Low Carb/Keto And Intermittent Fasting-Down 70 lbs in 18 weeks

Options
For the past 18 weeks I've been doing IF. Eating once a day at the 23rd hour. I eat mostly Keto and some days let my carbs come up a little bit but still LC. I'm rarely between 40-50 grams/carbs/day but mostly am between 10-30 grms/day carbs. When I started i was 274 lbs and I am now 204 lbs as of this morning. I was pre diabetic, had high blood pressure, and the early stages of a fatty liver. All my health markers have improved greatly across the board and I am no longer pre diabetic, and now have perfect blood pressure and no fatty liver anymore. I feel very very good and have tons of energy. I have a large frame so with that my goal is to get down to between 174 and 180lbs then adjust my eating in order to gain some more lean mass and maintain that.

Hope i may be able to inspire others out there who are also looking to do the same improvements to their health.

Some of the pictures of when I started, then when I got to 214lbs and the one with the jeans is this morning at 204 lbs.

bjii07arw89n.jpg
ff4lw5ixg3i1.jpg

m33la15hcr7v.jpg
vx571qjkd6wv.jpg
20hq9sn15sok.jpg

jetjb00gihs9.jpg

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats so far! It looks like you found a woe that works for you. :)
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Such a short amount of time too. Nice dedication. You will be at your goal in no time :-)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Congrats so far! It looks like you found a woe that works for you. :)

Thanks yup definitely working :smile:
    Wow you look great! Such a short amount of time too. Nice dedication. You will be at your goal in no time :-)

Thank you! Time is flying by! I will be at my high school weight within a month at this rate :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot!! nice bit of work there, sir!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Woot Woot!! nice bit of work there, sir!

Thank you! :smile:
  • Enzedandy
    Enzedandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Nice achievement to date. Very inspiring. Can you give an idea of a typical meal you have once a day. Just curious.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Excellent results!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. You lost 70 lbs and about 10 years!! You look marvelous :D
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    Congrats to you. You lost 70 lbs and about 10 years!! You look marvelous :D

Thank you I feel a lot younger too! :smile:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!!
  • wesleymyers
    wesleymyers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome man! Many congrats - you look great and I appreciate your article on how/what you eat. Thank you.
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    PaulChasin:

When did you time your one meal and did you snack or supplement while fasting? Very impressive and inspiring. Thinking about going the one meal/day route myself. Anything else you could add to someone considering the same path? Thanks!!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    Awesome man! Many congrats - you look great and I appreciate your article on how/what you eat. Thank you.
    Thank you! No problem. My pleasure sharing.
    fdhunt1 wrote: »
    PaulChasin:

When did you time your one meal and did you snack or supplement while fasting? Very impressive and inspiring. Thinking about going the one meal/day route myself. Anything else you could add to someone considering the same path? Thanks!!

Thank you :smile: I eat at 4PM. I don't eat/snack on anything during the fasting hours. Only things I drink are water and black coffee with stevia and zero calorie electrolyte powder with pink salt and water. It gets much easier to eat/live this way as time goes on and hunger for me is no longer existent. I love food flavors but no longer feel the need to eat cause of satiation needs. The thing I do notice is that if I have a couple days in the week where I allow my carbs to go up a bit more in the 40 gram range then I do start to feel like I want food more so I don't allow that to happen too often. When I keep my carbs from 30 grms/day or less (more often around the 20 gram range I am completely satiated.
  • jlawless1989
    jlawless1989 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • rpmkarting
    rpmkarting Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nice job, I started Keto April 11 2018 and I was 300lbs. Have been Keto and intermittent fasting since June; eating 8 fasting 16, now 242 lbs without a single day of working out. I plan to add gym time to my daily regimen. Question I have is, have you been doing any working out or cardio? If so how much? I have been avg 2000 calories per day, mostly less than 25-30 grams of carbs per day. Occasionally up to 50 but that is rare.

My goal is 185lbs so I still have a long way to go. I hit mini plateaus along the way, I stay same weight for 2 weeks before more big losses occur. I find it really interesting how that works.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've definitely found the way forward for yourself. Love it!