50 Day Binge-Free Challenge

Options
SarahRose35
SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
I'm ready to kick this Binge eating habit and move on to healthy eating (:
Everyday update your status, post on this topic, write in your journal & answer these questions in whichever way you choose!
Stay strong xx

Day 1~ I'm doing this because I love a challenge & I need some motivation to really stop doing this. It makes me feel so out of control and just awful in every way.

QUESTIONS:

Day 1: Why are you doing the 50 day binge free challenge?
Day 2: Post a recent picture of yourself! Don’t body-shame, name two things you like about yourself in this picture.
Day 3: What do you define as a binge?
Day 4: A picture of one snack you had today that you felt was a good portion size.
Day 5: What do you usually binge on? Do you have certain trigger foods?
Day 6: Do you have any fear foods? If so, post a picture of them here. Yep, have the picture on your blog, and try to stop being scared of these foods.
Day 7: Are there specific times of day that you have trouble avoiding a binge? How are you working around that now? (Congrats on making it one week!!)
Day 8: A picture of something that makes you smile.
Day 9: What inspires you?
Day 10: A picture of a time in your life you remembering being really happy. How much does binging affect your mood?
Day 11: What is the hardest thing you’ve had to do? It can be fitness, social, mental, etc.
Day 12: Why do you think you binge? Be honest with yourself.
Day 13: What are you doing to make sure you’re drinking enough water? (This is key!)
Day 14: Do you think your binging is emotional?
Day 15: You’ve lasted OVER TWO WEEKS! How does that feel?
Day 16: Picture of a non-food reward that you enjoy.
Day 17: What have you done so far to keep yourself going?
Day 18: Do a cartwheel, (OR anything else cool you can do physically) and add a photo of it!
Day 19: What is your favorite way to work out?
Day 20: Picture after an intense workout! (Doesn’t have to be from today, but it should be!)
Day 21: Post your intake today. Are you happy with it?
Day 22: Give us a picture of your favorite breakfast!
Day 23: What is your favorite HEALTHY food?
Day 24: Talk about something you did for YOU today – emotionally, physically, etc.
Day 25: CONGRATS! You’re HALF WAY THROUGH! How are you feeling?
Day 26: What has been the hardest part about this so far?
Day 27: Does anyone know about your issues with binging?
Day 28: Picture (if you’re comfortable) of something you’re insecure of, and 5 REASONS why you shouldn’t be insecure.
Day 29: What is the best compliment you have received/can remember?
Day 30: ONE MONTH IN! WAY TO GO! Think you can make it 20 more days? List 3 reasons you want to keep going.
Day 31: Who in your life makes you really happy?
Day 32: Do you strength train/lift weights at all? (YOU SHOULD!)
Day 33: Detailed account of a binge you remember having. Try analyzing your feelings before and after it happened.
Day 34: A picture of some item of clothing you want to buy for yourself.
Day 35: When did your binging start? Why do you think it started?
Day 36: A picture of a time in your life that you didn’t feel good about your body. List two things that you like about this picture now.
Day 37: Do you think it’s possible to be 100% happy with your body? Why or why not?
Day 38: What calms you down when you’re stressed out?
Day 39: A picture of your favorite book.
Day 40: TEN MORE DAYS LEFT! Name an accomplishment in your life that you’re really proud of.
Day 41: Favorite actress or singer and why? Do you look up to this person?
Day 42: A picture of what your pantry/dorm room looks like after 42 days of no binging! Are there foods you’ve been able to keep around that you couldn’t before?
Day 43: List five things that you love about yourself.
Day 44: Do you see yourself as a happy person? Do you think others see you as a happy person?
Day 45: What’s your biggest fear? How can you overcome it?
Day 46: When did you make your tumblr? How has it changed since you first started it?
Day 47: A picture of something you ate today that would have once made you feel guilty, but today you have NO GUILT.
Day 48: The challenge is almost over! List 5 things you’re looking forward to coming up.
Day 49 - Hey, remember that picture you took at the beginning on day 2? Post another one in the exact same pose. Notice any differences? What was your mindset on day 2 vs. today?
Day 50: CONGRATS! You’re amazing :) What are your goals now? Go after them!

Replies

• khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You read my mind, I was just about to make a thread for this! :)

To re-gain a sense of balance in my life that I so desperately need.
    To be a healthy role model to my daughter by the time she is old enough to notice my habits.
    To create a new, healthy relationship with food.
    To break the hold that food and my issues with food have over my life.

