• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Last week 222.2
    Weight: 219.6

And she's out of the 120's and into the teens!!! Well done, Drea! Not only for the loss, which is wonderful, but for sticking with it when the scales weren't necessarily cooperating!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    My pizza addiction!! Had it 2x this week...just got done meal prepping and tried some new recipes!
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I wanted to start a discussion about struggling, and make it a Question of the Week. I thought maybe we could help each other, as one person's current struggle may be something that another has successfully overcome. So the question is, "What are you currently struggling with right now?" Or maybe you are currently on a roll, so "Is there something you used to struggle with, and if so, how did you overcome it?"

Planning ahead (i.e. meal prepping!) is a great strategy for not ordering pizza when there is nothing else prepared to eat! What kinds of new recipes did you try?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: May Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 198.6
    Current Weight: 191.6

I think your "head" won this week, because not only did you "just do it", you did it with gusto!! Fabulous loss (understatement!!), and way to erase (and then some!) your gain from last week!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Username: katevt78
    Weigh in week: May week 4
    Previous weight: 162
    Today’s weight: 160.8

Hey, Kate...do you have a sore neck from trying to watch those 160's go by in a blur? Great loss, great week, great month....just all around GREAT!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Previous Week's weight: 157
    Todays Weight: 155
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Previous Week's weight: 157
    Todays Weight: 155

Nice loss, and great job on reversing last week's upward trend! Almost completely gone....next weigh-in for sure!!!!
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    "What are you currently struggling with right now?"
    Consistent menu planning and execution. More than that, I don't feel like I have everything as "together" as I would like. It seems like I'm so close. Everything that I need to do to really get on with life is in place. It's just nailing the new habits and living each day to it's fullest just seems to continue to allude. There's days of "brilliance" followed by days of "where did it go?"

"Is there something you used to struggle with, and if so, how did you overcome it?"
    I'm happy to say this list is far longer. So, a few favorites.

1. Stress - I'll just sum a lot of things into that one word and leave it there. I've learned that you can have it all. But you can't have it all at one time. Sometimes even the good stuff that you enjoy can add to current stress and should just be put on hold for a bit. I've learned to eliminate what isn't working, let go more of what I have no control over and save my energy for real stresses that may be out of my control. I've learned that God really does have my back. I've learned that life may not always look like I expected or wanted. But that I can choose to enjoy where I'm planted. I've also learned that the foods I eat have a real impact on how my brain processes my day.

2. Comfort foods - I equate certain foods with happy times in my life. Fried chicken after church on Sunday. MacDonalds like place after church (when I was a little girl) as we drove home on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Chardonnay and the best of the 80s. I've learned that I can't retreat to my childhood happy times with fried chicken or a single with fries. First, the foods aren't the same. They don't taste the same. The fries aren't even cooked in lard anymore! Those times are happy memories, but they are then and this is now. So, for MacDonalds, I gave up on this one because is just doesn't taste the same. As for the fried chicken, I occasionally cook it at home, but I came up with a way that is a little healthier. As for the 80s and the chardonnay, this is the 2010s and I'm continuing to learn to swap out the wine with a glass of Pellegrino with a cherry. The maraschino cherry I have not given up! I just found a healthier brand.

3. Sleep - Understanding how important this is, I go out of my way to be as purposeful as I can. As much as possible, I don't schedule things early in the morning if I don't have to. That way if I have a bad night, I can try to sleep a little later if necessary. Doesn't always work, but helps with stress it nothing else.

4. Food quality - I LOVE a number of highly processed junk foods! Or did. I've learned that I feel best eating mostly non-processed whole foods. As much as possible, I try to eat organic, pastured, wild caught. I have worked on this one for years. But this year, I seem to be nailing it much better. This one has become a part of how I do things. The learning curve is on the downhill side. I'm attempting to do a better job of growing some of my own veggies.

