Getting back on track.

Options

Replies

• madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Dessert: 1 square Lindt 90 w/ 2 tsp almond butter

My kind of dessert!!!!!

Good luck on the sugar detox!! Does this include honey and natural sugars in fruit or just processed sugar? I would have a hard time not eating honey or fruit....
  • eve70
    eve70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Everyone's food sounds delicious! @madwells1 I think you have to go with what works for you, if that's black coffee, then go for it. I've been doing the bulletproof coffee thing for ages, so it's just routine now.

We're going to have chicken too, chicken thighs in the slow cooker with chinese 5 spice/bbq spices and loads of salad. I'm really enjoying the spring produce, after lots of soups and stews.

Yesterday was:
    Bulletproof coffee
    Mid morning espresso with a splash of cream
    Brunch/lunch: cold beef taco bake
    Green tea and some 70% lindt
    Gluten-free/low carb venison sausages with roasted veggies, steamed asparagus, cauliflower rice and salad leaves
    Primal blueprint stewed rhubarb (with grass-fed butter and a little maple syrup) with a little vanilla whipped cream

@curltess033 good luck with the sugar free, I did mindbodygreen's no sugar week last year, it was easier as it went along.
  • madwells1
    Options
    @eve70 -- Your dinner looks amazing!! You technically had me at the espresso, but when I got to the venison and rhubarb, I wanted to come over!

• eve70
    Options
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 ☺ Thanks. I've made a whole pot of rhubarb and froze some and the venison sausages are from tesco's (I'm in the UK), we often have them as they are easy, taste great and are low carb. I put them on a baking tray in the oven with onions and tomatoes to roast. I've been going through my recipes on Pinterest for some inspiration.

@curltess033 dark choc and almond butter, yum!

Thanks for all the inspiration, I'm feeling better for eating better already. My slim fit jeans feel a bit loose today too.
  • curltess033
    curltess033 Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The detox is refraining from all added sugars, but not avoiding things that naturally have sugar in them. It will be a big step in the right direction! I am excited. Lindt 90 and PB is like heaven to me! If I could have that and martinis/red wine in a diet plan, what else would I want? :-)

@eve70 - I can't wait for my jeans to feel better. Still trucking here! I ended up eating some turnip with dinner last night. It was so good but it took me up to the high end of carbs.

Today I've been hungry so going with it, my IF went pretty well yesterday but I"m home all day today and find it harder to not eat, how about you guys?

B: Cottage cheese with sun-seeds and PB, plus broccoli
    L: eggs with veggies
    Dinner: chicken salad with salad
    Snack: string cheese
    I should also mention every day starts with a coffee with 1 tbsp heavy cream =)
  • eve70
    Options
    @curltess033 I eat more at home all day too, also if I'm tired, I have to really watch what I eat . If I'm out and about and busy, I tend to forget to eat. It's still the Easter holidays here, so the kids often want to eat more often than I would.
  • eve70
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

I was quite hungry yesterday, so I had:
    Bulletproof coffee
    Mid morning coffee with a splash of cream
    Lunch: 2 97% gluten-free pork sausages, some leftover southwestern chicken and salad
    Snack: green tea, a little manchego cheese with black grapes
    Dinner: baked wild salmon with low carb teriyaki dressing, steamed veg and cucumber,
    Camomile tea, dark choc and cashews

@curltess033 how's the sugar detox going? I love dark choc and nut butter too.
  • madwells1
    Options
    @eve70, you are doing great---!!!

Me, I have been doing pretty good myself. Today I had:

fruit and hard boiled egg for breakfast
    Made vietnamese chicken salad for lunch (broccoli slaw, shredded chicken breast, cilantro, jalepeno, coconut sugar, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce)
    and for dinner I am going to have pan seared salmon with fresh tomatoes.

Hope everyone is feeling great and having a wonderful weekend.
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 that Vietnamese chicken sounds delicious! We've got friends over for dinner, so I have bbq pork in the slow cooker with a little maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, chinese 5 spice, garlic and chilli (the original recipe has loads of brown sugar and sherry vinegar, so I've massively cut down on the sugar) with probably red cabbage coleslaw, green salad, yoghurt mint dip, veggie sausages for the vegetarian, flatbread for those that eat carbs.

I did go on the scales and have lost the 4lbs I had put on over Easter, which is great as I've still been having more (dark) chocolate than I would normally. I will gradually decrease into next week.
  • madwells1
    Options
    @eve70: Congrats on the 4 pounds!!!

