JUNE MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• dreamsilk
    dreamsilk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ello :). I'll join, I think it's good for me since I'm almost 3 weeks into Keto and can use the insights.

- started keto 05/14/18 @ 207
    Today 06/01/18: 196
    GW for end of June: 186
    Long term GW: 140 ish? LOL

Update! Monday 06/04 -194.7
    Sunday 06/10 -
    Sunday 06/17 -
    Sunday 06/24 -
    Sunday 07/01 -
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @Lisbydezign welcome back!!
  • dreamsilk
    Options
    Hi you're doing your best! Just curious tho are you planning to stay keto during your festivities?? (vacation etc)

(
    PeaceQT18 wrote: »
    Not sure what my goal will be for June but I am definitely going to try to be in my low :s 170s!

The past week has been a little bit mentally rough for me. I have been doing my strict diet and I have NOT cheated at all and I gained 1.6 lbs. I was so excited :p that I reached the greatest weight loss on 5/28/18 which was at 180.4 and the next day I was up to 182.6. I was SHOCKED :( but I didn't give up or cheat. I kept on my diet plan and this AM I am at 182...
    This is total BS :'( !!! Today I am starting another Keto Meal plan :/ . I wanted to loose another 5-10 lbs by 6/9/18 which is in another 8 days, I am really not sure if that is going to be doable at this rate :( ... Don't get me wrong I am happy :) that I have dropped 15 lbs since 5/2 which has been 30 days but I was really hoping it would've been more... I am going on vacation on 6/9/18 and my birthday is the week after that which I really want to be in the low 170s... Cross your fingers with me :s;) , I will keep ya posted!!!

May 2018
    5/2, SW: 197
    6/1, CW: 182.0 (can't remember ever weighing this much, perhaps in HS)
    June Goal: 170's

June 2018
    Sunday 06/03:
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    @PeaceQT18 You need to try to accept that it took a while to gain the weight and that Keto isn't a magic wand which can make our fat/weight disappear quickly except in the first few days for some lucky people, you being one of them, who loose a lot very quickly at the beginning. This is a biological/chemical reaction where your cells give up the water they have been holding onto while you've been eating a higher carb diet. The flip side of this is also why we who follow Keto find it easy to put on several pounds overnight it seems when we eat carbs we are not used to.
    You have lost a lot of weight at first and now you may just need to accept that it can take a while to loose weight especially where there isn't a lot to loose and you don't actually have a lot to loose. You will end up stressing yourself out and feeling like a failure if you set unrealistic goals. Just remember you have done well and this is a way of eating which has many benefits just one of which is weight loss. Look forward to your birthday and your holiday and just remember you are a lot lighter than you were and enjoy them!
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @chinatowninchina
    I thought about cutting back the calories. I rarely eat more than 1200 in a day and I've heard that if you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and won't give up the weight. I also am quite active with walking and gardening so I always run a calorie deficit. I hadn't thought about just cutting back for a few days.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @cbishop7777 I know and I don't do it for long but sometimes when I want a kick start! Actually I like my food too much to do it for long!
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    @cbishop7777 I know and I don't do it for long but sometimes when I want a kick start! Actually I like my food too much to do it for long!

I also try to run a higher deficit (through less calories or more exercise) when I am in a stall or need a kickstart. But, like you, I like my food too much to do it for long!!!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I have about 35 more pounds to lose, then of course some toning. I will always have some extra sag in my arms, legs and belly. I accept that.

This past week I really didn't feel like logging. I was eating well enough but just didn't feel like weighing and measuring every bite and being glued to my phone app all day. I find it's cyclical for me... I will have 4 or 5 strong weeks, and then I will have a week or two of minor struggles. Then I'll get re-inspired and have another good strong streak. I very rarely break keto, but every 3 or 4 months I'll take a weekend off of measuring and logging... the key is giving myself permission for a brief window (say 1 to 3 days) of TRULY RELAXING, and then getting back to the logging game no matter what...

Speaking of such... I will start logging again tomorrow :blush:

I have no doubt you’ll have the same success with those last 35 pounds that you did with first ONE HUNDRED. Your calm, steady and measured approach to weight loss is impressive. I usually approach weight loss and other problems with the brute force approach. You’ve shown me it is ok to relax and not be so intense.

In fact, the old me would have quit after a 5-pound gain in one week. You and others on this thread have convinced me to own my defeats as well as my success and keto on. I don’t want to turn this thread into a mutual admiration society, but I have to say one more thing about your incredible accomplishment. It is not often we get even a glimpse at how to accomplish such an incredible feat. We are honored you have unselfishly shared with us both the insight and inspiration of how to keto on.

I’ve learned from you that short-term gains or loses are not as important as long-term success. I will probably never quit doing my brute force approach because it is in my DNA. However, you have put some dents in my helmet and tempered my approach to keto. My new goal is to accomplish 52 calm, steady and measured weeks of keto.

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Kudos @db19732018. I am quite certain there is someone watching from above hoping to see you vibrant and healthy again. <3
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    shirli2018 wrote: »
    My NSV for this week: tried on trousers that I bought last year and were a bit too tight to wear in public. I haven’t touched them since then. I tried them on today and they fit perfectly.

@shirli2018 Wear them while they still fit! Sounds like they might be too big soon. :laugh:

• d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    5/31: 159.0
    Sunday 06/03: 158.0 (-1.0)
    Sunday 06/10: 157.8
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24:

Been stuck for a month at 157-158 range. Not sure what to do and feeling very frustrated :neutral: I've measured and rechecked my calories/macros, and everything is in order. I've had maybe 2 higher carb (but still in ketosis) days since I stared in March, but no "cheat" days and I use IF whenever I can. Maybe my body is just happy where it's at? I don't know. Any suggestions?
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    SW - 209.8 (SW for keto 4/15/18 - 206.8)

Friday, June 1 - 188.8
    Sunday, June 3 - 188.4
    Sunday, June 10 - 187.1
    Sunday, June 17 -
    Sunday, June 24 -
    Saturday, June 30 -
  • dreamsilk
    Options
    started keto 05/14/18 @ 207
    Today 06/01/18: 196
    GW for end of June: 186