Replies

• eve70
    eve70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @curltess033 The no sugar, seems to have worked well for you
  • eve70
    Options
    Not sure why I keep losing parts of my posts... I was saying that I am the only primal person in my house, but also the cook, so I often cook primal with some carbs on the side. Last night was steak burgers (again
  • eve70
    Options
    I've updated my app, so we'll see if that works. I try not to ban any food in our house, but cook whole, unprocessed, so last night there were new potatoes on the side, for those 2ho wanted them. My 12yr old says she wants to reduce sugar, so I see that as a good thing.

@SteamClutch I feel the same, I was starting to eat too much of the wrong things. I'm feeling much better now I've reined it in.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    It's great to see new people on here!! Let's keep each other motivated!!
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 It definitely helps me to keep motivated by checking in with others. I had a super busy day yesterday, but really benefited from the extra energy eating primal gives me. I got woken up at 5am by my youngest, did some yoga, had lots of chores to do in town, so including the school run, walked 21,000 steps, quite a bit of that carrying a heavy bag and in a fasted state. I also managed some arm weights/squats/lunges before bed. Normally, I would have felt exhausted, but felt full of energy.

Yesterday's dinner was crab cakes with salad: tinned crabmeat, chives, spring onions (scallions), egg and thickened with a little coconut flour. Fried in coconut oil, it was delicious ☺.
  • madwells1
    Options
    @eve70, you're doing great!!! I need to start religiously doing squats before bed. You give me so much motivation!!!

Hope everyone is geared to have a good weekend.

I am a little tired today and haven't been hungry this morning, which is odd. I need to up my protein for dinner tonight, and am going to have roasted cod and vegetables with a sweet potato.

• eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 I might have blown it by having an ice-cream with dinner today. I didn't feel great after, so that's a good reminder. 80/20. We had roast hake with a "breadcrumbs" topping of milled flaxseed, cajun spice, a little parmesan, herbs.
  • madwells1
    Options
    This afternoon I made fish tacos for lunch/dinner. Topped them with avocado, homemade coleslaw and cilantro-jalepeno sauce.

Yummy!!

@eve70 --- you didn't blow it at all! We all do this from time to time, just jump back to 80/20 90/10 as soon as you can.
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 I was really joking, I didn't feel great afterwards, so that's good incentive. Back to it yesterday, even though I made a low carb brownie for everyone as a bank holiday treat. It's pretty healthy (and so rich you don't need much), with ground almonds (almond flour), coconut flour, hemp protein powder, eggs, cocoa, only 2 tbspns maple syrup for about 8 portions, served with vanilla whipped cream that I mixed with some coconut milk (that was delicious) and berries. Back to 2 meals with a snack and eating 17:7.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I plateaued, and then increased! recently. Looking at my data, I see I lose when I eat basically one meal a day whether it’s midday or evening and that I easily fall into that pattern when following I.F. and low carb/high fat. Weekends are hardest for me because someone is always either eating or asking me to make them a meal all day it seems.
  • eve70
    Options
    @HestiaMoon1 I know what you mean about weekends, my children always seem to need feeding. It's tricky to keep to it when the routine's different.
  • madwells1
    Options
    Weekends are just hard overall for me too. Sometimes in the eating department, but in the actual 'get up and do things and be more active' department.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people that just hates going and doing stuff on the weekend....I need time to myself to unplug from the week. This keeps me more sedentary than I would like. For example, today I only have around 6,000 steps and I during the week I am around 20,000 a day.

I am probably the only person that would rather stay inside on a beautiful Saturday or Sunday and clean my house versus go out and mingle or shop.

This leads me to not eat because I am not on a 'schedule' which throws my whole system off. I need to work on better balance. That's going to be my thing next weekend!!
  • eve70
    Options
    @madwells1 I need to build more activity into my weekends, too. On schooldays, the walk to school and back, morning and afternoon means I clock up nearly 10,000 steps plus whatever else I do in the day. Weekends, not so much. My youngest does a music class, but that's quite near and yesterday, we went and did a treasure trail at some local gardens, but both days were 4,000 and 6,000 respectively. I have started to schedule in a longer yoga session on Sundays, hopefully with the spring and better weather, I will do more walking to unwind as well!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am firing up a Whole 30 starting today, my wife is also joining me (at least in part) she put on 4 whole pounds in the last 5 years and still looks great but me about 30 in the last 3 years go figure, her's is most likely from stress.
  • eve70
    Options
    @SteamClutch good luck with your Whole30. I find my weights fluctuates quite easily, mostly from water/bloating, I think. I'm trying to lower my bodyfat atm, which is within the healthy range, but I could do with lowering it, as it's crept up a bit.

Yesterday was May Bank Holiday, here, so a long weekend. I did quite a vigorous yoga practice and needed to eat breakfast (unusual for me), so had a hard-boiled egg at 10am, a prawn (shrimp) salad at 12pm at a cafe, then didn't eat again till 7pm when we got home, leftover lamb, 97% pork sausage, egg and salad. Trying to walk more on "off" days, I managed 7,000 steps while at the beach, a fair few was up and down a cliff path carrying a heavy load too. I know I'll like notch up quite a bit of steps today, so maybe make it up over the whole week.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yup, movement is key I found out. Even though I remained fairly primal for a few years I stopped daily exercises and the weight started creeping back, I put in between 6000 and 10000 steps a day but because it isn't done in one or two sessions it hardly makes any difference in the outcome. I am focusing on just the food this week but will try to incorporate serious movement in a few days.
  • eve70
    Options
    Each time I have lost weight (fat) it has started with exercise, I think it might be a mixture of increasing muscle mass and adjusting my mental attitude. I'm making all this effort, I'm not going to blow it with my diet, kind of thing. Also, if I'm moving around a lot I'm less likely to be eating! Much easier in the warmer, lighter spring and summer months, I find, as I'm more energised. I do daily yoga, because I love it, but it's not especially fat burning. It does keep me flexible and helps prevent injury. I've tried to really get back to doing weights and resistance exercises as well as walking. Some of my walking is quite brisk/uphill if we're getting to school on time, so I suppose it's all good.
  • madwells1
    Options
    I've been doing pretty good this week. My eating has been about 95% which has made me feel a lot better.

Additionally, I started a new weightlifting program. I haven't lifted 'consistently' for awhile, so this it was about time for me to start scheduling the days in. I did upper body on Monday and my arms are pretty sore today.

The consistent food and the new workout plan (lifting plus usual 30-60 minute walking/jogging sessions) has me sleeping like a baby so far this week!

Hope everyone is well and is welcoming in the summer!

• eve70
    Options
    I've started a no sugar week, this week, so have allowed myself a little fruit but no chocolate or condiments with any sugar or sweetener. I've found I've snacked less and it's more of a reset than anything serious. I've upped my weights this week and have got more energy and been more active, I did lots of heavy duty cleaning/lifting yesterday morning. Well done @madwells1 you sound like you're doing really well.

Yesterday was:
    Bulletproof coffee
    I was so busy my mid-morning coffee ended up at lunchtime!
    Scrambled eggs with lots of spinach, spring onions (scallions), dill and a little feta cheese
    Snack of a few cashews, pistachios and a few black grapes
    Gluten free toulouse sausages with lots of steamed veg and grassfed butter, a couple of strawberries with a little cream
  • madwells1
    Options
    No chocolate @eve70! What is the world coming to? I definitely would have paired it with your strawberries and cream!

Have a good weekend all!