Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Meaty May

kirkor
kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
A friend and I are doing a month of carnivore-style eating in May --- anyone else up for joining us?

I'll cross-post in the carnivore group cy4Ob2o.png

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,069 Member
    Hhmmmm..... I should probably do this again.
  • cricketpower
    cricketpower Posts: 1,435 Member
    I guess it's official! :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    I'll sticky your challenge threads for you when the time comes. :smile:
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    I got a new smoker so bring it on LOL
  • flitabout38
    flitabout38 Posts: 48 Member
    Does that mean no veggies?
  • kirkor
    Does that mean no veggies?

yup
    b23ZyUt.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Well I’m in! Easy since it’s my norm :lol:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I may drop the last of my veggies too. nuts and moderation are a problem for me. ;)
  • cricketpower
    I won't get too lengthy and bore anyone. I'll just say kirkor and I have discussed this a few times over the years, but never actually done it.

We've decided on meat & eggs, but no dairy.

Processed items like bacon, sausage, lunchmeat have not been discussed. I don't eat much of these things anyway, plus I'm looking for a really "plain & simple" sort of reset for my body. I know it's easy to say *now*... but I'd really like to steer clear of ingredient lists, personally.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    I'm in.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    i must have bacon & cheese LOL can do without sausage and lunchmeats ,
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    I did this last year and was thinking about doing it again with one slight change. I think I will start about a week early and end a week early because the end of May is usually when my jalapeño plants start producing. Man, it is hard to resist fresh picked peppers, but I want to get the full 31 days in this time.
  • kirkor
    @cricketpower ya I'd lean towards no cured meats as well

What about coffee?
  • kirkor
    This was linked in the carnivore group, but has everyone seen Marty Kendall's overview of the carnivore diet?
    https://optimisingnutrition.com/2018/03/14/dr-shawn-bakers-carnivore-diet-a-review/

Dr. Baker's average day looks pretty righteous:
    image21.png?w=322&ssl=1
  • cricketpower
    I'm consistently pretty darn low carb this week & feeling good. Sticking with it again.

But I am currently eating string cheese & I think it needs to go for awhile... sadly.

I also love coffee, as you know. It does not always love me. Maybe by May it will be phased out? I don't know. Is there a meat coffee? ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    My main beverage is coffee.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Coffee in the morning, tea all day.
  • cricketpower
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Is there a meat coffee? ;)
    Yep.... it's called broth ;):D

Ha, true! :smiley:

• cricketpower
    On the coffee subject: I am pretty aware of its effects on me. Coffee and I have been frenemies for about 25 years. ;)

I'm not going to decide about that right now. I'm going to continue to listen to my body throughout this process, and not put added stress on myself by insisting that I go without it for the entire month of May.

There are times when I have it (when I'm pretty relaxed) and times when I don't (when I'm stressed). I've read several carnivore articles lately, and what I see is that some people keep it with no problem, and some decide it needs to go altogether. So we'll see.

I do know that my "need" for caffeine, and tolerance of it, is GREATLY reduced when I am eating VLC/keto. I still enjoy a cup of coffee -- but it may be mostly or all decaf.