5. Lastly, my head - I can't begin to share how far I've come since 2014! When I began this journey, I had gone from someone that had the confidence to do anything to someone that felt like an overall failure at life. This has been a struggle. But, success by success, and refusing to give up when I've fallen and continuing to make changes in my world, and setting boundaries with friends/family and by watching documentaries and reading books and well...by continuing to put one foot in front of another no matter what... I've begun to find myself again. I know that I matter, that I can still succeed, that my worth doesn't depend on what anyone else may think. I am who I know I am. I love me and God loves me. And now, other's love me again too.

(Apologies for taking a simple question and writing a short book.) :flowerforyou:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @GardenMama129, no apologies necessary! Thank you for sharing. I am sure that this was a bit of a reaffirmation for you, putting all that you have learned down in print. Maybe others will see themselves in some of your points and can benefit from your takeaways.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    @GardenMama129, no apologies necessary! Thank you for sharing. I am sure that this was a bit of a reaffirmation for you, putting all that you have learned down in print. Maybe others will see themselves in some of your points and can benefit from your takeaways.

Absolutely! Some times when I feel like I'm struggling and doing the same thing over and over, I stop and look back and realize how much I've accomplished and that it isn't all reflected on the scale. Did this "look back" just recently, actually. Doing so, helped me feel better and kick it back into gear. :)

• katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 5/21
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 4 mile walk
    Water 103 oz
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    Week of May 20th (Week 4)
    1. Tracking
    2. Calories
    3. Exercise

Sun: Yes, Yes, Yes (2 hours gardening)
    Mon: Yes, Yes, Yes (1.5 hours gardening)

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 5/20
    Exercise: 90 min yoga, & rest day.
    Steps:7767
    Water 128 oz
    W
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    May 21
    Tracking- yes
    Under calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 20 min walk)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight: 158.5
    Todays Weight: 155.0

5/21
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise 28 min Total Body Fix
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight: 158.5
    Todays Weight: 155.0

5/21
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise 28 min Total Body Fix

We all knew your little "up" from Mother's Day weekend was going to be temporary, but when it came back down, it took some nearby ounces with it!!! Very nice loss last week!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message for all team members:

@HASWLRS.
    @drea2011.
    @primekayprime.
    @GardenMama129.
    @katevt78.
    @makhe1224.
    @MelsLeanDream.
    @thedestar.
    @karynclarke.
    @miroller.
    @Nicoletime4me.
    @Coheednkimbria.
    @murdog3t.
    @okalex.
    @Tracie_Lord.
    @lolakinks.
    @mari_moulin.

This is the last week of the May Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the June Challenge challenge.

The June challenge thread is:
    TEAM: THE BIG BUTT THEORY (June) ( https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10668879/team-the-big-butt-theory-june#latest )
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or Ashley (@AB0215) or Craig ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 5/21

Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation, .6 mile walk day 29 jump rope challenge, legs @ gym with son
    Steps:15937
    Water 128 oz

• hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    May 3rd week weigh in:
    Previous weight: 175.0
    Todays weight: 174.0
    Going in the right direction now. Yeah!!!

Hey, Marsha, we have you down as a Monday weigh-in. Are you weighing in early intentionally? I already have your weight for week three entered. I can put 174.0 in for Monday, the 21st if you would like. or you can wait to weigh-in then. Just let me know what you want to do.

But yes, you are going in the right direction!!!!

Oh Sorry. I am in another group and put the weight down on Saturday. Yes please put this weight down for Monday the 21st. Thanks a bunch. I will continue Monday weigh ins.

If you would like to change your weigh-in day for the June Challenge, so you only have one day to remember, that can also be arranged!

Yeah if we can change my weigh in day to Sunday. That would work for me. Thanks.
  • hippienana
    Options
    Mini challenge 5/20
    Calories: yes but up on my carbs a little
    Exercise: 3301 steps
    Water: 40 oz. getting better
  • hippienana
    Options
    Mini challenge