journey! Since Jan 1, I’ve lost 25.1 lbs!!! I look forward to getting this challenge started go team Big Butt Theory!!! >:)

Hi, Drea, and welcome! I didn't realize we had been assigned two more new players overnight, so I did check to make sure you had the right team, and sure enough, you did!! Congratulations on losing 25 pounds since the start of the year! That is the way to do a new year's resolution!! Yes, you weigh in on Sundays, so you and one other team mate, Kay, will get us started each week!! Don't apologize for TOM. It is what it is and next week will be better!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    One more new team mate to meet. Hello, @Jess_Weatherton4! Pop in with a short intro so we can get to know you!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge Saturday, March 3rd

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 50 minutes on the treadmill, walking and running.

Step total: 14,520
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Welcome to March, team The Big Butt Theory!!! It is Sunday March 4th and the Challenge officially starts today!!! Let's make it great month!!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

@drea2011 Welcome to our Biggest Loser team. I think we are also in the "March Ultimate Accountability Challenge" together. You may have noticed at the beginning of our "Big Butt Theory" team thread here, we do a similar "Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge." So, if you're interested, you can post your "logged, calories, exercise" each day on our team here also. Then our team captain, HASWLRS, posts a weekly "team" winners circle for that mini challenge and one other mini challenge going on with us "Big Butt Theory" team members. Happy to have you on our team. :smile:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    The results are in for February Week #4. Overall, team TBBT came first with a loss of 0.63%!!! We lost 20. 6 pounds last week as a team....very awesome!! Well done, team!!

Overall, @Tracie_Lord came 2nd with a loss of 1.80% and @dechensangmo3 came 3rd with a loss of 1.71%!! Rounding out the top three Big Butts was @katevt78 with a loss of 1.58%. Well done, ladies!!!
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (3/1): 226.9

Hi, Drea! I'm glad to have another brave (or crazy?) soul join me for the Sun weigh-in! We gotta get the week started off right for our teammates!
This discussion has been closed.