Weekly Post 7.5.18 to 13.5.18

mamainthekitchen
mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
edited May 2018 in Social Groups
Hello! Hope everyone had a great weekend! It’s well into May now... flowers are being planted here so the year is moving along .... cheers to a great week ahead!!!!

Are people struggling??
I know I do!

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Oh I’m heading to bed early tonight Mama - so that I can stay on track today. I really really want to eat more tonight. And if I stayed up reading or something I would give in to the eating!! ((But I’m not gonna).

So struggling- yes, I sure do even still. Not all the time, mind, some days it is smooth sailing. But it has been VERY hard the last couple of weeks.

Add to that, I’m thinking I want to lose 5 more pounds as a buffer (It messes with my head to see a ‘overweight’ BMI no matter what size or other indicators confirm I’m at a nice healthy weight) so I’m thinking of going back in strict diet in June (even tho I really don’t want to go back to even more pitiful calories- lol)

But, 1 light day in the bag for the week! Yay. I always find myself more motivated to get the second light day done, because I feel I’ve wasted the first light day if I do not do the second one.

Sending warm and supportive thoughts out to all!
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    We finally got some summer - the last 3 days we've had sun and warm weather....of course that means icecream, and as that's one of my major nemesises when it comes to food I've just accepted that I'll probably have one when the kids do, then I'll walk some extra kilometers to make up for it:)

So yeasterday I ended up at 680 calories..and walked 10 km. I didn't struggle or even felt a lot of hunger, because I was looking forward to the icrecream all day. It might not be a perfect fast day, but this way, I dont feel like I'm on a real diet, so I'll not drop the 5:2 because it's too hard
  • ryenday
    The scale is so frustrating! From Saturday to today a 5 pound swing (down thank heavens) but still how does anybody ever have a good idea what they actually weigh?!?

I’m decided upon dropping 5ish more pounds so that my fluctuations can be between 135 and 140. That should keep ‘regular’ weight fluctuations well enough under the BMI overweight and hopefully keep me satisfied and my head untroubled. Lol. I knew I had not really gained 3-5 pounds last week but that scale had me obsessing. Back to a normal/happy weight but I really need to make my current weight (140) my MAX, not the middle of my maintenance.

I’m repeating myself huh?

Light day yesterday went well. Actually kept completely within the 500 instead of pushing 600 like I usually do. We have a celebration party for my niece graduation of college this weekend, and then a Mother’s day dinner Sunday , so I’m going to try to be extra sensible today and tomorrow between light days.

I don’t go crazy at these parties or on weekends, but I want to be able to enjoy a full meal without being a calorie counting/weighing nut in such social situations. So I have to be a bit ‘nutty’ during the non-social week, lol!
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited May 2018
    Hi all.... ryenday, heading to bed early is one of the keys to successful weight loss so good for you!! I’m with you on that idea!!! Also how tall are you?? You are the weight I wish I was... I’m 5’6” and 160lbs but I don’t weigh myself. I go by clothes and measure waist. Two summers ago I had a 29” waist!!! Now I don’t, so I refuse to measure until I feel a little thinner. Motivation enough, but easier said than done!

Had a good fast day today so I’m pretty stoked! I filled up on avocado having half with lunch and the other have with dinner... low carbing and reading about keto, not sure if I can swing that type of eating 7 days each and every week in my house with a family. My son wants me to bake an apple pie tomorrow!!! Uhhh!

@rikkejohnsenrij glad you’re enjoying some warmer weather this week! I too like ice cream... well really, unless you’re lactose intolerant, who doesn’t! I found using and ice cream cone (50 cals for the sugar cone) and then don’t pile it sky high... measuring out a half a cup seems like a huge treat, but if I put it in a bowl I over fill... literally to the brim!

Hoping our Meghan is having a blast!!!! She deserves a nice break!!

Cheers people!
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    @ryenday I weigh myself every monday morning after going to the toilet. I use that day because it's as far from a fastday as possible (I fast monday and wednesday)...sometimes I have gained over the weekend, but looking at the trend since january it's definetely going downwards.
    If it depresses you, you should get one of those weight trend apps, I suppose.

