My story

Options
Omad day 1 today.

I stopped eating last night a little before 8 so Ive got almost 12 hours in already. Goal is a 19/5 style. Only one meal but perhaps a small snack around 3 pm but only if needed.

My "why" is mostly for health and energy mixed in with a smidge of vanity. Tired of being a frumpadoodle.

I have a 4 year old son, so I need energy. Can't be a lazy sloth. I developed symphasis pubic dysfunction during my pregnancy which is joint pain brought on during pregnancy. Mine was located in my pubic bone. It was severe and I had to have physical therapy after giving birth. Im not in excruciating pain anymore but my joints in my entire hip area are not the same...still feel some slight aches, popping, all that. I know losing a good 40 would definitely relieve a lot of the burden on my joints.

Ive tried so many diets and just cannot stick to them. Low carb, weight watchers, shakes...those top 3 come to mind.

Im giving this a try because I actually used to eat this way in my 20s before it was a thing...or at least I didnt know it was. I never wanted food in the morning and I was too lazy to pack a lunch or too rushed, so I'd just eat dinner. I maintained in the 120/130 just fine, only thing I wanted back then was to firm up so I'd exercise. Sometimes.

Another reason why I'm doing this is because I do believe that humans dont need all this freaking food!!! Its become ridiculous. Have you ever been sick and nothing sounded good except maybe some soup and 7up and you lived on that for like a week and you were just....fine?!?! I dont get sick often, but when I have been its pretty eye opening on how little food the body is just fine with.

And finally, the last reason Im trying this is convenience. No more stressing about diets, what I can and cant eat, planning, blah blah. I love to cook, I love cookbooks, trying new recipes, etc and I can still enjoy this on OMAD. Food will not be some enemy chore.

I'll keep the group posted!!

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I hope you do well on your journey! It has been an amazing one for me, and when you like to eat it is so easy - just make that your meal, no restrictions on what you can or can't have. Since I am still in weight loss mode, I am on the one plate rule and it has worked wonders!

Hope you keep us updated on your progress. All the members here are fantastic in terms of support and also in terms of being honest with their struggles.
  • tuftedghostdeer
    tuftedghostdeer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Welcome to the group! I hope you do well on your journey! It has been an amazing one for me, and when you like to eat it is so easy - just make that your meal, no restrictions on what you can or can't have. Since I am still in weight loss mode, I am on the one plate rule and it has worked wonders!

Hope you keep us updated on your progress. All the members here are fantastic in terms of support and also in terms of being honest with their struggles.

Thank you. I definitely will!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    OMAD is a great WOE and it works. Welcome to the group and I look forward to following your journey and celebrating your successes as I know you will have them.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the OMAD FAMILY! You will find encouragement and you can see others struggling and going through the same things you are experiencing welcome to the OMAD lifestyle and journey this lifestyle really works you will lose weight and you will feel better all around and you will be in control! 👍
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Welcome! your journey is similar to mine, except having a kid haha. you have found out that diets don't work for weight loss too eh? you have come to the right place :) I am doing 19/5 and it is almost miraculous! hard to believe only 3 months ago I believed i was too old and my metabolism too slow to ever lose any weight again.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group and good luck! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you'll do great!!! :)
  • tuftedghostdeer
    edited June 2018
    Options
    How do you post pictures here?
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    How do you post pictures here?

If you are using an Apple mobile product or PC, you have a photo icon above the text bar to search and insert pictures.

• tuftedghostdeer
    Options
    Android. Womp womp
  • tuftedghostdeer
    Options
    I'm down 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm focusing on the loss....not the quickness of it. I started June 20. Lost 2 pounds the first week and 1 pound this week...I was 170.5 yesterday so I may have lost 4 pounds so far. Weight was up to 171.4 today...but I ate pizza last night, so sodium?

This is working though, right??
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'm down 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm focusing on the loss....not the quickness of it. I started June 20. Lost 2 pounds the first week and 1 pound this week...I was 170.5 yesterday so I may have lost 4 pounds so far. Weight was up to 171.4 today...but I ate pizza last night, so sodium?

This is working though, right??

Of course.
  • tuftedghostdeer
    Options
    Thanks..I want OUT of 170s so bad. My first goal is to make it to 165...I havent seen that in a couple years ...ultimate goal is maintenance in 130s.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    LOL!😀 I HAVEN'T SEEN 175 LBS SINCE I GOT MARRIED AND STARTED RAISING A FAMILY OF MY OWN 30 + YEARS AGO. BUT I SEE IT ON THE HORIZON!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome!!! :)
  • tuftedghostdeer
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I actually like pinning recipes again and not feeling guilty about it if it doesn't meet my "diet" requirement...and I left weight watchers today for good. Never going back.
  • tuftedghostdeer
    Options
    Did anyone have to give up sweets when doing omad or at least limit them to once a week or so? Ive found my weight goes up or stays the same if I have dessert.
  • zoopis94
    zoopis94 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Did anyone have to give up sweets when doing omad or at least limit them to once a week or so? Ive found my weight goes up or stays the same if I have dessert.

I've been having a small amount of ice cream after my meals for a lot of them. Didn't affect my progress
  • tuftedghostdeer
    Options
    I relapsed. I was doing so well and weight was going down and then I hit a wall. One day I was so physically tired. All I wanted to do was sleep. That is not like me at all. I broke down and ate something. I wasn't hungry but looking for energy. The food did help bring me back to life. So then I slipped back into eating 2-3 times a day and started questioning if OMAD was for me. But of course, I am now back to where I started and have gained the 3 pounds I lost back. UGH. SIGH.