MAJOR UGH

Options
ConleighS
ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
Well. I thought I would share with you all They found a 2” tumor on my pancreas. Adenocarcinoma. Early stages. Does not appear to be in liver or lymph nodes. I have referrals to go to UCI medical center cancer center for treatment and surgery. Not sure what is going to happen but trying to stay positive. Thanks.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Yikes! That is scary news. The uncertainty has to be very unsettling.
  • amyfrogred
    amyfrogred Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a scary diagnosis. I'm glad you are going to a great place UCI is a great place. I went there in 1997 for some genetic testing when I was pregnant with my first child due to some family history. They where so nice and helpful. Thank you for sharing with us.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    Yikes! That is scary news. The uncertainty has to be very unsettling.

Yes it is. I already have appointments with surgeon and oncology. Getting it done.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    ((hugs))
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    Any updates?
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Just had ct done yesterday. Have follow up with surgeon and oncology next week, unless they move me up. Just wait for results and go from there. Looking like I will be able to have the Whipple procedure.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    The Whipple seems to be common enough. It is like knee replacement I think. They have done them for a long time and have it figured out. Blessings...
  • ConleighS
    Options
    The Whipple seems to be common enough. It is like knee replacement I think. They have done them for a long time and have it figured out. Blessings...

UCI does more than 60 a year. I’m in great hands. Thank you. Post surgery life is a lot like having gastric bypass
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, hang in there
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    ((Hugs again))

My MIL just went through the whipple procedure. They're getting it down to an art form now. I wish you the best.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Off for chest ct tomorrow. Tumor is pressing on veina cava so have to have chemo and radiation first.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Told today I am not candidate for surgery “at this time” because of where tumor is pressing on blood vessels. Told I have to have biopsy on 2 lesions found on my liver before can start chemo, May be able to get into a clinical trial. Will know more Thursday.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    It sounds as if they are still sorting out exactly what is going on. There is a lot of uncertainty and waiting for you in all this.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    It sounds as if they are still sorting out exactly what is going on. There is a lot of uncertainty and waiting for you in all this.
    That is the worst part.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    ConleighS wrote: »
    That is the worst part.

I can believe it. There would be a lot of comfort in concrete information.

• nvmomketo
    Options
    :( Waiting is hard.

My MIL had an inoperable tumor on her pancreas, due to its location. She treated herself gently, and went through the chemo. The tumor shrunk and she had the whipple procedure. As of now, they can't find any more tumors.

And this is after they had her wait a month or so to start any treatment. Hang in there.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Thank you all. Met with oncology today. Am scheduling to start chemo in two weeks. Have to schedule biopsy tomorrow and depending on what it shows will determine next step.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Good luck!
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Update: did not start chemo as scheduled. A clinical trial opened up that same morning that my dr wants me to be in and do going through screening now. If all goes as planned we will start first week of July. Right now tumor is still localized and I am feeling good, except for a brief but painful bout of pancreatitis last week
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Sounds like your doctor is really looking out for you. :)