• hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

DBF:7

@brittdee88 ditto
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I find that the summer heat/humidity combo does in my willpower as much as other bad choice triggers do.

@Nevadaden
    @hillmike56
    @brittdee88
    & everyone else, too!

I hope today is easier for you all! <3
  • hillmike56
    Options
    DBF:8

@knitormiss Thanks for the encouragement as always. It is a hot one out there!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    June 26

DBF: 8.5

As @hillmike56 said, Knit, thanks for the thoughts and the support that you consistently give.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind thoughts, everyone. Unfortunately, I failed late last night. I felt it coming, and I just couldn't stop it. I'm heartbroken.

June 2018

Me: 25
    B: 1
    DBF: 0
    Urge-free days: 0
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @brittdee88

Don't be heartbroken. Do it again!!!! You've already accomplished so much, so just plan to make as many 200 day or however many day streaks as you can. Really? How many of us made it more than 200 MINUTES in the beginning??? That is a 1440% improvement??? I'll take that. Won't you???

200 minutes versus 288,000 minutes????

(HUGS)

P.S. I'm a numbers gal, so these things really do it for me!!!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    @brittdee88

I've been a member of this group for a couple of years or so. Some months I do better than others; sometimes I'm discouraged and don't post, but I always check in and silently cheer on the others who do.

Early on in my visits here, one member had a 17 or so day streak going, and then she lost it to the Binge. She posted, "Well, I made it 17 days, at least." Another regular member of the forum replied promptly, "And you will again."

Back then and even now, 17 days sounds like a remarkable streak to me. 200 days is nothing short of amazing and inspiring. Anything in between is also praise-worthy and wonderful. Indeed, anyone who resists the urge for even ONE day deserves cheers for that victory.

You made it more than 200 days. To quote that other member, "And you will again."
  • hillmike56
    Options
    DBF:9

@brittdee88 that's one of the biggest streaks I seen here as well. Think I made 60+ one time and didn't understand why the BINGE was still such a powerful force in my life. I image you saw a lot of change in your health and body during that run. I agree with the others comments and hope you realize the accomplishment you have made in your life and how powerful that is to a community such as ours.

• brittdee88
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss @Nevadaden @hillmike56 thank you so much for your kind words. I logged in and read them but wasn't ready to come back yet to update. I did have a good cry, but you all are exactly right. I never would've thought I'd make it one day without binging a few years ago, so this is amazing progress. Even though I did feel like an utter failure, I at least know it is possible to do it again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

June 2018

Me: 26
    DBF: 1
    Urge-free days: 0
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Me: 28
    B: zero
    DBF: 28

All & all a consistent month, a few days I did eat a bit more than usual for feeling lethargic, but nothing crazy or worthy of considering a binge. Ex) extra 500-600 Kcal 1-2 days a week days to balance out some days I just didn't feel like eating much (only ~2,000kcal) due to hot weather
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 9
    DBF: 0

Picking myself up this morning from another lost bout with that powerful force we struggle with. I refuse to believe that I can't have a couple of beers in a social setting and still beat the BINGE but it seems to add it's powers in my battle.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @Keto_Vampire great progress. You should be so proud.
    @hillmike56 I'm so sorry about yesterday, but I have faith in you for today. You've got this.

June 2018
    Me: 27
    DBF: 2
    Urge-free days: 1
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I haven't been on the challenge in June, as I have been taking care of my dad in my home as he recovers from the mild stroke he had 2 months ago. He is still receiving therapy but is improving a LOT! I am back in the challenge for July because I need it BADLY! So, here's the link to July's challenge!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10678183/me-vs-the-binge-july-2018-challenge/p1?new=1
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 10
    DBF: 1

Yes @brittdee88 that is the mindset we have to have. And we have a new month starting tomorrow but I hope is everyone fighting this battle finishes out this HOT Saturday on a positive note.

@lamlam2013 Sorry to hear about your dad. Looking forward to having you back in the community.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @lamlam2013 So sorry about your father, and it is good to hear that he is improving.
    @hillmike56 Hear, hear!

June 2018
    Me: 28
    DBF: 3
    Urge-free days: 2
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 11
    DBF: 2

On to a new month with 183 days to go in 2018. Can we make it a special one! I would like to finish it strong without a weight resolution for 2019 except maintenance.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @hillmike56 that's a great resolution! I would love the same :)

June 2018
    Me: 29
    DBF: 4
    Urge-free days: 2