Weekly Post 7.5.18 to 13.5.18

Options
2»

Replies

• SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm going to give 5:2 a try. Yesterday was my first fasting day. I did 600 calories.

Is it all right if I join you all in this group?
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Leeg5656 !!! We have new weekly posts starting each Monday... keeps us fresh, saying goodbye to the previous week! Congrats on your 600 cal day!

Well done Rye! Way to conquer the day! Enjoy the fun you’ve got planned on the weekend!

I had a good fast yesterday except 200 cals extra for something I shouldn’t have had... so winding up to about 730 cals.. I’ll take it! I bought some new wraps at the store called “protein up carb down”. At 18 carbs a piece, it was pretty good! I don’t normally have sandwiches anymore, and the wraps I make my kids are 33grams of carbs per piece, so quite a difference! For a regular day of eating I thought I’d try it.

It’s a gorgeous day here, hope everyone enjoys their Friday!!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Weighed in a little higher this morning, .4 lbs. Not surprised after my tumble off the wagon this week. Grateful it wasn't a whole lot more!

The good news is that my lipid panel and my A1C (diabetes) both came back normal!!! Last year my triglyceride was elevated and my A1C said I was pre-diabetic. I am SUPER thankful. I owe it all to my husband who patiently encouraged me to try a healthier road, to God who changed my heart, and to the weight loss I have experienced with 5:2. <3

@Leeg5656 - We welcome you! This a a wonderful group to get started with. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. And if you haven't already, I would encourage you to watch the Mosely documentary we have featured on our main page. It will give you a lot of good information about 5:2.

Have a great weekend all!
  • jknight001
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen - I was looking at my podcast app and realized I am subscribed to Serial. Duh! :D I just haven't listened to any of the episodes yet. I think that podcast has a connection to This American Life?
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I’m awake at this hour because my dog is sick and I’m sleeping in my laundry room!! She needs outside every hour on the hour!! So thought I’d play on my phone... thank goodness for foam mattresses!! @jknight.. sounds like me! I’ve downloaded things I’ve already deleted! The Serial case about a boy named Adnan... the reporter/narrator is so good!!
    If anyone else does walking and needs a little motivation.. podcasts are awesome!
    Oh my poor dog.. gotta run!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day all you sexy mamas!
  • SpanishFusion
    Options
    Today is my first official week on 5:2. I tested it Thursday and found I could hold off eating until about 4 pm so I had a small snack. When I got home, I ate a regular nutritious meal. Does anyone else wait until dinner to eat their main calories? What I know about myself is that I don't need breakfast. When I skip, I don't miss it as long as I can have coffee. Lunch is a different matter, but I find that it's easier to be hungry in the day as long as I stay hydrated, than it is to go to bed still hungry. I can't sleep if I do that.

Let me know if you think what I'm doing is sustainable and/or your tips, please.
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome Legg5656! I have always had breakfast so therefore i have it when fasting i usually have pikelets at 120 cals for two with marg, or yogurt with fruit for around the same. Then save the rest for tea perhaps chicken, salad and small jacket potato then it leaves space for a small bag of popcorn and cuppa in the eve. Today though my morning was crazy so i had brunch poached eggs on 1 slice of toast then chicken salad.
    It's about figuring it out what suits you best i just find fasting on busy days that i'm around less people helps ha ha
    As i get moody, i have less tolerance for others eating, and i need distracting. Good luck
  • SpanishFusion
    Options
    sjgold123 wrote: »
    Welcome Legg5656! I have always had breakfast so therefore i have it when fasting i usually have pikelets at 120 cals for two with marg, or yogurt with fruit for around the same. Then save the rest for tea perhaps chicken, salad and small jacket potato then it leaves space for a small bag of popcorn and cuppa in the eve. Today though my morning was crazy so i had brunch poached eggs on 1 slice of toast then chicken salad.
    It's about figuring it out what suits you best i just find fasting on busy days that i'm around less people helps ha ha
    As i get moody, i have less tolerance for others eating, and i need distracting. Good luck

Thank you! I was worried that someone was going to order food out and then I would be tempted or just have to smell it!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    @Leeg5656 I skip breakfast. Especially on 5:2 light days, but mostly every day.

In my case if I eat breakfast I’m hungry all day long it seems. No breakfast is just easier.

I try to pick my light days to be the least social days, but if that doesn’t work, I try to save my whole 500 light day calories for the social event. I don’t always succeed, but more often than not I get the light day done.

Like you, if I’m hungry I have trouble falling asleep.
  • jknight001
    Options
    @Leeg5656 - Welcome! The cool thing about 5:2 is the only real rule is the 5:2. :D 5 regular days, 2 light days. No other rules. Having said that, I find for me, focusing on protein and veggies makes for a easier fast day. I LOVE breakfast. Could eat it three times a day. So, needless to say, I do eat breakfast. I split my fast day cals into 250 for breakfast and 250 for lunch. But that is just what works for me. I think lots of water or herbal tea is great for the fast day. In fact, hydration is always a good thing. Like @sjgold123 said, "It's about figuring it out what suits you best". That is part of the fun, tailoring the program to who you are, what works for you.