Keto/LC And Intermittent Fasting-Down 70 lbs in 18 Weeks

Options
For the past 18 weeks I've been doing IF. Eating once a day at the 23rd hour. I eat mostly Keto and some days let my carbs come up a little bit but still LC. I'm rarely between 40-50 grams/carbs/day but mostly am between 10-30 grms/day carbs. When I started i was 274 lbs and I am now 204 lbs as of this morning. I was pre diabetic, had high blood pressure, and the early stages of a fatty liver. All my health markers have improved greatly across the board and I am no longer pre diabetic, and now have perfect blood pressure and no fatty liver anymore. I feel very very good and have tons of energy. I have a large frame so with that my goal is to get down to between 174 and 180lbs then adjust my eating in order to gain some more lean mass and maintain that.

Hope i may be able to inspire others out there who are also looking to do the same improvements to their health.

Some of the pictures of when I started, then when I got to 214lbs and the one with the jeans is this morning at 204 lbs.

bjii07arw89n.jpg
ff4lw5ixg3i1.jpg

m33la15hcr7v.jpg
vx571qjkd6wv.jpg
20hq9sn15sok.jpg

jetjb00gihs9.jpg

Replies

• shirli2018
    shirli2018 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is pretty awesome! Incredible transformation in such a short time. Someone needs to go shopping for new pants :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    For the past 18 weeks I've been doing IF. When I started i was 274 lbs and I am now 204 lbs as of this morning. All my health markers have improved greatly across the board and I am no longer pre diabetic, and now have perfect blood pressure and no fatty liver anymore. I feel very very good and have tons of energy.

Hope i may be able to inspire others out there who are also looking to do the same improvements to their health.
    Love your testimony, Paul, thank you. It is so uplifting hearing what works. 70 pounds in 4-1/2 months, extra energy AND improved health? Wow!!!

• PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    shirli2018 wrote: »
    This is pretty awesome! Incredible transformation in such a short time. Someone needs to go shopping for new pants :)

Lol yup I need some new shirts and pants. I still have some old stuff that fits but most of it is out of style lol :smile:
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    For the past 18 weeks I've been doing IF. When I started i was 274 lbs and I am now 204 lbs as of this morning. All my health markers have improved greatly across the board and I am no longer pre diabetic, and now have perfect blood pressure and no fatty liver anymore. I feel very very good and have tons of energy.

Love your testimony, Paul, thank you. It is so uplifting hearing what works. 70 pounds in 4-1/2 months, extra energy AND improved health? Wow!!!
    Thank you! I'm very glad it is uplifting. I love hearing others success and there are so many great motivational people/stories on this forum. Glad to share mine. :smile:
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • shirli2018
    shirli2018 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @PaulChasinDreams
    I see skinny jeans in your near future ;)
  • ketobucko
    ketobucko Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow,that’s an amazing transformation well done mate
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    ketobucko wrote: »
    Wow,that’s an amazing transformation well done mate

Thank you!! :smile:
  • Devinpa
    Devinpa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great!
  • cwash2
    cwash2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    [That is so awesome. I started keto on May 26. I have been afraid to weigh lol. I can tell that I lost some inches, but I don't know about pounds. My friend who started with me has lost 15lbs since then. Do you find it helpful to weigh yourself and if so, how often? Also, do you use keto sticks or exercise? We walk around the track for at least 40 minutes 3 to 4 times a week.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    cwash2 wrote: »
    [That is so awesome. I started keto on May 26. I have been afraid to weigh lol. I can tell that I lost some inches, but I don't know about pounds. My friend who started with me has lost 15lbs since then. Do you find it helpful to weigh yourself and if so, how often? Also, do you use keto sticks or exercise? We walk around the track for at least 40 minutes 3 to 4 times a week.

I weight myself once a week. And I've done a few Dexa scans over the 18 weeks. But the clothes sizes dropping and the look in the mirror I find the most rewarding :smile: And I take progress pictures along the way as well. I use a blood tester to test ketones. I was weightlifting and bike riding but hurt my lower back so haven't been doing any exercise for about a month now.
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Well done!
  • terrilynnblack60
    terrilynnblack60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Paul great job!!! Can u explain IF like say u dont eat til supper?
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options

Thank you. Yes I eat once a day, every 23-23.5 hrs. Around 4PM
  • jheye
    jheye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! I've just been working on this about a month, and I've only lost a few pounds so I'm a bit jealous, but I haven't been as dedicated as you have been. My progress will be a bit slower, but I'll get there! Thanks for sharing.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    jheye wrote: »
    Fantastic progress! I've just been working on this about a month, and I've only lost a few pounds so I'm a bit jealous, but I haven't been as dedicated as you have been. My progress will be a bit slower, but I'll get there! Thanks for sharing.

Right on, stick to it and you'll reap the benefits! :smile:
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That’s a fantastic transformation! Great work!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    That’s a fantastic transformation! Great work!

Thank you :smile:
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    For the past 18 weeks I've been doing IF. Eating once a day at the 23rd hour. I eat mostly Keto and some days let my carbs come up a little bit but still LC. I'm rarely between 40-50 grams/carbs/day but mostly am between 10-30 grms/day carbs. When I started i was 274 lbs and I am now 204 lbs as of this morning. I was pre diabetic, had high blood pressure, and the early stages of a fatty liver. All my health markers have improved greatly across the board and I am no longer pre diabetic, and now have perfect blood pressure and no fatty liver anymore. I feel very very good and have tons of energy. I have a large frame so with that my goal is to get down to between 174 and 180lbs then adjust my eating in order to gain some more lean mass and maintain that.

Some of the pictures of when I started, then when I got to 214lbs and the one with the jeans is this morning at 204 lbs.

bjii07arw89n.jpg
    ff4lw5ixg3i1.jpg

m33la15hcr7v.jpg
    vx571qjkd6wv.jpg
    20hq9sn15sok.jpg

jetjb00gihs9.jpg

You look great and losing fast. I suppose that you are also working out a lot to not have excessive skin issues later.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Thank you. Yes I eat once a day, every 23-23.5 hrs. Around 4PM

That is great!!