We can do this! :)
  • sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)

Binging is the biggest thing keeping me from losing weight. I can plan healthy meals and exercise amazingly, but then (usually come evening) I can easily eat 1000-2000 calories and just not care anymore. The next few days I feel gross and try to make up for it, but a few days later it happens again.

I'm doing it to help my self control.
    I'm doing it to lose weight.
    I'm doing it to never have that bloated feeling again.
    I'm excited for this!
  • giveMEbeauty
    Options
    Defo in xxx
  • khannickwechanged
    Options
    Day 2: Post a recent picture of yourself! Don’t body-shame, name two things you like about yourself in this picture.

I'm going to skip posting a picture, but two things I like about my body are 1. my dark eyes, and 2. my stomach post-baby. :)
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options

I'm also not going to post a picture, I don't do that! I like my arms and my legs from the knee down xD. Does that count? I like my hair I guess too.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    (to get caught up)
    Day 1: I'm in to try to regain control. Right now I'm struggling to get a binge free day here and there.

Day 2: I don't post public pictures but my favorite things are
    My arms. It doesn't take much for them to feel strong and they usually look good.
    My smile. I used to avoid pictures because I was embarrassed of how I looked (weight, clothes, hair/makeup not done). Now I realize if you embrace the picture with a big smile, I am happy with how I look in the picture now matter how unprepared for the picture I am.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    I'm so happy you guys are doing the challenge & we'll get over this!

962906_10151425368630205_359520174_n.jpg?oh=0b1fe68d9d803d435d02c744de5f7da8&oe=520337E2&__gda__=1376003126_40839958f5119c8d14d8733f17ac2f49

This is from last month or so. Even though you can't see them, I love my eyes (: And my Hair I suppose, haha (:

[e] Sorry the picture is HUGE, I don't really know how to resize, lol
  • Alluring72
    Alluring72 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Count me in

Day 1: I binge eat at night and if I get stressed out during the day and all it does is keeps adding pounds to my waistline but does nothing for my self-esteem or soothing whatever it is I am trying to "calm." I want control over this.

Since I am a day behind

Day 2: I also try to minimize pics of myself on-line, especially in a public forum. 2 thing I like about the way I look, I don't look my age and my ankles.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Day 3 Binge definition

The obvious answer is any uncontrolled eating. I have two types of days where I would count it here as a binge.

The snacking binge: all day I make poor choices and lots of them. For example, if I've made cookies, I can eat 20-30 of them over the day. Once I do that, I start eating more of everything else and it just goes on all day.

The frenzied binge: I eat an absurd amount in 2 hours or less. Some times I intentionally buy food while grocery shopping so I can have the food I want. If the food I want isn't available, I go through the other options in the house. My preference is high sugar/high fat things and I will eat things I don't like during this time.

My binges have nothing to do with hungry or needing to eat. Although I don't count things like deciding to have dessert when I'd planned on not having dessert, it is a factor. Usually it is something where I start thinking how much I'd like a food and I know having * a serving* of that food is not a big deal. So I have the serving. And another. and another...

Generally I don't worry if they are less than 1000 calories but I rarely have binges that are less than that.
  • SarahRose35
    Options

Binging for me usually takes place after my boyfriend leaves for the night or I'm home by myself. I have come to the conclusion that I just hate feeling alone. It involves many trips to the kitchen and results in pain and feeling terrible. I can't stop during it either, I'm stuck in the mindset 'Well I already ate 1 bad thing, might as well eat the entire fridge".
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options

Well, I'll just give my last two examples. But it's when I'm not hungry but I feel a HUGE need to eat anyways and the act of eating just makes me really happy. But I feel horrible and gross afterwards.

Last Friday: 1 piece bread, 1 banana, 1/4 cup whipped peanut butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter mixed with honey, 1/4 garlic naan, 2 flour tortillas, 5 taco shells, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 T honey. = 1760 cals

Saturday: White Chocolate protein bar, Cookies and Cream protein bar, peanut butter protein bar, 2 flour tortillas, 1 cake donut, 1 maple frosted donut, half of a jelly filled donut, 1 package chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel bites = 1885 cals.