• ryenday
    I’m a shade under 5”4. So My weight is currently hovering right around the BMI normal/overweight line. I hate being short.

I do t understand the weight trend apps, Hapoy Scale, the one for the iPhone seems to be useful for weight loss but not weight maintenance, imo.

Light day again on Thursday.

Great week to all!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Hi gang!
    Popping in to say hi! Been having really nice weather and lots of fun, as well as relaxing. B)
    Today is my birthday! Nice to be on vacation for that. :#
    I will see if I can post a pic for you all. See you guys soon. XO
  • ryenday
    edited May 2018
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY @meghan509

Hoping your vacay is a blast!
  • mamainthekitchen
    ahhh... Happy Birthday Meghan..... what a terrific way to spend your birthday!!!

Hubs & I were invited out for dinner tonight.. fish & chips, except I'll sub for the garden salad, which this particular place makes a fantastic garden salad! Then I'll have a fast day on thursday with you Rye! We got this!

5'4" is not that short really.... and I'm remembering your pics... awesome!!

Sending positive fasting vibes to you today rikkejohnsenrij ..... we really need a mick name for you ;)

had a really good 4k walk yesterday.... besides my dog walk, and forgot to log them, in fact I'm forgetting to log most of my walks lately!! I'm listening to good podcasts though.... if you listen to podcasts when out walking like me, I'm currently listening to Dr. Berg's healthy keto & intermittent fasting... he has another one too. This, inbetween the unsolved mysteries and gossip sites! haha... it really helps you get around the block, if ya know what I mean :#

Hey Kate! how ya doing?????
  • mamainthekitchen
    ** nick *** or is it.... nic name....
    :#B):D:*
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi all i had started creeping back up the scale so needed to pull myself bsck. I have had a lot of training so means i'm sat down and chips and sandwiches are supplied.
    I had my first fast day in a while today and felt the stranger to hunger was back to see me. However now it's done as i go to bed it's helped motivate me. As i noticed the more i eat the more i want when i've actually managed ok with a complete ban to a sweet treat...yet i have one and my taste buds get excited.
    I'm watching a documentary on obesity which shows how being over weight has a level of acceptance that it is normal and expected. I think i use this view having lost weight and looking around at others which promotes the sod it aporoach. Anyway trying to get my mind on track good luck lich all.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
    Hey, all! I am alive... barely. Good news is, thanks to the stomach bug I had/have, I have been fasting since Monday. :/ Six more alarms with kids and then summer! I finished up my classes that I am taking for this semester last Saturday.
    Wishing you all the best of fasting luck!
  • ryenday
    Fasting Thursday here we come here. I’m actually all discombobulated because my boss asked me to work at noon tomorrow - so I have to readjust my plans. But, it WILL be a successful fast day!

:)
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited May 2018
    Great work on your semester kate! ... can hardly believe it’s that time of year again. Having the flu is kind of a blessing sometimes, hope you feel better, glad you checked in!

Sjgold, recognizing you needed reigning back in, is proactive! Good for you!!! watching documentaries or even YouTube (which I’m watching too) is really helpful to get your head space back where it should be. If only we had time all day long for that!!!!

I’m with you Rye!! Let’s get ‘r done!!!
    I’m planning to get fresh mint tomorrow for ‘mint water’ .... delicious!!

The restaurant we were to visit tonight had a fire! So no fish & salad! Ate appies of chicken wings and dry ribs-very keto like dinner until I got home to dig out Christmas cake from the freezer!!! Argh! I logged it at least!

Let’s keep at this... sending positive vibes to all those we miss here....

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Hi all! Been a busy week and had a major 5:2 spill on Tuesday. I just could NOT stop eating. Not sure what was going on. Probably a combo of being stressed out and applying for a job I really want. Not overeating would be easy if it wasn't for all the stuff going on in my head. :# Hoping all the extra calories won't be too damaging. I have firmly rededicated myself to 5:2 knowing that it is way better than overeating.

Took my blood tests today for my physical next week. So hoping my triglyceride level will be normal again.

Glad to see all of the chatter going on here.