I myself, after only 2 weeks back on my normal eating plan (sans processed carbs, etc) have dropped 5. I tend to gain enormous amounts of water weight with processed foods and sugars. Amazing how much better I feel and how much more control over eating I have when I cut the junk out.

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Catching up with all your posts. I’m liking these food ideas. Asian chicken salad made with slaw is a great idea @madwells1. Congrats on everyone’s losses. Nice to be back on track.

@eve70 yum. What cut of pork do you like and how long do you cook it? @curltess033 your sugar detox is inspiring me. I can avoid sugar most of the time but I haven’t been perfect there lately. When I’m IF-ing (which I’m not officially at the moment) I definitely have to be much stricter when I’m off work and at home. If I’m super hungry I try to eat small amounts of boring foods like a couple of raw almonds to hold me over. It’s challenge!

I just bought the Whole30 Fast and Easy cookbook! I borrowed it on express loan from the library and seven days was not enough time with it. I made a sheet pan meal of rosemary chicken with bacon-wrapped cabbage (amazing!) and a really quick fajita beef skillet over greens.

Up this week: sheet pan buffalo chicken and roasted cauliflower.
  • curltess033
    Options
    Hello everyone!! My sugar detox will not start until 4/22. My children are on vacation this week and my husband and I are going to the capital grille on 4/21. So after that I will be dropping sugar and alcohol. The more I read about it the more I feel like it is hurting my progress even though I don’t drink “a lot.”

I love all the updates on progress it is very motivating!! Will definitely be posting more this week :)
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 Well done on the 5lbs. I think I am similar, as my weight can fluctuate loads. If I feel quite bloated, I tend not to weigh myself (I have scales that measure bodyfat/muscle etc.) as it tends to result in a weird reading.

@wellnesschaser I used pork leg yesterday (uk cut) but we often buy whatever's on special offer and freeze it, I have used pork shoulder in the slow cooker too. I think I put it in yesterday morning and we ate about 5:30pm, so as long as possible. The rosemary chicken and beef fajitas sound great. I love lots of bake in the oven dishes and fajitas are just so easy.

@curltess033 fair enough on waiting for the sugar detox. My children go back to school today, I really wouldn't have attempted it with lots of their Easter chocolate around!

Yesterday's food was:
    Bulletproof coffee
    Brunch: buckwheat and flaxseed crepe (not really paleo but very thin and only 4g carbs), greek yoghurt, frozen berries, tiny bit of maple syrup and aldi's milled flaxseed and dried blueberry/raspberry mix with coffee and a splash of cream
    Snack: salmon jerky and green tea
    Dinner: shredded bbq pork, red cabbage coleslaw, green salad, piece of 74% chocolate and a few cashews

I also did a longer vinyasa flow yoga session, I've been trying to do one or two longer sessions each week, lots of housework in the morning too.
  • madwells1
    Options
    @eve70 You sure do love your chocolate!!!

Great brunch by the way! I need to get back into yoga. I tore my plantar plate about a year ago which stopped me from downward dogging and pretty much all my boxing toe work. Can't wait until it fully heals as I do feel much better after a good long hot yoga session.
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 dark chocolate is the food of the goods
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 most of my post seems to have disappeared! That sounds painful. I get plantar fasciitis, which I have to be careful of and last year had hamstring tendonitis which meant I couldn't do any kneeling yoga pose. I'm making up for it now, though.
  • madwells1
    Options
    So, terrible week!!!

I was doing so well, then had guests come in from all over and hosted for a few days. I didn't eat that much, however I drank a lot of red wine, and took a few crackers here and there.

I don't know if I am just overly tired, or carb crashing because of the wine, but all I want to do is sleep. Need to get back to things....hope everyone is doing well.
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 don't beat yourself up about it, it's easily done. I'm the only low carber in my house, so I generally cook low carb and serve potatoes, rice etc. on the side. Can be hard. Friday was sunny and warm here so I had a Pimm's (summer punch) with sugar free lemonade, amazed how much the sweetener made me crave food! I do try to log stuff like that in the food notes of my diary, to remind myself.
  • curltess033
    Options
    Hi everyone checking in! @madwells1 things like that will happen from time to time. Doesn’t sound like you did too bad either. Just use it as motivation to get back closer to 90/10 for a while.