So those are pretty typical for me, carbs, peanut butter, and chocolate. It's so bad. But I almost 'love' doing it because how good I feel during. :(

TWO DAYS DOWN, 48 to go! :)
  • khannickwechanged
    Options
    Feeling down, as I had a mini binge last night after having an excellent day...on the plus side, it WAS controlled and I DID stop myself at just 600-some calories over instead of 1000 or 2000+, but still...I went over :( I logged it though. Baby steps, right?

Out-of-control desperate eating when I am not even hungry to fill some kind of void. It generally happens when I am lonely, tired, depressed, etc. It is almost always on carb-filled or sugary items, which only amps up the craving for more of those same kinds of foods.
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    Day 4: A picture of one snack you had today that you felt was a good portion size.

Well once again I'm not a picture poster, but this afternoon I'll have a wonderful amazing peach for a snack! (60 cals)

Then for a snack/dessert I'm having one slice of homemade mango nut bread. (125 cals)

NO BINGES YET I"M STAYING STRONG :)

Yesterday I did have an extra piece of mango bread that I shouldn't have, but it didn't push me further so I'm really glad.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Day 4

one of my favourite snacks is a cut up apple with a tbsp. of nut butter. Almond is tasty but peanut butter always feels super yummy. I'm having one with peanut butter right after I do my 30DS today!
  • SarahRose35
    Options

So technically it wasn't a 'snack', but I'm so thrilled about this.
    I had a DELICIOUS bowl of cereal with blueberries & STOPPED at one bowl. Cereal is my #1 trigger food (along with pb) and I haven't had just one bowl while I was alone in a loooooooong time. Yay for Binge-free day 4 (:

2hi9khz.jpg
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Day 5: What do you usually binge on? Do you have certain trigger foods?
    Like a said before, CEREAL. I literally will eat half of a box of chex in one sitting. Peanut butter is also a huge trigger. It's just so good. Ugh, whyyyy.
    I'm trying to include both in my diet in moderation so I can eat them without binging.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Day 5 - trigger foods
    This is a tough one. I'd say my binges aren't triggered by food but behavior.
    My normal binge foods
    Cookies, chocolate, pretty much most desserts , nutella, pancakes/waffles/bagels, Peanut butter and cheese don't trigger a binge but usually I can eat a lot of it. Anything in snack packs whether I like it or not. The less stuff in the house, the more outside my normal binge food I get. I don't like the granola bars my husband takes in his lunch and the only time I eat them is when binging. I will often buy food knowing it is for a binge so I have a food I want.

Some foods (like nutella) I just don't have in the house

Behavior triggers
    - I went slightly off plan at dessert or a party (less than 500 calories) might as well go really off
    - I have a bite/taste of something yummy with the intention of just having 1 serving. If my kids are still eating (so slow at eating)I will take another and another and pretty soon it is almost gone.
    - Kids only eat half of something
    - certain foods I can just eat a lot of. I love cheese (or peanut butter) and crackers. however, it does not fill me up and if I eat what I want, I get to 2-3000 calories within a short period of time. Pancake/waffles is another problem. I have never eaten those until I'm full.
    - I'm tired and lack the energy to prepare food properly even though some of preparing food for a binge takes as much work
    - stuff screws up my plans (sick kids, sick me, moving) or the anticipation of something coming up (both kids had their birthday parties in the last two weeks, we visited 2 sets of family in July). Instead of sticking to my plan as much as I'm able to, I go really off. I gained 8lbs in the two months where we were preparing to move.
  • SarahRose35
    Options
    Behavior triggers
    - I went slightly off plan at dessert or a party (less than 500 calories) might as well go really off

I can SO relate to this. I'll eat perfectly healthy all day, then my boyfriend will decide he wants Sonic, so I'll have a shake, and then after he has to leave I'll eat like 2000 more calories because I figure 'already ruined today'. :/
  • sweetlyybroken
    Options
    Trigger foods -

peanut butter, nutella, flour tortillas. Cookies, brownies, desserts (especially when sitting on the counter..so bad). Ice cream. Used to be goldfish and cheez its but don't have them around anymore. Chewy granola or protein bars. Tortilla chips.

Trigger behaviors -

Walking into the kitchen, always always after dinner. I think I'm just gonna take a quick bite..but nooo.

Trigger emotions -

Bored, sad, lonely, stressed, tense, angry. :(
  • danifo0811
    Options
    day 6. Fear foods

Closest would be nutella. I can have it in the house but if I start to eat it in a binge, I will eat the whole jar. I stopped buying it but it still shows up periodically.