Good morning everybody,

SW 248.2 (May 24, 2018)
    June goal weight: 228
    May weight: 242.6
    Sunday 06/03: 235.6 (-7.0)
    Sunday 06/10: 235.0 (-0.6)
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:

Going to be on a road the next few weeks, so I feel my goal for the month is to stay on program regardless the numbers that the scale show.
    Although I didn't lose much this week, I can feel my cloths fit a lot better.
  • bbasinge
    bbasinge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SW 01/01/18: 235
    started keto 05/21/18: 222
    GW for end of June: 200

Thursday 05/31: 214
    Monday 06/04: 214.5 (+0.5)
    Sunday 06/10: 212 (-2.5)
    Sunday 06/17
    Sunday 06/24
    Sunday 07/01

Ugh, I picked up a nasty cold this week and had to make an unexpected business trip on top of that which ended up being extended a night due to a weather-related flight cancellation. I'm happy to be home in my own bed, but I'm also happy that I didn't have any trouble sticking to my new WOE through multiple airport meals and work dinners. Things are moving in the right direction!
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SW-283.2(SW for keto 5/13/18 - 294.2)

June Start-283.2
    Sun 6/3-280
    Sun 6/10-279.5
    Sun 6/17-
    Sun 6/24-
    June end-
    Stalled out a little. I quit fasting at the normal 16:8 I was doing early on. Think it's time to get tough on myself again. :s
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Start 2/28 - 184.5
    Current - 161.8 (-22.7lbs) :smiley:
    Goal - ???

Sunday 06/03: 162
    Sunday 06/10: 161.2
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:

Ugh, I've been swirling around 160-162 for the last few weeks. It's frustrating! I was hoping and expecting to weigh-in today in the 150's. I can recognize I haven't been a saint but I've been no worse than when I first started Keto and I seemed to lose no matter what I did. Today I am going to resume week 3 (IF and Keto for lunch & Dinner) of the Ruled Me Keto Guide for beginners and see where that gets me. And, I guess... No Alcohol. But Hey, I feel great and my measurements are still going down.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Date on: 06/03 .. 06/04 .. 06/05 .. 06/06 .. 06/07 .. 06/08 .. 06/09 .. 06/10
    Weight:. 171.0 .. 170.5 .. 170.0 .. 169.9 .. 169.5 .. 169.0 .. 168.0 .. 167.5

Lo carb is working - the scale is declining daily. Had a minor slip yesterday but not enough to trigger overwhelming cravings. Last night my brain won the resulting skirmish when it made my hand-and-mouth ignore the grumbling tastebuds.

Then today I woke up feeling back in the almost effortless "new-normal feeling" of not needing to eat if I don't have to.
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    d_dc_lady wrote: »
    5/31: 159.0
    Sunday 06/03: 158.0 (-1.0)
    Sunday 06/10: 157.8
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:

Been stuck for a month at 157-158 range. Not sure what to do and feeling very frustrated :neutral: I've measured and rechecked my calories/macros, and everything is in order. I've had maybe 2 higher carb (but still in ketosis) days since I stared in March, but no "cheat" days and I use IF whenever I can. Maybe my body is just happy where it's at? I don't know. Any suggestions?

@d_c_lady I know exactly how you feel! My scale didn't move for a month (except up a few pounds when I had a conference to attend). Friday I totally broke though to the 50s before I went out of town for the weekend and now I'm sure I gained a couple. Just stick with it! Increase your calorie deficit for a few days and see where that puts you. That's what it took for me. After this weekend I will have to be patient with myself for a few days until I get back control, but just seeing that 159 on the scale however briefly is a huge boost to my motivation. I know it's easy to be discouraged. I've been there more often than not in this journey. But perseverance is key.
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just this, there are some folks who seem to have gone MIA. I know there are ebbs & flows in the Keto journey and life happens and people get very busy, but if you use to be more active on this 'monthly challenge' thread and you know that you have been increasingly absent as of late, you should know that you have been very important to me and many others on here. You are missed! If you think I'm not talking about you because there is no way that you could have been THAT inspirational to anyone - you are wrong! So, if it's a matter of having drifted off course or more of an overboard situation, there is no feeling shame here. I'm here for The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly! Bring it all!!

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    LOL @4031isaiah! Take that as an sign of things to to come: readings on the scale will become Lo!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    LOL @4031isaiah! Take that as an sign of things to to come: readings on the scale will become Lo!

From your lips (or in this case: keyboard) to God’s ears...
  • Devinpa
    Devinpa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    First day for Keto for both myself and husband. It's difficult finding stuff to make for him for lunch, that is sure. He has lettuce wraps today... I am all new to Keto and am doing tons of reading. I still don't understand how to figure out the correct amount of carbs in food. Counting calories just didn't seem to work for me

Starting weight...and this is the heaviest I have been in 5 years! I feel awful and look terrible!
    I use to walk daily, but due to stenosis and other problems with my back (2 surgeries with no relief), I can not stand or walk for very long. I do use the elliptical twice a week (1 miles is about all I can handle) and strength train, and when I don't do that I TRY to use the recumbent bike.

I am 54 years old, 5'5 / 5'4 1/2 and today's weight is 156!

SW: 156
    GW: 140
    Current goal is to lose 5 lbs and then 5 lbs. One step at a time!

Any help, encouragement, experience, would be GREATLY appreciated.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    @NikkiJRM

I was finally ready to face the music... I got on the scale this morning (as promised) and the battery is low so I couldn’t get a #.

I know it doesn’t sound believable but here’s proof...

ob8ehufcbeyb.jpeg

LOL!! I'm jealous of your low battery situation @4031isaiah and nice pedi! I need to get my feet up to code for lazy afternoons on the lake. :p
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Devinpa wrote: »
    First day for Keto for both myself and husband. ....................................................................................……..
    Any help, encouragement, experience, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Welcome to keto and this thread. I think you’ve stumbled upon a great source of encouragement, inspiration and information by joining this forum. This group has several experienced and enthusiastic keto fans who unselfishly share support and advice.

I don’t know if you are into you tube, but there are great keto sources there. I would recommend starting out with Eric Berg. He has numerous user-friendly keto videos on a variety of subjects involving getting started and staying on keto.

Keto can be a bit difficult and overwhelming to get started. However, in my opinion as a yo-yo dieter for over 40 years, it is an approach that has promise to help me both acheive and maintain health goals.
  • Devinpa
    Devinpa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks stormywxs288! I already messed up! I ate watermelon! Ugh...I love fruit, ice cream and beer! That is going to be my biggest problems. I am taking it one day at a time and as I always seemed to do in the past was if I messed up, I stopped tracking and caring. My hope is to track!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    @NikkiJRM

I was finally ready to face the music... I got on the scale this morning (as promised) and the battery is low so I couldn’t get a #.

I know it doesn’t sound believable but here’s proof...

ob8ehufcbeyb.jpeg

LOL!! I'm jealous of your low battery situation @4031isaiah and nice pedi! I need to get my feet up to code for lazy afternoons on the lake. :p

Ha ha! Thanks! The fact that my toenails don’t grow and its cool enough here that I’m still mostly wearing socks and shoes makes it still look fresh...