Me vs. the Binge -- May 2018 Challenge

Options
lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

The objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than “The Binge.” One day at a time.

Current month 2017:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    May 1, 2018
    Me: 1
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 2
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    May 2

Me: 2

Streak: 2
  • Joy_n_Almonds
    Joy_n_Almonds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    May 2018
    Me: 1
    Binge: 1
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    May 2, 2018
    DBF: 3
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    DBF: 1
  • Joy_n_Almonds
    Options
    Me:2
    Binge:1

• lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    May 3

Me: 3
    Binge: 1*

Streak: 0

Stress/relief ate after coming home from the hospital for my dad last night. He had a minor setback but should be good to go again with his post-stroke rehab.
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    May 3, 2018
    DBF: 0

I know the triggers that caused last night's fiasco. I am trying to stay positive and keep going, but, if I am being honest, I am struggling hard with this right now.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    (hugs) @Llamapants86

I can't coherently put better words together, so sending all the supportive hugs to you and all struggling. (HUGS)
  • Joy_n_Almonds
    Options
    Me:3
    Binge:1
  • Joy_n_Almonds
    Options
    Disordered eating is such a real struggle. What I know that we can do is take one day at a time! Someone said (i dont remember who) that there is only one day of the year that we have control over and that's today, not yesterday or tomorrow.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    @Llamapants86 ((positive vibes your way))

May 2018
    Me: 6
    B:
    DBF: 166
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    May 6, 2018
    DBF: 3

Thanks @brittdee88 and @KnitOrMiss

And YAYYY way to go @brittdee88 you are doing amazing. I was so glad to see you made it to (and passed) the 150 day mark.
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    May 7, 2018
    Me: 6
    DBF: 4
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks so much, @Llamapants86! Congrats on another DBF!!! One day at a time :)

May 2018
    Me: 7
    B:
    DBF: 167
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Me: 8
    B: 0
    DBF: 8/8

New here; long time ago had bouts of BN/AN (lowest around 145lbs, 6'0) during early college after a childhood of drastic weight fluctuations (140-210lbs, roughly same height during). Didn't escalate to seeking medical help because I knew what I was doing was wrong. Got more into weight lifting & eating for purpose (stable for around 10+ years now).
  • Arya91Fire
    Arya91Fire Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was doing well for a little while, and than I went to the doctor and had gained a lb. So I've been binge eating for the whole month of May so far. so Me- 0 Binge-8

I really need someone who can help me be accountable to myself because I do not have the motivation I did the first time around.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Welcome, @Keto_Vampire :)
    @Arya91Fire sorry about a rough start to the month, but you can absolutely turn it around. Posting here daily has helped me tremendously!

May 2018
    B:
    DBF: 168
  • Llamapants86
    edited May 2018
    Options
    May 8, 2018
    Me: 7
    DBF: 6

• LoniAshton
    LoniAshton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm only just now seeing this challenge so I'm a bit behind but from my food logs I can see where I am.

DBF: 8