@mamainthekitchen - thanks for kicking us off this week. You are doing so well getting your fasts and walks in. For me, getting the two fasts done is 3/4 of the battle. The 5 regular days are easy-peasy in comparison. I LOVE my podcasts. I think I would have killed myself at the sink, probably drowned my self in the dish water :D, if it weren't for my podcasts. If you like stories, two of my favorite ones are Snap Judgement and The Truth (through Radiotopia). Really great story telling going on!

@ryenday - Glad to see you are choosing rest over eating. We don't often talk about it here but getting enough rest really pushes the cravings back. Sometimes I eat because I am looking for comfort from being tired instead of just going to bed. Crazy. Congrats on your 5 lb loss! Great way to go into a weekend.

@rikkejohnsenrij - So good to get those sunny days again. Don't know what part of the world you are in but it feels so good after a long, cold winter. I hear you on the ice cream! Yum! Life without ice cream would be bleak. :'( I also know that there are recipes out there for ice cream made with frozen bananas. Mix in some chocolate chips and I think you would have a nice ice cream at half the calories. Not as a substitute for ice cream but a lower calorie choice if you want it.

@meghan509 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it was a nice celebration in the D.R.

@sjgold123 - Hope you are doing ok. One day at a time. Glad to see you are working things through.

@KateNkognito - So sorry you picked up a stomach bug. Not fun at all. At least you don't have school on top of it. Hope you feel better soon, sweetie.

On my second fast day. Chugging along. Looking forward to the weekend. Have a great day all!

• mamainthekitchen
    I'm fasting today... I'm fasting today, i'm fasting today.....this is the chant in my head!! I also set it on my phone as a reminder!! had a 5% yogurt at noon... heading out for the dog walk now and hoping I'll just forget about the fact that I'd really like a ______________ fill in the blank! :#

Great to hear you're proactive on your health jknight, sending good vibes for you appoint. Thanks for the suggestions on podcasts... I'll be checking that out for sure... I listen while doing housework too! Love them! Have you heard Serial?? the one about the teenager and his girlfriend?? omg... so well done!

Almost the weekend - where did the week go already?? Mother's day on Sunday and it's suppose to hit 27C!!! Guess it's bbq time!

have a great day all!
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi all thank you for your encouragement. Things sound well for everyone getting fast days in. Happy birthday Meghan!
    Get well soon Kate it does set you back x
    Well done on your loss ryenday i go to bed too when snacky funnily enough i don't wake up hungry!?
    Been there Jknight when i go crazy i go crazy for the sweet stuff, good luck with your bloods x

I did my fast day...and survived but my husband is lucky he did!! Lol I get incredibly moody come tea time feeling stressed over not a lot all then my husband points out i'm hangry! Hungry and angry lol.
    Anyway i'm back in the game as i'm getting back to the thought of one treat a day and a mini cadbury's oreo ice cream is around 130 is amazing!
    I brought a new pair of shorts and have dropped 2 dress sizes so i've got to be impressed with that but sometimes the camera isn't kind and it really is hard to see the progress so i've sorted and donated all my bigger clothes. i think mostly i need to tone so downloaded a tummy app!
    I've upped my exercise which is difficult to do as for some reason being a mum of 3 i struggle giving time to myself sometimes. I've done 2.5hrs walking today.
    I've also got hubby back on track as doing it together is a massive contributor to progress.
    Any way i could talk about sugar discoveries because i've been shocked the content in relation to calories is baffling but i'll leave that til next time. Ha ha x
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    @mamainthekitchen - Yes, I have heard about Serial but have not listened yet. I will have to check it out.

@sjgold123 - loved your post. I can see how you are working this all out in your head. Would love to hear about your sugar discoveries. Definitely my weakness.
  • ryenday
    Busy crazy frustrating day. BUT 5:2 fasting intact!!!

Busy helps with fasting.

Crazy and frustrating don’t!

But we have a nieces college graduation on sat and the relatives on Sunday so I’m going to be doing plenty o eating this weekend! Looking forward to a normal weekend helps get me through Thursdays.

Must Fly
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Hi gang!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! <3 This week has been relaxing and fun!
    Definitely looking forward to getting back on the wagon with 5:2 when we are back. Lots of food being consumed this week! :o
    Have a good rest of the week and see you soon!
    XO, Meg