Personal best on squats

Options

Replies

• vinzorelli
    Options
    Forever Lever 10mm. red! My lifts are on IG - vinzorelli

I'm gunning for 315 before the end of the year. That would be right about 2.5x BW. I'd be happy with that for a while.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

I'm gunning for 315 before the end of the year. That would be right about 2.5x BW. I'd be happy with that for a while.

The levers are awesome. I've had mine for years. I rock the royal blue :smile:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Nice! I have the 10mm Lever belt too. It is by the far the best belt I've ever used. I'm very tempted to buy a second as a back-up just in case mine should break, because it takes like 6-weeks to get. Mine is just black, came close to getting the chocolate. LOL
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Nice! I have the 10mm Lever belt too. It is by the far the best belt I've ever used. I'm very tempted to buy a second as a back-up just in case mine should break, because it takes like 6-weeks to get. Mine is just black, came close to getting the chocolate. LOL

I am getting another belt for my birthday as a gift from my husband. I've only ever own Inzer belts but I'm buying one from Bob's belts http://www.bobsbelts.com/. They aren't cheap, about $200 including shipping but I'm being a princess and I want a tri-colour belt. They make them custom in the colours you select and will pre-work the leather around the holes. Plus they will do custom stitching and embroidery.

I'm sticking with a 10mm single prong and getting it in navy, powder blue and white with my initials embroidered on the back. Total princess but since they last forever, I want to get what I want. They are sending me leather swatches to make sure of my colour selection.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

I am getting another belt for my birthday as a gift from my husband. I've only ever own Inzer belts but I'm buying one from Bob's belts http://www.bobsbelts.com/. They aren't cheap, about $200 including shipping but I'm being a princess and I want a tri-colour belt. They make them custom in the colours you select and will pre-work the leather around the holes. Plus they will do custom stitching and embroidery.

I'm sticking with a 10mm single prong and getting it in navy, powder blue and white with my initials embroidered on the back. Total princess but since they last forever, I want to get what I want. They are sending me leather swatches to make sure of my colour selection.

I can think of worst things to be picky about, very cool!
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Just clocked 300lbs @ 129lbs two days ago. Just my trusty inzer belt. Video on my IG - vinzorelli

Good grinder. 2.3xBW, shooting for 2.5x BW before the end of the year.
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    I bought new plates for set at home and hit my first ever raw squat of 325 pounds. No belt, no wraps, nothing... starting with a max of 190 a year and a half ago, Im thrilled to hit that weight. It pushes my total over 1000 pounds! I think I will set my sights on doing my first meet next summer.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Finally got 350lbs for 5 reps for my Monday workout and will try for 360lbs for a triple tomorrow. Current program calls for 10lbs jumps, but might have to move to 5lbs jumps in the near future.

Also raw as I have yet to feel the need for a belt or anything else yet.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Just clocked 300lbs @ 129lbs two days ago. Just my trusty inzer belt. Video on my IG - vinzorelli

Good grinder. 2.3xBW, shooting for 2.5x BW before the end of the year.

Nice job! I'm hoping to hit 300 lbs @ 123 lbs by next Spring (with belt and knee wraps). Let us know when you've hit that 325 goal.
    I bought new plates for set at home and hit my first ever raw squat of 325 pounds. No belt, no wraps, nothing... starting with a max of 190 a year and a half ago, Im thrilled to hit that weight. It pushes my total over 1000 pounds! I think I will set my sights on doing my first meet next summer.

That's awesome. If you're hitting top numbers at your home gym, that must mean you've got it set up right so that's comfortable.
    Finally got 350lbs for 5 reps for my Monday workout and will try for 360lbs for a triple tomorrow. Current program calls for 10lbs jumps, but might have to move to 5lbs jumps in the near future.

That's some good weight. Good luck on getting those triples.
  • vinzorelli
    Options

Nice job! I'm hoping to hit 300 lbs @ 123 lbs by next Spring (with belt and knee wraps). Let us know when you've hit that 325 goal.

Thanks. I'm waiting on my adipowers to show up. Hopefully that'll help me adjust some biomechanics like the slight heel lift I'm experiencing. Time to get strong.
  • cajuntank
    Options

That's some good weight. Good luck on getting those triples.
    [/quote]

Got my triple last Friday, but it was at 355lbs...don't know why the spreadsheet jumped that weight by 5 compared to previous weeks at 10lbs jumps. But completed this Monday's workout with ramped set of 5 at 355lbs...I think I might have finally found my "groove" in regards to bar position and stance as while it was tough, I could have made it another rep or two. Spreadsheet says 365lbs for my triple coming Friday....
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Paused squats are definitely helping! Haven't tested my max in a while (see profile pic for my reasoning), but managed to slam out 600 confidently without my spotters the week before the arrival, and pushed a 1005 lockout to get over the "this is too heavy" mentality.

That sticking point when I try to push through parallel is going away bit by bit, and I'll be ready to compete in the spring!
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    looking to work up to a 1RM tomorrow on squat day, but as of now my best is 365x5 as the final set of 5x5 with 285/305/325/345/365. hoping to push out 405-425 working some warm ups and heavy singles....
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    625 in competition, barely missed 660- bar tilted a little too far to one side so I didn't get depth on the other side when trying to recover.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    Options
    One of those rare days where the weight just felt light. It was going up easy.

245x5 (5 rep PR) 90% of my 1RM
    260x3 (3 rep PR) 95% of my 1RM

bodyweight: 124-125
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    just adding a little update... got 415 for a clean rep. then did a few sets of heavier pin squats, got 515x3 and it felt remarkably light. im hoping ill hit 425-450 at my meet in march.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    Options
    275 for 3 reps @ bodyweight of 124-125

had two people observe and confirm that all reps went below parallel

275 is my PR from my October meet. My next meet is in three weeks.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    315 for a double tonight.
  • cajuntank
    Options
    Mine is all over the place at the moment. I ate at a little above my maintenance calories two weeks ago and handled 370lbs for 5 reps rather easily, but after a few days back at caloric deficit, I struggled to get 365lbs for 5 reps last week and couldn't get 370lbs for my triple on Friday. Seems like it's taking longer to recover here lately on squatting but my bench for whatever reason seems to be improving some...:huh:
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Awesome numbers. I use StrongLifts 5x5 Program. It calls for 5 pound jumps on everything except Deadlift, Which is 10 lb. jumps.
    I found this formula helps me advance consistently, while continuing to get stronger.