Carb count

Options
124»

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Dadof8 wrote: »
    12 weeks ago my A1C was north of 12, Doc told me I had 12 weeks to get it below 8 and loose 30 lbs or he was going to put me on insulin . I went low carb and have averaged 31.2g/day since then. My morning(fasting) eAG for the last 10 weeks has averaged 89.9. I go to get my blood work done this week and have an appointment with the doc next Monday. This morning I was down 30.4 lbs and by my calculation my A1C should be in the mid 5s. Low carb is working for me and I'd encourage you to try it.

Congratulations!!!!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing great!

As for the original post: I shoot for 35G of carbohydrates daily sometimes I track more than others but, I know for me to lose weight I need more protein, fewer grains, and I have to watch my intake of things like dairy and nutbutters. I've kept off the initial weight I lost but I'm now back at it, trying to get another 10 off right now, I know for me, If I'm going to lose weight and keep it off I need to take it in smaller chunks.
  • BeYourBestSelfDeb
    BeYourBestSelfDeb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have only been here a little over a week and delighted at all the comments here. I too have T2D. Was diagnosed in 2004 and put on insulin in 2008. I have been on numerous diets and with the help of my new endocrinologist
    I am on a 1760 calorie diet. He has me on no more than 60g of carbs per meal or 180 per day. I can have less of coarse but that is the max I can have.

Well I was on 300 units of insulin a day. With my dieting efforts I am on about 100-150 units a day. And we are working together with the primary goal of putting an end to my diabetes and not be dependent on insulin anymore. It is possible.

So with that said my recommendation is to talk with your dr. We are all different and manage our diabetes differently. You have to find what best works for you. Best wishes