My story

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I started and failed many times, but tomorrow is a new day so just get right back to OMAD and don't look back. You can do it :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Create the habit, results will come. :):)

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    We have all started and learned (not failed) and restarted! You've got this!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Amen.....we all have gotten off track - but we haven't fallen off the rails! Forgive yourself, and move on!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    I did quit the sweets around week 5. I still had the same weight loss as when I ate sweets, so it works either way, but for me, when I just quit them all together, my cravings went away, and it made things easier. I also experienced tiredness, especially in the middle of the day. eating more nutrient dense foods really helped me. wild Sockeye salmon, dark vegetables, beef livers, eggs, etc. eat more whole foods and your body will thank you, but it takes some time to get used to it.
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    another thing I noticed is after a while of no sugar, I really can taste the natural sweetness in whole foods. A bite of fresh tomato is almost like candy. I also now enjoy 100 percent chocolate, where as before, it would curl my toes lol
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    Wow have not gotten to the point of quitting sugar. That is serious willpower.
  • EstrangedTiger
    @DarthWaderMT This is also my experience.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I agree, @DarthWaderMT! When I was far along on keto, my first bite of onion after several months was like straight up dessert.
  • tuftedghostdeer
    tuftedghostdeer Posts: 24 Member
    Ok. I got back on this train yesterday. I was 171 this morning, so almost back to 170, where I was when I did this a few weeks ago. I cant wait to see 160. Havent seen that in 2 + years. Ultimate goal is to be in 130s.

When will I stop overeating though? Tonight I was extra hungry. Last night not so much. Portions were in check last night. But tonight I ate a large portion of homemade stirfry. About half way through I was already feeling full....but I kept eating!!! I didnt end up eating all of it. But still. When am I going to STOP when I feel those body signals??
    Is this normal when starting out?
  • EstrangedTiger
    Ok. I got back on this train yesterday. I was 171 this morning, so almost back to 170, where I was when I did this a few weeks ago. I cant wait to see 160. Havent seen that in 2 + years. Ultimate goal is to be in 130s.

When will I stop overeating though? Tonight I was extra hungry. Last night not so much. Portions were in check last night. But tonight I ate a large portion of homemade stirfry. About half way through I was already feeling full....but I kept eating!!! I didnt end up eating all of it. But still. When am I going to STOP when I feel those body signals??
    Is this normal when starting out?

Perhaps eat slower to give your mind/gastro connection time to work. Also, some days you need more, some less!

Do certain foods trigger you?
  • tuftedghostdeer
    I typically dont overeat stirfry!! Haha! I think I was just extra hungry tonight. I was done eating for the day by 630 and only drank water after. We'll see what the scale says. The only food that I really dont have self control around are really good donuts. But they have to be really good ones...and fresh. Otherwise I can totally ignore them. Ha
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Don't be too hard on yourself! May be the scales will indicate differently. Just treat this is an off day and start again tomorrow. Talking about donuts, I love brioche donuts straight from the oven. I prefer oven baked ones but a freshly deep fried brioche donut will be superb. :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Don't be too hard on yourself! May be the scales will indicate differently. Just treat this is an off day and start again tomorrow. Talking about donuts, I love brioche donuts straight from the oven. I prefer oven baked ones but a freshly deep fried brioche donut will be superb. :)

I'm a sucker for some good coffee and a beignet in New Orleans.

• dkayingram
    I totally have days when I eat more than other days. I think that is just part of the cycle. I agree with @EstrangedTiger try to slow down as you eat, and see if that helps. I find that if I am truly hungry I will tend to eat faster, and I have really been working on slowing down, it doesn't always work, but it is something to try.
    Doughnuts --OMG when the Krispy Kreme "HOT DOUGNUTS" sign is on.....*drool*
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Now I want a donut!!!!
  • tuftedghostdeer
    My weight was down this morning, even though I overate stirfry...WITH rice. I guess I just cant believe I can enjoy food AND lose..
  • dkayingram
    That is super!
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Just keep going ! we all hit those spots ! You are doing a great job dont beat your self up !
  • EstrangedTiger
    My weight was down this morning, even though I overate stirfry...WITH rice. I guess I just cant believe I can enjoy food AND lose..

There is an adjustment period concerning eating that amount of food in one sitting.